Taylor Hall's point streak ends at 26 games.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Point streak ended at 26, but his season will end at 82.

In seriousness, the Devils won just 12 of those games. How much more proof do you need that while he is talented, he's not a guy who gets the team what it actually needs; wins.

So wait, he puts up points up points in 26 straight games that he has played, yet he is the problem for the team not winning?

Do you realize how ignorant you sound?

Can't help it if they are stuck playing a back up goalie for a month and a half and that Schneider is a physically fragile goalie and a mentally weak one as well that is turning out to be an overrated over paid sieve that can't stop anything when the team needs him to.

Not his fault that the staff is f***ing stupid and uses Boyle and Zajac on the same PP unit for over a month and then keeps them on the PP, just on separate units and watches it flail around and be one of the worst ones in 2018.

Not his fault that Brad Marchand is a scumbag and knocked out one of our top 6 forwards for over 14 games and counting.

Not his fault this stupid ass staff runs 4 lines and all 3 d pairings like clock work when down a goal, which means Brian Boyle will be on the ice when down a goal in the dying minuets while trying to tie it up, that Lovejoy is on the ice when trying to tie it up.

Hall, Hischier and Vatanen, and recently Palmieri, have been the only ones doing anything during that streak to help him out.

The rest of the team has been inconsistent, and the coaching staff has made some piss poor choices during it as well, and the goaltending has been an even bigger roller coaster ride thanks to Schneider getting hurt once again, but sucking before and after the injury.

Last edited:

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Point streak ended at 26, but his season will end at 82.

In seriousness, the Devils won just 12 of those games. How much more proof do you need that while he is talented, he's not a guy who gets the team what it actually needs; wins.

Nice sample size. In 63 games Hall has a pt in 47 of them. The devils are 29-15-3 in those games. Maybe try to use a larger sample before making baseless conclusions. Taylor is literally carrying a bad team on his shoulders. A bad team that misses players like Marcus Johansson and had missed their starting goalie for a good chunk of his streak. Perspective dude, get some.

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
It's kinda cute how personal you guys take this. The point made was that Taylor Hall's success has never equaled his NHL team's success. I really don't care what the rest of his team has or hasn't done. For everything Hall has done, no one around him has done the same. You can't win in the NHL by yourself. Hall doesn't make those around him better. This is why he was moved from Edmonton. It's a pretty simple concept. Take a breather and look at the big picture

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It's kinda cute how personal you guys take this. The point made was that Taylor Hall's success has never equaled his NHL team's success. I really don't care what the rest of his team has or hasn't done. For everything Hall has done, no one around him has done the same. You can't win in the NHL by yourself. Hall doesn't make those around him better. This is why he was moved from Edmonton. It's a pretty simple concept. Take a breather and look at the big picture
You have no clue what you're talking about. What an embarrassingly moronic post.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
You're a terrible poster. The Oilers sucked because we usually carried up to 10 pieces of dead weight on our rosters. Taylor Hall was often one of the few reasons the team won any games at all.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL

It's a team sport. Individuals can do their job while their teams under perform. Just look at McDavid in Edmonton

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Mere inches from continuing the streak, I thought he had an assist on the goal as well.

LOL at loser jets fans like you trying to make this thread about them... no one cares. This is a taylor hall thread. Theres one for Laine right above it, do yourself a favor and stay there. You guys sucked last night.

Play like you did yesterday, and enjoy a first round sweep.

Now that was a proper, mature response. Bravo :eek:

Reactions: Uncle Bob

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

You don't care about how the rest of the team has done, yet you link the team's failure to Taylor Hall?

Uh huh.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
You realize the Devils have 6 more points now than they did all of last season right? Hall having suitable linemates for the first time in a long time has caused the team to be better. In the last 26 games, Hall has been one of the only reasons they've won many games at all.

Hall makes his team better, he makes those around him better.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
The fact that Edmonton is crap has little to do with Taylor Hall.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

Less typing, more watching.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The point made was that Conor McDavid's success has never equaled his NHL team's success. I really don't care what the rest of his team has or hasn't done. For everything McDavid has done, no one around him has done the same. You can't win in the NHL by yourself. McDavid doesn't make those around him better. This is why he should be moved from Edmonton. It's a pretty simple concept. Take a breather and look at the big picture.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
You're a terrible poster. The Oilers sucked because we usually carried up to 10 pieces of dead weight on our rosters. Taylor Hall was often one of the few reasons the team won any games at all.

Our top pairing for most of his years in Edmonton was Ference-Schultz.....

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
The point made was that Conor McDavid's success has never equaled his NHL team's success. I really don't care what the rest of his team has or hasn't done. For everything McDavid has done, no one around him has done the same. You can't win in the NHL by yourself. McDavid doesn't make those around him better. This is why he should be moved from Edmonton. It's a pretty simple concept. Take a breather and look at the big picture.
Posts like the one you imitate boggles my mind. I don't understand how one can spend years watching a lot of hockey, which I assume all of us here have done, and still not understand that it's a team game.

Reactions: Blender

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
After his streak ended he went cold for about 3 games, and has now put together another 6 game point streak with 10 points in that span. He's willing the Devils into the playoffs. If Colorado misses, I don't see how he isn't the favorite for the Hart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad