Prospect Info: Team Board Mock Draft Pick #20

Who should the Rangers pick?

• Nils Hoglander, LW, Rogle (SHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simon Holmstrom, RW, HV71 (SHL)

• Ryan Johnson, Sioux Falls (USHL Minnesota commit)

• Brett Leason, C, Prince Albert (WHL)

• Ilya Nikolayev, C, Yaroslavl (KHL)

• Matthew Robertson, D, Edmonton (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Maybe safe is not the right word, projectable? If I look at Chytil, Miller, Lundqvist, these recent picks in the 20's, they seem very projectable players with safe floors and some upside but not boom bust types. Also all guys not really projected at their spots and picked a bit ahead.
Lundkvist was probably the safest of those three, but I don’t think Chytil was, and Miller might be the biggest boom/bust pick the Rangers have taken, he had been playing defense for 3 years and was on the 3rd pairing of a stacked team for most of his draft season

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Lundkvist was probably the safest of those three, but I don’t think Chytil was, and Miller might be the biggest boom/bust pick the Rangers have taken, he had been playing defense for 3 years and was on the 3rd pairing of a stacked team for most of his draft season
I don't buy that Chytil wasn't a projectable player, was playing in pro league and growing into mans body already, the questions was his upside. Miller is another projectable player, too good of an athlete and skater but sure more boom/bust vs other recent picks. I just don't buy that raw players are boom/bust types necessarily..

Reactions: pblawr

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Overager playing well against kids that are smaller make me very squeamish.

he's not an overager...he is an older player in this draft cause he missed last year's cutoff but its still his first draft eligible year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad