Waived: Taylor Pyatt - Claimed By Pitt 1/2

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
This is NOT a positive. It will come back to bite us when we see Pyatt having success in Pittsburgh. They have UNREAL luck. This will work out for them.

Claim the next guy they waive.

Probably doesn't work both ways / Rangers being a not so lucky team. If he grabs his biannual assist against us is not the end of the world. Better think of all the assist he never made and will not continue to fail to make for us. Good luck to him though.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
:laugh: so what if Pyatt scores the game winner tomorrow night or if he gets lucky a hat trick??

If that happens I will eat crow. I just cant imagine a circumstance where he can possibly do anything productive, unless they pair him up with crosby. Which would be very strange.

MSD

Jan 1, 2014
We need a GM who gives a damn and is awake and active, not a mummy. As long as Dolan is in charge it will be an uphill battle.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Probably doesn't work both ways / Rangers being a not so lucky team. If he grabs his biannual assist against us is not the end of the world. Better think of all the assist he never made and will not continue to fail to make for us. Good luck to him though.

The Rangers have been a relatively unsuccessful franchise for 8 decades for a ton of reasons -- being unlucky is not one of them.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
he at least knows how to win a fight.. he would be the toughest player on the Rangers at the moment... he at least does not get his ass kicked like when we watch Brian Boyle (all the time) or Dorsett (most of the time) fight :help:

You're so obsessed with fighting. It's amusing.

That's all I want to say. Both statements are facts. None meant to be insulting. You're obsessed. I'm amused.

You're one of the several guys on here where I can read a post and instantly know who's writing it without checking the user name, lol.

And to be clear I'm not on some completely opposite side of the spectrum. I'm not against fighting. I wish we were a bit tougher to play against. I really do. It's just not my current primary concern.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Can't read the thread because my phone is being wonky, but I can't be the only person to think that Pyatt is gonna go off now because it's Pittsburgh.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Yeah! I love being a Ranger fan and always rooting for a mediocre team! No elite talent, no deep playoff runs. Really ****ing exciting!!!

Because we never do a full rebuild. Instead of tanking for 3 years while selling off all players 28+, we always just to rebuild on the fly, which is good enough to become a borderline playoff team, but unfortunately not so much to become a contender.

If we didn't stumble upon Lundqvist by accident, we would've made the playoffs maybe twice since 1997.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Can't wait until Pyatt burns us with an OT winner or something.

Whatever, did not like. But - A loss of lineup depth IMHO.

Good luck to him, er... not really.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Unless some type of move is made to replace the cap space he had, this is nothing but a negative as we handed a rival team, a team 20 points better than us, some depth while hurting our own.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Maybe he was proud because the Rangers were actually trying to win then.

In my mind, thats sadder than any tanking.

When we failed to make the playoffs in 1998 and were on the way to not making it in 1999, we should've began our rebuild. This isn't just something I'm saying now, I was screaming about it every single season from 1999 to 2004 on the AOL Rangers board.

Graves, Stevens, MacLean, Tikkanen, Leetch, Schneider, Samuelson and Beukeboom could've brought us very significant value back. I have no doubt that they would bring back 8-10 first round pick or similar quality prospects, plus some later picks as well.

Within a couple of years, we'd have a very good team with guys like Savard, Nedved, Kovalev and Knuble surrounded by a very nice group of rookies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I actually think that most of this board would be fine with the team in the cellar if we knew that was the plan and that's what was expected. Fans are capable of seeing the end game in a long-term plan. The problem is two-fold: a.) we don't trust management to stick with it/execute properly and b.) that isn't the expectation of this particular team.

Yeah, I think that if we failed to make the playoffs, but got a young star with the first overall pick, we'd be happier than failing the playoffs and getting the 13th overall pick or even making the playoffs and getting knocked out of the first round, then winding up with the #20 overall selection. Either way you are disappointed, but with the first overall pick, you at least have hope for the future.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Pyatt was actually half decent in the PO's last season. Maybe this move sparks him a little, its not like he's a bad guy that doesnt deserve a reboot.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
Pyatt was actually half decent in the PO's last season. Maybe this move sparks him a little, its not like he's a bad guy that doesnt deserve a reboot.

I cant say I want this reboot to work with him considering Penguins and Division and Ex-Ranger luck and all that, but

I dont think a reboot saves a broken computer.

Its been a pretty straightforward downward trend the last couple years. Since 2006 (when he was paired with the Sedins in vancouver) his point totals:
23+14=37
16+21=37
10+9=19
(moves to phoenix)
12+11=23
18+13=27
9+10=19

At this point the coyotes realize they don't have a player who can score 40 points and get rid of him.

48 games with the rangers last season, 11 points ~ 20 in a full year. And now he has 1 point in 20 games and sat out the other 20. Its not working out with him here. Even if he scores a goal against us, it will be one of the few of the rest of his career.

We need people on this team at the bottom who have proven they can put up 30 points every year.

*Bob Richards*

Inb4 he scores twice tomorrow only to be scratched within the next ten games.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
When we failed to make the playoffs in 1998 and were on the way to not making it in 1999, we should've began our rebuild. This isn't just something I'm saying now, I was screaming about it every single season from 1999 to 2004 on the AOL Rangers board.

Graves, Stevens, MacLean, Tikkanen, Leetch, Schneider, Samuelson and Beukeboom could've brought us very significant value back. I have no doubt that they would bring back 8-10 first round pick or similar quality prospects, plus some later picks as well.

Within a couple of years, we'd have a very good team with guys like Savard, Nedved, Kovalev and Knuble surrounded by a very nice group of rookies.

The '99 draft was a disaster, possibly the worst ever.

Smith did do a bit of a half-assed attempt at a rebuild, acquiring the 4th and 9th overall picks. Look how far Brendl and Lundmark got us.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'm not suggesting that they unearthed talent. But they did make shrewd moves to add those two guys as they had the prospects to get those deals done.

Not to mention they've added complimentary players like Neal, Dupuis and Kunitz who not only have excellent chemistry with Crosby and Malkin, but took discounts to remain in Pittsburgh. They've built around their elite talent and it shows each year when they remain at the top of the standings.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Happy for Taylor Pyatt that he's got a new chance at an NHL gig. Best of luck to him, and all the husbands in the greater Pittsburgh area :naughty:

Except against the Rangers, then he can suck it.

Not surprised he got claimed either. He was just terrible here for the Rangers though. Maybe it's just a change of scenery thing. Hell, if Crosby can get people talking about putting KUNITZ on the Canadian Olympic team :facepalm:

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Thank god he's gone.

I'm actually glad he's in Pitt. If he went elsewhere, I wouldn't be able to hate him so easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad