WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Are you ready? The tournament of all tournaments kicks off tonight. I got my seat reserved in my mancave for Jets v Wild.

With the Oilers our, I’m bandwagoning with my prairie brothers, the Jets building will be rocking tonight.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm definitely looking forward to Pittsburgh-Philadelphia and Toronto-Boston. The west looks boring and the time zones out there are not the easiest to tolerate.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
only 1 game, but I was shocked at Pitt dismantling of Philly. I made the bold prediction of Philly knocking off Pitt. never count out Sid. either way, a Giroux-Couturier-Konecny line is back in play. If Benn or Seguin were going to accept an invite, they would have already done so by now. My hope rests with the Philly trio.

and Dumba playing 30 minutes. wowzers. could be a decent add when Minny bows out. but Dumba as a number 1? I'm not so sure. depends on who his partner would be.

Last edited:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
No Dumba. Even with the group Canada currently has, no Dumba.

well, I'd prefer Dumba over Pulock/Dunn. but that ship has sailed...Doughty will be a no if available. and if Burns says, thanks, but no thanks. I'm tired. Dumba may be what we are left with. we don't get a final say, unfortunately.

Reactions: Hagstrom

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Spurgeon will be interesting option too. Dumba played very well in St.Petersberg 16

would be a good choice, but he's playing injured and will most likely decline. and besides, doesn't seem to have any interest in international hockey. He has yet to play a game at any level. He's had the opportunity, he has fans in Hockey Canada, yet he hasn't ever played an international game. I gave up on Spurgeon after the last couple of years.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Spurgeon will be interesting option too. Dumba played very well in St.Petersberg 16

Dumba was bad in 2016. Canada eventually made him the seventh defenceman, and probably the key for Canada in the tournament was when Ellis was added and took the top minutes and allowed for Dumba to be put into the seventh spot.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Dumba was bad in 2016. Canada eventually made him the seventh defenceman, and probably the key for Canada in the tournament was when Ellis was added and took the top minutes and allowed for Dumba to be put into the seventh spot.

I don't hold grudges like you do. we've discussed this before. at 21 years old he should have never been anything more than a 6 or 7 d-man. I don't expect anything more this year from Dunn or Chabot. well, I hope Chabot is a lot better at this tournament at 21 than Dumba was at the same age. but I don't expect it.

and if Chabot has a rough tournament, what say you for future tournaments? No Chabot, please?

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I don't hold grudges like you do. we've discussed this before. at 21 years old he should have never been anything more than a 6 or 7 d-man. I don't expect anything more this year from Dunn or Chabot. well, I hope Chabot is a lot better at this tournament at 21 than Dumba was at the same age. but I don't expect it.

and if Chabot has a rough tournament, what say you for future tournaments? No Chabot, please?

Since I am not an idiot who only considers one factor forever when judging a player, your speculation about my thoughts is far off. . Chabot had a very strong WJC career (one of the best ever for a Canadian defenceman), Dumba had a terrible one. Dumba was terrible at this tournament before. Dumba is very prone to making boneheaded mistakes in the NHL, while Chabot is pretty solid in this regard. Chabot is a smarter player and a better skater. Based on his record I expect little from Dumba other than a hard point shot, but this edition of team Canada already has that need more than covered with Pulock, Ekblad and Parayko. I evaluate the players on a case by case basis.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not counting Philadelphia out... but yeah there is potential there. Konecny would be a nice addition. Couturier, Simmonds and especially Giroux have all played a lot at this tournament already. I expect none but any would be fine, with Simmonds least preferable as his game doesn't translate as well to international rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad