WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I suspect MacKinnon and Marner to be available after the 1st round and both saying yes to participate. Not sure about Hall though.

Nugent-Hopkins-McDavid-Marner
Schwartz-Schenn-MacKinnon
Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Horvat-O'Reilly-Pageau

Chabot-Ekblad
Nurse-Pulock
Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Barrie been injured most part of tournament.
Vlasic = Ekblad

Barrie remains better, as is Morrissey. Vlasic is better than Ekblad right now. Vlasic is arguably the best defensive defenceman in hockey. For the purposes of this tournament Ekblad is good though as he is still quite young.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I suspect MacKinnon and Marner to be available after the 1st round and both saying yes to participate. Not sure about Hall though.

Nugent-Hopkins-McDavid-Marner
Schwartz-Schenn-MacKinnon
Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Horvat-O'Reilly-Pageau

Chabot-Ekblad
Nurse-Pulock
Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn
That’s pretty terrible for Canada

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Really?

Better then your guys garbage. What has been your teams placing here lately?
TEAM Russia play like garbage many years . But Russia still have many talanted players (like Kaprizov,Gusev or Kravtzov for example ) Main problem for Russia very lousing coaching. Russia still produce many
good players.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
TEAM Russia play like garbage many years . But Russia still have many talanted players (like Kaprizov,Gusev or Kravtzov for example ) Main problem for Russia very lousing coaching. Russia still produce many
good players.

They still produce many great players, just not great teams.

I think a guy making a post here about how bad our team supposedly is should maybe consider it is a team that starts with the best player in the world and also a team organization that has managed to construct rosters that have 2 golds and a silver the last 3 skoda tournaments, what results does his team have the last few years? And what player does his team have that starts out being able to match a guy like Mcdavid?

Maybe he should keep all this in mind before giving his friendly "opinion"

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
I think Team Canada have good and young team. Many very talanted players like Barzal or McDavid . But your goalie really looks not good.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
I find it odd how we can consistently put together four solid forward lines for this tournament, yet always struggle mightily with our goaltending and defense.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
That’s pretty terrible for Canada
Mcdavid, NGH, ROR, Barzal, Eberle, Parayko ... that s terrible ? i dont think so . Yes , it is not A team but word terrible ? Also there will be some adds after playoff 1st round and Benn + Seguin didn t said definitly NO yet

Reactions: jj cale

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Blues have one of the best D-Corps in all of hockey and Parayko and Eddy are a shutdown pairing on that team. Guarantee they'll be playing together on the 1st or 2nd pair. Annnnd Dunn>Polock AINEC

RNH McDavid Barzal
Schwartz O'Reilly Schenn
XXXX Horvat Eberle
Beauvillier XXXX Pageau

Chabot - Ekblad
Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn - Nurse
Polock

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
From what Canada has to choose from , yes, this is a terrible selection so far,
Canada doesn't have any control over what players choose to accept invites to this tournament, I am sure better players at certain positions were asked and they were shot down by those players, and then there are the injury/contract situations of players also.

The U.S,Russia,Finland,Sweden, all those teams could have much better teams they could choose from then what they will have here, it's not just Canada. I guess you could say Russia maybe not so much because most of the players they would like to have are playing in the playoffs so they are just not available at least until some of them get knocked out in the first round, most of their depth for this sort of tournament plays in the K.H.L but they are still affected.Sweden, Finland,the U.S suffer greatly though because their depth plays in the N.H.L and if their non playoff playing guys don't want to/can't play they take a big hit.

You can want certain players.....................doesn't mean you are going to get them for this tournament. Still, the roster so far on paper is good enough to win this thing, this is not a best on best tournament, look at the rosters of all the other teams, none of them have any better roster then this Canadian one yet.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
this is a great team. no excuses can be used if this team fail. this is the best team by far in the tournament, just compare it to other nations.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The ones I am most curious about are Hamilton and Huberdeau, as it is unclear if they were even asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad