Confirmed Trade: [TBL/MTL] Nesterov to MTL for Racine and 6th 2017

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
The Gudas trade was a completely different situation. He was injured and basically a good throw in as TB was looking for help for playoffs.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Scouting report...''aggressive'' defender:

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/9028

I like the fact that he already has 26 playoff games (and is only 23yrs young). He played 10-12minutes/game during the Stanley Cup Finals for Tampa?? I'm hoping he has chemistry with a healthy-Markov (or Emelin? or anyone else!?)...and if Nesterov can play on the RIGHT SIDE...that would be a bonus...can he play on the RIGHT side?! And, he recently got 6pts in his last 8 games with Tampa...was he a forward or dman when he got these points?! Thanks.

Cheers

Playoffs:
Emelin - Weber
Beaulieu - Petry
Markov - Pateryn/Nesterov
Nesterov
Redmond

Last edited:

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Pateryn is much better defensively. Nesterov should be the 7th for now in the hope his hockey IQ gets better.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Pateryn is much better defensively. Nesterov should be the 7th for now in the hope his hockey IQ gets better.

Pateryn is tall/big/tough/rugged...good for protecting our goalies...good shot, but...I thought he still can improve (at times) his defensive game.

Nesterov has 26 playoff games and CUP Finals' games, so that's good for playoff experience, but Pateryn is also due for many playoff games...he's very gritty, so he could be a good/tough #6 playoff dman.

Last edited:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
We got rid of Barberio in part because of Nesterov and now have gotten rid of Nesterov. And we suck. So yeah.

HabsFan1994

Feb 1, 2017
Pateryn is tall/big/tough/rugged...good for protecting our goalies...good shot, but...I thought he still can improve (at times) his defensive game.

Nesterov has 26 playoff games and CUP Finals' games, so that's good for playoff experience, but Pateryn is also due for many playoff games...he's very gritty, so he could be a good/tough #6 playoff dman.

Coach Therrien seems to hold a grudge against Pateryn (for whatever unknown reasons), so I see Nesterov become a regular on the right of the 3rd pair...

...until he makes a major mistake leading to a goal. Then Pateryn will take his spot on the right of the 3rd pair...

...until he makes a major mistake leading to a goal. Then Nesterov will...

The Therrien loop at its finest.

ginovegas

Dec 15, 2009
Montreal

Pateryn is big and tall thats about it, if he was tough and rugged we wouldn't be discussing his status right mow

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Pateryn is big and tall thats about it, if he was tough and rugged we wouldn't be discussing his status right mow

Pateryn is very steady. He does everything perfectly fine. He steps up well, he has a cannon and shoots a lot. He makes the odd mistake but it's no more than anyone else on the D core. He's a perfect number 6.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I liked this trade for Montreal the moment they made it, but 1 goal doesn't really cement anything.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
That's true, but his partner Markov plays like a number 1. It makes things easier

Markov is still a number 1.

I cant believe how he gets underrated around here. Dude never gets mention in the top-20 dman in the league. He was better than Weber before his injury.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

Since Nesterov can play wing what I really want to see even if it's just for one game:

Nesterov - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Markov - Emelin

A Russian 5! When was the last time that was done? Detroit I assume?

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Markov is still a number 1.

I cant believe how he gets underrated around here. Dude never gets mention in the top-20 dman in the league. He was better than Weber before his injury.

Thats debatable. Skills and IQ still top nutch but he has slow the beat. Nesterov is a great partner because his fast and have more energy to spend. Using Markov the way we actually do is perfect. I wish that Nesterov can become an effective hitter and shot blocker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad