Taylor Hall's point streak ends at 26 games.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I just don’t understand how you trade Hall for Larsson. Larsson is a very good at what he does but Taylor Hall has always been an elite winger capable of driving his line.

He kind of got the blame in the media for the Oilers failures just like Kessel did in Toronto.

Leafs had no choice but to trade Kessel and tank. Oilers already had McDavid. All they needed was patience.

Nothing against Larsson but you can find 5 Larsson’s before you luck into a guy like Taylor Hall via the draft or trade.

I’m patiently waiting for Chiarelli’s next big trade. Either he redeems himself of the mistakes he’s made in the last two years or he’s gone.

Kind of like Subban in Montreal. When teams don't play well, the media in Canada rips apart the players. This year in Montreal, it was leaked that Chucky had a substance abuse issue... then the Montreal Gazette tracked down Price's wife to ask if they were getting a divorce. It's INSANE how they can't leave these guys alone and let them play hockey.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I just don’t understand how you trade Hall for Larsson. Larsson is a very good at what he does but Taylor Hall has always been an elite winger capable of driving his line.

He kind of got the blame in the media for the Oilers failures just like Kessel did in Toronto.

Leafs had no choice but to trade Kessel and tank. Oilers already had McDavid. All they needed was patience.

Nothing against Larsson but you can find 5 Larsson’s before you luck into a guy like Taylor Hall via the draft or trade.

I’m patiently waiting for Chiarelli’s next big trade. Either he redeems himself of the mistakes he’s made in the last two years or he’s gone.

Devils replaced Larsson with Vats who they traded Henrique, Vats just had a 4 point weekend and is looking good logging those 1st pair minutes.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
OP, I support you and your title. The title is odd for a reason, to shed light on the odd point streak rule set by the NHL. Injuries negate point streaks. I understood immediately. No need to edit your title.

It makes me wonder why the NHL has this rule at all. Point streaks ought to be worthless trivia for fans to obsess over. Why the NHL cares enough to make a rule about them is beyond me. They change absolutely nothing as far as the players stat sheet is concerned.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
OP, I support you and your title. The title is odd for a reason, to shed light on the odd point streak rule set by the NHL. Injuries negate point streaks. I understood immediately. No need to edit your title.

It makes me wonder why the NHL has this rule at all. Point streaks ought to be worthless trivia for fans to obsess over. Why the NHL cares enough to make a rule about them is beyond me. They change absolutely nothing as far as the players stat sheet is concerned.

yet the nhl app sent me a notice that "hall extended his point streak to 18 games with his OT goal against the hurricanes"

so which is it

11? 18? dont matter to me…. just keep rolling

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I try to watch as many NJ games as I can. They are fun to watch. But Hall is worth every single penny you spend on watching hockey each night. Guy is electric on the ice right now. So if anyone in this thread hasn't been watching NJ, tune in. You will get your money's worth.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Seeing the posts in this thread makes me realize how Eastern fans never watched the west and always thought Hall was a dud on the Oilers.
man there were tons of discussion in the oilers forum about Hall being a cancer and having a loser mentality thus needing to be traded asap. in his final year he was ripped to shreds by probably half the fanbase.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
man there were tons of discussion in the oilers forum about Hall being a cancer and having a loser mentality thus needing to be traded asap. in his final year he was ripped to shreds by probably half the fanbase.
Didn’t make him any less exciting most of the time. And I bet a change of scenery gave him a confidence boost as well.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Doubt it. Hall was really well liked, a few dumb posts doesn’t make up “half the fanbase”

Reactions: sepHF

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Seeing the posts in this thread makes me realize how Eastern fans never watched the west and always thought Hall was a dud on the Oilers.

nope never thought that ever

giphy.gif

Reactions: Blackjack

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Didn’t make him any less exciting most of the time. And I bet a change of scenery gave him a confidence boost as well.

Funny thing is the change of scenery was a real detriment last year for him, he definitely always seemed to be still in shock from the trade. Shero took him out to dinner over the summer and basically laid it all out on the table(no pun intended) of what he expects from Hall and that he needed to get over being traded. This is his team now, the guys in the locker room all love him too.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
If the car is only available for 100K then sometimes you have to overpay. I bet you don't watch the Oilers. I bet you don't see how much Adam Larsson means to their team. He means a lot more than his unspectacular possession numbers and inability to score 20 points. He definitely means more than a lazy locker room cancer like Hall.

I get why the Oilers need a player like Larsson. But they should have found a better way to try an add these things than by trading a player like Hall. I'm sure Pulujarvi or the pick the used to get him could have been used to get them a good defenseman.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I mean our fans definitely knew he was talented before the trade but we also figured he would never be available so we talked more about Eberle and RNH for a year + and trying to get them.

I also always figured it was the local media doing the Hall trashing more then the fans.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Reactions: FieldOfDreams

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
I wanted him fired since the day that trade went down. Check my post history, I've been beating on the fire chia drum since I joined.
My bad then, the majority of Oil fans on here act like 95% of the fanbase wasn’t shoving this garbage down our throats.

Things they deny now that they were saying all over the internet at a cancerous rate:
- Chia being a top 3 GM, should’ve won gm of the year
- Lucic is going to work out great
- Talbot is a top 5 G in the world
- Todd McLellan is an elite coach, much better than Babcock
- They would re-do the Hall trade 10/10 times

I’m probably forgetting a few.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
My bad then, the majority of Oil fans on here act like 95% of the fanbase wasn’t shoving this garbage down our throats.

Things they deny now that they were saying all over the internet at a cancerous rate:
- Chia being a top 3 GM, should’ve won gm of the year
- Lucic is going to work out great
- Talbot is a top 5 G in the world
- Todd McLellan is an elite coach, much better than Babcock
- They would re-do the Hall trade 10/10 times

I’m probably forgetting a few.
There was a sizable contingent of fans that called for Chia's head all offseason. Most fans knew the Lucic contract would be a disaster and only the biggest of kool-aid drinkers supported the Hall trade.

Reactions: Skippy73

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad