Olympics: Team Canada 2022 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Watched an Avs game for the first time in a while. Makar and Toews both deserve to be on this team.

You mean against the COVID-19 and injury riddled last place Ottawa Senators?

I mean, they may well deserve it, but my God, what a disaster of a game.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
When has that ever been a Hockey Canada philosophy in selecting 3 goalies for a NHL Team Canada Olympic team?
aside from them taking Jose theodore in 06 or whenever you are right, I swore they took a young price with them but i was wrong, maybe an injury or something. I still think it will be price, MAF and Hart

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Here’s my top 12 forwards atm

Huberdeau mcdavid. mangiapane
Dubois. Mackinnon. Stone
Marchand. Crosby. Bergeron
R. O Reilly. Couturier. Point.

I included Dubois and mangiapane over guys like marner, barzal and sheifele for a couple reasons.
First, both Dubois and mang have been terrific goal scorers this year. Having goal scorers on the wing will be more important than let’s say undersized playmakers. A Huberdeau and mcdavid duo should be with someone who can score goals. I see a lot of stone with mcdavid but I feel Mang is a better fit on that line. Dubois is having a fantastic season and he has size. Team Canada love there players who can score and have size on the wing ie. Heatley, Nash, benn, perry etc
Yeah....doubt that happens lol

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
A bit unorthodox but this is what I'd do assuming Point is out:

Stamkos-McDavid-Wilson
Huberdeau-Dubois-MacKinnon
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Couturier-O’Rielly-Stone
Tavares-Getzlaf

Theodore-Pietrangelo
Rielly-Doughty
Weegar-Ekblad
Toews-Makar

Price
Fleury
Binnington

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Bad news on Point. Obviously a game breaker. Mangi to me is the guy you take instead. Proved to be a good soldier, went to support Canada’s maybe worst team ever, truly. Won us gold.

Starts the season in a way that you can’t argue he’s playing well enough to be on the team. He’s not a bad penalty guy, he gives you 110% per shift, every shift. It’s a good story.

if he doesn’t make it, it’s not egregious, but lots of good reasons to take him.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I love them, Only thing i would change is the logo from the red jersey to white

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The black jersey is an abomination and and embarrassment to this country. The white jersey is the only one that is tolerable. Even the red one is 1/10, it looks more orange than red because of the shit black logo.

What is with Canada and black? All you need is a little black for trim if you want to include it, a black Maple Leaf and an all black jersey is beyond f***ed.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
The black jersey is an abomination and and embarrassment to this country. The white jersey is the only one that is tolerable. Even the red one is 1/10, it looks more orange than red because of the shit black logo.

What is with Canada and black? All you need is a little black for trim if you want to include it, a black Maple Leaf and an all black jersey is beyond f***ed.
They include the black jersey's because they want to sell more

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
They include the black jersey's because they want to sell more

Who in the blue hell are buying these monstrosities?

I would agree with you except the fact that these black jerseys are so unbelievably horrible that no one with a functioning brain would pay money for these, let alone over $200+.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Sigh, we just can’t have it all can we. I would think screwing up team Canada hockey jersey would be really hard to do, but here we are. Fml.

Clippy

Sep 22, 2011
Huawei-Logo-Font.jpg

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
Can we ditch the black on team Canada jerseys already?

The logo is also terrible. I can't believe they f***ed this part up. All you had to do was use the leaf that's on our flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce