Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NSH] Tanner Jeannot for Cal Foote, c. 2025 1st round pick, 2024 2nd round pick, 2023 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Wanted him on NJ but not at that price....Regardless of what he brings he won't live up to that trade....Hope he gets healthy and gets going....

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Looks like a disastrous trade so far. Brisebois just couldn't help himself, he got validated the last 3 times he made this trade. To make this worth it, he needs to sign Jeannot to a cost-controlled contract and hope he turns it around. I really hope that injury isn't serious, it looked pretty bad.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Looks like a disastrous trade so far. Brisebois just couldn't help himself, he got validated the last 3 times he made this trade. To make this worth it, he needs to sign Jeannot to a cost-controlled contract and hope he turns it around. I really hope that injury isn't serious, it looked pretty bad.

I think people are missing that part of the return was for taking McDonagh last summer when Tampa really needed to unload him. Arguably the 2nd and 3rd round picks part of the return was for that. Just like the give and take between Yzerman and Armstrong in St. Louis where Yzerman sent them a retained Vrana for fre as a TY for the Leddy and Fabbri trades. GMs usually try to cultivate these relationships especially if their teams are in opposite conferences, comes in very handy to have someone on the short list if you're Tampa trying to keep your window open while needing to navigate the cap game after game

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think people are missing that part of the return was for taking McDonagh last summer when Tampa really needed to unload him. Arguably the 2nd and 3rd round picks part of the return was for that. Just like the give and take between Yzerman and Armstrong in St. Louis where Yzerman sent them a retained Vrana for fre as a TY for the Leddy and Fabbri trades. GMs usually try to cultivate these relationships especially if their teams are in opposite conferences, comes in very handy to have someone on the short list if you're Tampa trying to keep your window open while needing to navigate the cap game after game

Why would there be any continuity between those two trades? The McDonagh dump worked well for Nashville since they got a great player back for nothing. Tampa didn’t owe Nashville anything in addition.

Jeannot could have been/could be a unique Tom Wilson style asset. Hasn’t worked out this year and he’s now hurt but that’s the reason why a premium was paid. Cause he can be a special power forward with 30+ goal ability. One thing I don’t like about him is he’s already 25 and the primes of power forwards is often unpredictable. If he was a rookie coming in at 20 or something last year and had the scoring season he had, this trade would have been a really good one for Tampa.

Reactions: OG Eberle

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Why would there be any continuity between those two trades? The McDonagh dump worked well for Nashville since they got a great player back for nothing. Tampa didn’t owe Nashville anything in addition.

Jeannot could have been/could be a unique Tom Wilson style asset. Hasn’t worked out this year and he’s now hurt but that’s the reason why a premium was paid. Cause he can be a special power forward with 30+ goal ability. One thing I don’t like about him is he’s already 25 and the primes of power forwards is often unpredictable. If he was a rookie coming in at 20 or something last year and had the scoring season he had, this trade would have been a really good one for Tampa.
The next Tom Wilson or the next David Clarkson/Ryane Clowe

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Many were critical of the Hagel acquisition, as they felt the Bolts had grossly overpaid

Hagel then went on to score 4 goals, and just 7 points in hist first 22 regular season games with Tampa, before registering just 2 goals, 6 points in 24 playoffs games

That was last year

This year Hagel has 28 goals, 61 points in 78 games with the Lightning

Maybe the Jeannot trade will look much better in the years to come than it does at the moment

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Many were critical of the Hagel acquisition, as they felt the Bolts had grossly overpaid

Hagel then went on to score 4 goals, and just 7 points in hist first 22 regular season games with Tampa, before registering just 2 goals, 6 points in 24 playoffs games

That was last year

Maybe the Jeannot trade will look much better in the years to come than it does at the moment
Is Jeannot going to be playing with Point and Kucherov next year too? I personally don't see that as evidence of Hagel's effectiveness when his linemates have 30-50 more points than him.

• Haha
Reactions: Leafshater67

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I'm actually really curious about the next contract Jeannot signs. It seems like Tampa spent so much for him because they assume he'll sign cheap long-term and he probably will. Certainly shouldn't have much leverage based on his stats this year. But if I'm his agent, I'm trying to use the acquisition cost as a way to prop up his value. This isn't like Hagel who was already locked in long-term.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021

That was last year

For that last sentence. Or worse.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The chances of any of these picks even playing a game for Nashville, let alone make an impact within 3 years are slim.

The injury is very concerning but he has plenty of time to find his game before the rest of the trade plays out.

There's also the possibility that TB trades Jeannot down the road to recoup some assets. Judging this trade now is moronic considering it hinges on 5 futures.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

That was last year

True.

Though, imo it's fairly clear the Bolts management made that trade more so for the short term impact than the longer term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad