Taylor Hall's point streak ends at 26 games.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
"Taylor Hall has points in the last 15 games he has played in"

He does.. but he also has an 8 game point streak! I didn't want to leave that part out..

I tried to make a title that reflected the facts as reported by the NHL PR. He only has points in 8 straight games despite having points in 15 straight games!

Reactions: Garthinater

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Strange stat line, similar I suppose to how point streaks don't carry between seasons
Very impressive by him though :handclap:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Lol it's so stupid, even worse that they tweeted that out.

"Taylor Hall extends point streak to 8 games. Also, he has a 15 game point streak."

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Poorly worded title and tweet.

Could have just said that Hall extended his point streak to 15 games including points in the last 8 NJ games.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
Poorly worded title and tweet.

Could have just said that Hall extended his point streak to 15 games including points in the last 8 NJ games.

I mean the title purposely reflected the tweet but your statement is incorrect. Hall doesn't have a point streak of 15 games.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I imagine oiler fans still feel like they won the trade

They made the playoffs. They had the most regular season points they had in a single season since the 80s. They needed a big, physical shutdown defenseman like Larsson.

The Oilers don't get pushed around anymore, bro. If they still had Hall instead of Larsson they would probably be getting bullied and pushed around.

Reactions: Claxton

ijuka

May 14, 2016
They made the playoffs. They had the most regular season points they had in a single season since the 80s. They needed a big, physical shutdown defenseman like Larsson.

The Oilers don't get pushed around anymore, bro. If they still had Hall instead of Larsson they would probably be getting bullied and pushed around.
You don't trade away an asset several times more valuable just to fill a need.

That's like buying a car worth 10k for 100k. You needed the car, but that doesn't mean you made a good deal.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You don't trade away an asset several times more valuable just to fill a need.

That's like buying a car worth 10k for 100k. You needed the car, but that doesn't mean you made a good deal.

If the car is only available for 100K then sometimes you have to overpay. I bet you don't watch the Oilers. I bet you don't see how much Adam Larsson means to their team. He means a lot more than his unspectacular possession numbers and inability to score 20 points. He definitely means more than a lazy locker room cancer like Hall.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I mean the title purposely reflected the tweet but your statement is incorrect. Hall doesn't have a point streak of 15 games.
This is not true.

According to the NHL it is not a 15-game point streak. However Taylor Hall has a 15-game point streak because he doesn’t count as playing a game when he is injured, thus his last 15 game he has recorded points.

An example would be Mario Lemieux and Connor McDavid: both have tremendous records for x amount of games without going pointless in three straight. Yet both missed many games due to injuries. (Btw McDavid’s was in the 170-180s and Lemieux’s was around 11 seasons!!)

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
This is not true.

According to the NHL it is not a 15-game point streak. However Taylor Hall has a 15-game point streak because he doesn’t count as playing a game when he is injured, thus his last 15 game he has recorded points.

An example would be Mario Lemieux and Connor McDavid: both have tremendous records for x amount of games without going pointless in three straight. Yet both missed many games due to injuries. (Btw McDavid’s was in the 170-180s and Lemieux’s was around 11 seasons!!)

The NHL thinks otherwise and unfortunately, it's kinda up to them, isn't it?

But sure, I could amend that post to say that the NHL does not believe he has a 15 game point streak.. hence the point of the thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad