Olympics: Team Canada 2022 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotyournose

Oct 24, 2019
I like the white jerseys. Not so fine with the red and black ones. I feel bad for the designers who have to make a brand new hockey Canada Olympic jersey. Every design has basically been done by now. Their so desperate for ideas they have to change the maple leaf itself.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Considering it is the 50th anniversary of the Summit Series I don't know why they wouldn't wear tribute jerseys to that
cut.jpg

mikita-faceoff-600.jpg

Because those jerseys were awful?

MosTLucky

May 25, 2016
Love these jerseys. Fresh new look that will look great on ice. The reds remind me of the Senators reverse retros (which I absolutely love). The blacks give me Team North America vibes, so I can't complain with that. And the whites resemble the 2010 Olympic white jerseys.
All three look fantastic and I'm glad they kept it simple (compared to 2018). The only thing I'd change are the logos. Other than that I'm a fan.
I definitely think peoples opinions will change on them once they see them on ice.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I think they will end up looking fine during play on the ice. I wish they used a different leaf, and lowered the stripes on the sleeves to be halfway up the arm though.

The black ones look cringey, but I think it's gonna look sick seeing McDavid, Crosby, Mackinnon and company wearing them.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Dubois McDavid Stamkos
Huberdeau Mackinnon Stone
Marchand Crosby Bergeron
Oreilly Point Marner
Kyrou
Mangiapane

Pelech Makar
Theodore Pietrangelo
Weegar Ekblad
Nurse

Price
Binnington
Hart

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Nazem Kadri has 22 points in 15 games and just 3 giveaways in 15 games. I think he would be a good fit on a 4th line.

slobbergob

Apr 29, 2015
This is the first year I remember hearing about this "long list". Do they ever release the names on the list? Would be nice to know who legitimately has no chance of making it.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This is the first year I remember hearing about this "long list". Do they ever release the names on the list? Would be nice to know who legitimately has no chance of making it.

There were no long lists before. They are also not going to be releasing the names on the long lists, apparently at the request of the NHL and NHLPA. I do hope that they do away with long lists for next time since it can impact countries with deep talent pools.

Reactions: slobbergob

slobbergob

Apr 29, 2015
There were no long lists before. They are also not going to be releasing the names on the long lists, apparently at the request of the NHL and NHLPA. I do hope that they do away with long lists for next time since it can impact countries with deep talent pools.

Agreed. I could also see a hypothetical where a country with no depth misses out on a guy who wasn't on their radar earlier in the year. Either way, hopefully it's gone for 2026.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It looks like they’re trying to hide the maple leaf on the all black jersey, which kind of annoys me.

The red and black one is ok. The classic white/red is gorgeous. Hopefully they’re wearing those ones in the important games. Rock the black ones against China.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
It looks like they’re trying to hide the maple leaf on the all black jersey, which kind of annoys me.

The red and black one is ok. The classic white/red is gorgeous. Hopefully they’re wearing those ones in the important games. Rock the black ones against China.
Canada’s record wearing white in best on best championship-deciding games in the last 20 years is an impressive 3-0, I get good vibes from the white

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I’ll hold my judgement on the uniforms until I see the actual player wearing it. That mannequin monster they have showcasing it isn’t a good representation of what it looks like on a real player, in motion.

Boys we got some players really heating up. Even our goalies are starting to wake up.

Now we just have to make sure they actually play!

Hockeyfan4453

Jul 26, 2009
City of Champions
Huberdeau-McDavid-Mackinnon
Marchand-Bergeron-Crosby
Barzal-Point-Marner
Mangiapane-O'Rielly-Stone

Extra: Stamkos, Schiefele

-Huberdeau is perfect playmaking winger for McDavid, McD and Mac had nice chemistry in World Cup of Hockey together. 2 best players in world arguably on same line
-World Cup Line that was best in tournament
-Point and Marner had great chemistry in past World Championships
-ROR in middle with defensively reliable Stone and Mangiapane that can PK. I think Canada goes young and we see players like Mangiapane (on fire to start season) make roster.

Chychrun-Makar
Theodore-Pietrangelo
Weegar-Ekblad

Extra: Hamilton, Pelech

-Love Chychrun as ideal partner for Maker over Toews, Pelech, Nurse, etc.
-Great chemistry and teammates in Vegas
-Dynamic pair, great chemistry, FL teammates and so underrated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad