WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
because hockey Canada is run by the same morons that run the oilers.

ya a couple of head scratching decisions in Edmundson/Pulock I don't see anything in particular that leads one to conclude that their games will translate to international ice. Pulock perhaps on the PP (great shot) has some value. probably adds 3 assists to McDavid's point totals.

It doesn't appear Vlasic will be available (loves the international game) so, if Hockey Canada could remove their stupid caps for a while and get on the blower to Matheson, I can live with a top 4 of Matheson/Ekblad Nurse/Parayako. or perhaps they are hoping for Rielly. not ideal, not quite the Prague Powerhouse I hoped for, but players declining this tournament and ad hoc rosters is, in any annoying way, part of its appeal.

Last edited:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
looking forward to Avs v Preds this afternoon. I'm torn though, I'd like to see Nate make a long playoff run, but since the Preds are a bit out of reach for Nate and the Avs, I'm hoping he'll join McDavid and Co. next week.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
MacKinnon, Barrie, Girard and even Bernier would all be available..

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Blues have one of the best D-Corps in all of hockey and Parayko and Eddy are a shutdown pairing on that team. Guarantee they'll be playing together on the 1st or 2nd pair. Annnnd Dunn>Polock AINEC

RNH McDavid Barzal
Schwartz O'Reilly Schenn
XXXX Horvat Eberle
Beauvillier XXXX Pageau

Chabot - Ekblad
Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn - Nurse
Polock

I'm afraid of this line being put together and working really well. What could have been....

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
A McDAvid-Barzal line may not work, but I'd like to give it a try in the 1 pre-tournament game to find out.

My old nemesis Getzlaf is back in the mix being down 0-2 to the SJS.

NJD, TML and the AVS are the other additions.

Also, wasn't there a tweet about Jake Allen accepting an invite...what is the status of TC goaltending?

RNH

C MCDAVID

M BARZAL

T HALL

N MACKINNON

M MARNER

R O’REILLY

R GETZLAF

J EBERLE

J SCHWARTZ

B SCHENN

B HORVAT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

A BEAUVILLIER J-G PAGEAU
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

M RIELLY

C PARAYKO

D NURSE

A EKBLAD

T CHABOT / V DUNN

R PULOCK

J EDMUNDSON

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

?????????????

D KUEMPER

??????????????
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
A McDAvid-Barzal line may not work, but I'd like to give it a try in the 1 pre-tournament game to find out.
When are the pre-tournament games scheduled? I tried to look for info, but couldn't find anything...

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
When are the pre-tournament games scheduled? I tried to look for info, but couldn't find anything...

haven't heard anything about it yet. usually Canada only plays the 1 pre-tournament game. I would imagine they'll hold a 3-4 day camp somewhere close to Denmark and play that 1 game v that country's NT. My guess would be somewhere in Germany or Sweden. makes the most sense. perhaps Finland.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Any guesses on leadership for this team?

C - Connor McDavid
A - Ryan O'Reilly
A - Jaden Schwartz
A - Brayden Schenn

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Any guesses on leadership for this team?

C - Connor McDavid
A - Ryan O'Reilly
A - Jaden Schwartz
A - Brayden Schenn

if no big names are added with the late additions, then those would be the most likely candidates. C would have to go to O'Reilly.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I am not a big fan of Bailey but he had a good year and I am curious to see how he does internationally. Unfortunate for Dunn that he isn't going (I assume a minor injury) but probably a good thing for Hockey Canada.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I'm happy with the Bailey add. I had him on my roster ever since he signed the new deal. I went out on a limb last year with Killorn, and what a disappointment he turned out to be. So, Bailey better deliver.

perhaps a line of Horvat ROR Bailey

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
best possible scenario

Dubnyk, Elliott
, Kumper

Hall McDavid MacKinnon
Schwartz Getzlaf Bailey
Barzal O'Reilly Eberle
Schenn RNH Horvat
Pageau

Beauvillier

Barrie-Parayko
Ekblad-Muzzin
Rielly-
Chabot
Edmundson

Pulock

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Josh Bailey can slot in anywhere other than 1C, he's got a solid 200ft game and extremely versatile.... the type of player coaches love to have.

Reactions: SI90

ilvins

Apr 6, 2003
Latvia
Visit site
haven't heard anything about it yet. usually Canada only plays the 1 pre-tournament game. I would imagine they'll hold a 3-4 day camp somewhere close to Denmark and play that 1 game v that country's NT. My guess would be somewhere in Germany or Sweden. makes the most sense. perhaps Finland.
They play in Riga on 1st of May 5pm local time against Latvia. That is only pre tournament game as far as I know. Got my tickets today, as it might be once in a lifetime chance to see McDavid in Latvia.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
best possible scenario

Dubnyk, Elliott
, Kumper

Hall McDavid MacKinnon
Schwartz Getzlaf Bailey
Barzal O'Reilly Eberle
Schenn RNH Horvat
Pageau

Beauvillier

Barrie-Parayko
Ekblad-Muzzin
Rielly-
Chabot
Edmundson

Pulock
Hall doesnt work very well with Mcdavid because they both need to rush the puck to be effective. Better to have 2 great puck rushers on 2 seperate lines imo.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see RNH on Mcdavids wing

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Bailey will provide TC with leadership and a lot of versatility. He’s a heady 2 way player that can play up and down the lineup. PP and PK as well. Great add by TC imo. Alot of islanders on TC lol

Reactions: snipes

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
They play in Riga on 1st of May 5pm local time against Latvia. That is only pre tournament game as far as I know. Got my tickets today, as it might be once in a lifetime chance to see McDavid in Latvia.

nice. post updates if possible.

team will most likely arrive on the 28th. hold 1 or 2 practice sessions on 29th. or 30th. game and then scoot off to Denmark.

Reactions: jaro

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
RNHMCDAVID?????
SCHWARTZO’REILLY SCHENN
??????M BARZALJ EBERLE
?????B HORVATJ-G PAGEAU
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
A BEAUVILLIER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
CHABOTEKBLAD
EDMUNDSONC PARAYKO
DUNNNURSE
R PULOCK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Why not just plug Beauvillier, Barzal and Eberle in as the 2nd line and let ROR be the matchup center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad