Waived: Taylor Pyatt - Claimed By Pitt 1/2

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So why are you here? Go watch Chicago and Pit..

Unfortunately, I'm stuck here being a Rangers fan. Or am I not allowed to criticize players or management because of that? Am I only allowed to actually believe the ******** that Sather tells the media every summer about how this is the year?

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Unfortunately, I'm stuck here being a Rangers fan. Or am I not allowed to criticize players or management because of that? Am I only allowed to actually believe the ******** that Sather tells the media every summer about how this is the year?

Depends what you want to watch. If you want to watch a team that looks more like the Eastern Conference all star team zip up and down the ice watch the Penguins. If you want to watch a team that blocks shots, pays the price and will do anything to win the hockey game go rent the 94' championship DVD set or watch 2012 NYR highlights

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Depends what you want to watch. If you want to watch a team that looks more like the Eastern Conference all star team zip up and down the ice watch the Penguins. If you want to watch a team that blocks shots, pays the price and will do anything to win the hockey game go rent the 94' championship DVD set or watch 2012 NYR

What if I want to watch a 2014 Rangers team that doesn't look like doodoo?

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Glad he'll get a chance to start over again elsewhere...

Happy to see the entire contract of Our books..

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
What if I want to watch a 2014 Rangers team that doesn't look like doodoo?

You would need to do the following:

Step 1. Create a time machine. Go back in time and tell Staal to wear a visor the day before his injury. He won't understand.. just make him do it

Then tell Callahan to stop breaking/tearing everything

Then tell Nash to stop getting cheapshotted and concussed

Then tell Girardi to maybe stop blocking PK Subban slapshots with his ankles

Then tell Stepan to not hold out on his contract for what will amount to be a miniscule amount of extra money. Tell him to attend camp, attend preseason, and not totally suck for 90% of the year up to this point

Step 2. Re-enter time machine and come back to the present

Step 3. Profit

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Step 1. Create a time machine. Go back in time and tell Staal to wear a visor the day before his injury. He won't understand.. just make him do it

Then tell Stepan to not hold out on his contract for what will amount to be a miniscule amount of extra money. Tell him to attend camp, attend preseason, and not totally suck for 90% of the year up to this point

Step 3. Profit

If I had a time machine I would just use my hindsight turned foresight to get rich and buy the Rangers. Then hire competent management and profit.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Step 3. Profit

Tanking sounds easier than this.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
Good riddance. Anyone who thinks this was a mistake, or that he'll be productive on the penguins is delusional.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm pissed he was claimed by the Pens.

I don't care if he sucks. I'd rather him chill in our press box than score one point for rival.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
This is NOT a positive. It will come back to bite us when we see Pyatt having success in Pittsburgh. They have UNREAL luck. This will work out for them.

Claim the next guy they waive.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
This is NOT a positive. It will come back to bite us when we see Pyatt having success in Pittsburgh. They have UNREAL luck. This will work out for them.

Claim the next guy they waive.

Its not about luck. Its about installing players into the lineup that:

1. have a clear role and purpose
2. get to play with the Pittsburgh core, which contains better players than most of the league

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
This is mean

So Pyatt joins asham and powe on 1 way deals in minors . Highly doubt he's claimed
I bet he'll clear :p
He'll probably clear.
I would (be surprised if he is claimed). He hasn't looked like an engaged player in a long time. Certainly not in his tenure here. A team desperate for some bottom-6th depth, maybe, but it seems teams are bringing up their kids to fill those roles. (Except the Rangers. :laugh:)
He'll clear unfortunately.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him clear but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him claimed. 50/50 I'd say.
Really? I was thinking more along the lines of 98/2.
195 day season. Today is day 93. $925,000 counts. Pro-rate the $625,000. $298,077. $1,223,077 is the total cap charge assuming Pyatt is assigned to the AHL and remains there. Rangers would save $326,923 sending Pyatt to the AHL. Not much.
Pyatt is making $1.65M in salary. Another team is not claiming him. Nearly $900,000 for the rest of the season. $863,076.
Ahem...

Wolfy*

I knew this would happen. Pyatt got size, and tons of experience, he's a decent bottom line player. Another one of Slats stupid moves.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
whaaaaat? Kunitz was already good in Anaheim. 1B/2A winger. Neal was awesome in Dallas. that trade pissed me off so much. I thought he was untouchable but I guess Dallas only has room for one power forward. Golgo sucks. they even sent Niskanen with him too. he was a 1B power forward and obviously a 1A power forward when playing with elite talent.

Kunitz was never a 1st liner. Sorry. He was a guy who hit 60 points (exactly) once in Anaheim. Kunitz was a 2nd liner through and through. Only in his 33/34 year old seasons has he put up 1st liner numbers. Mainly because of who he is playing with.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Struck gold is right. Look at Tampa, Florida, NYI, Edmonton, Ottawa. Teams that have lost for entire generations. It's no guarantee

Nothing is guaranteed, but empirical evidence would indicate that what we've been doing for the last 74 years isn't working so well. Maybe it's time to try something different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad