Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NSH] Tanner Jeannot for Cal Foote, c. 2025 1st round pick, 2024 2nd round pick, 2023 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
They'll resign him and like Hagel he'll be better in year 2. Sure they would have liked it now but he couldnt have been 100%

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
They won their cups before this trade! Giving up an entire draft class for a depth player was odd, and they fact they won in the past doesn’t absolve them
It gives them some leeway to make a move like this and not get blasted for it lol, ya win some ya lose some

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
They'll resign him and like Hagel he'll be better in year 2. Sure they would have liked it now but he couldnt have been 100%
Only difference from Hagel was Hagel was at least having a great year with the Hawks before struggling once moving to Tampa. Jeannot was awful this season for the Preds, a completely ineffectual player--he really just hasn't been the same player at all since hitting the wall at about game 60-65 the prior season. I think he still has the potential to be the guy that scored 24, but he sort of has to figure out how to still be effective now that he's a known entity and opponents understand what to expect out of him.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Tampa got their cups I don’t think they care about losing a trade(they shouldn’t atleast)
And how does that help them now? Do you think teams should retire from the league the moment they win a cup?

This trade was really, really bad, and it was easy to see it even at the time - no hindsight.

Reactions: klmdg and aylib

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Tampa got their cups I don’t think they care about losing a trade(they shouldn’t atleast)

They absolutely should. They traded an entire draft class for a guy who "might" top out as a 50 point player.

Tampa was able to sustain their success because of drafting guys like Cirelli and Point beyond the 1st round. They were also able to identify guys that could really blossom in their lineup like Hagel.

They basically traded away next year's draft class which means they no longer have the ability to trade for another Hagel or draft another Cirelli because they thought that Jeannot was gonna be the catalyst for a 4th Cup run.

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
They won their cups before this trade! Giving up an entire draft class for a depth player was odd, and they fact they won in the past doesn’t absolve them
It gives them some leeway to make a move like this and not get blasted for it loli
They absolutely should. They traded an entire draft class for a guy who "might" top out as a 50 point player.

Tampa was able to sustain their success because of drafting guys like Cirelli and Point beyond the 1st round. They were also able to identify guys that could really blossom in their lineup like Hagel.

They basically traded away next year's draft class which means they no longer have the ability to trade for another Hagel or draft another Cirelli because they thought that Jeannot was gonna be the catalyst for a 4th Cup run.
I still trust the gm that won 2 cups and a finals losing a trade vs a random poster calling it bad

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that this was a very nice attempt to gain upper hand against playoffs opponents. After many successful dealings this doesn't seem too good at the moment, but who knows, maybe Tanner Jeannot will be the main player while gaining the Stanley Cup during next season?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I think that this was a very nice attempt to gain upper hand against playoffs opponents. After many successful dealings this doesn't seem too good at the moment, but who knows, maybe Tanner Jeannot will be the main player while gaining the Stanley Cup during next season?
Considering Eyssimont had more of an impact in the series in 2 games than Jeannot had in 3 games I wouldn't hold my breath. Man was awful and so useless. He can fight thats for sure, but did next to nothing else.

Reactions: Outl4w and klmdg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't think there's any chance of a "50 point player". He had his career year already, at 41 pts, with an unsustainable shooting pct. I am a big fan of Jeannot. But realistically the hope is that he gets his game back together and becomes something more like a 30 pt player for the next few years. If he does that, then that's really the best Tampa can realistically hope for at this point, isn't it? (And that's still a good player, btw.)

There's probably a decent chance that Toronto was the other team that was bidding a 1st for Jeannot at the deadline, right? Probably part of the reason Tampa had to pile on more picks, knowing already they were going to be playing the Leafs. After Tampa won the "sweepstakes", the Leafs had the draft pick capital left to pivot to McCabe and Lafferty. Dunno that the delta there would have been enough to flip the series, but regardless, one should remember that Tampa didn't just pay that price out of the blue. They were actively trying to outbid somebody, which is what pushed the price they paid that high. Somebody else was going to be getting torched in this thread for giving up a 1st+2nd if the Bolts had backed down in the bidding war.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Right now it looks bad. It all depends on how he plays next season vs the draft picks coming in. There is at least a 1 in 5 chance though one of those picks ends up better than TJ. Those odds don't favor TB

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think Tampa traded for this guy for him to put up 10 goals in the post-season, they traded for him predominantly to bully the Leafs in the 1st round (and the Bruins in the 2nd round) and for his face-punching skills.
Hard to bully the Leafs from the press box!

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
The trade made sense, the price paid didn't.

Brisebois assumed Jeannot would run around against the leafs & bruins and do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted because no one could match his toughness. He f***ed around and found out and against Schenn in game #2. Its a draw. The rest of the lighting "tough guys" are BTFO and quickly abandoned the intimidation strategy used in years past. Jeannot becomes irrelevant and benched after game #4.

You know the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad