Taylor Hall's point streak ends at 26 games.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
They made the playoffs. They had the most regular season points they had in a single season since the 80s. They needed a big, physical shutdown defenseman like Larsson.

The Oilers don't get pushed around anymore, bro. If they still had Hall instead of Larsson they would probably be getting bullied and pushed around.
When were you in a locker room with Taylor Hall?

Reactions: crossbownerf

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
Hall's point streak now at 16/9 games.

oh NHL..

Last edited:

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah, it's one of those weird things where the NHL only counts 'streaks' if they occur in the actual team's games -- so, missed games means your streak is over.

I think Gretzky's famous 51-game point streak was actually 60-some if you go back to the end of the previous season. And Neely would have a 50-in-50 goals season if not for injuries... Jari Kurri, also, I think, in 1984-85.

But I can also see it from the NHL's/RuleBook perspective. If it starts to be a thing where a player plays 8 games, then misses 30, then plays 25, then misses 20, etc. -- is it really a streak if he scored in all his games? I dunno. So I can understand their logic.

But I agree that it should still count as a 'streak' if the games all occur in one, single season, regardless of a player's missing games to injury. So, I'll personally give Hall his 16 games...

Hall is a great winger and the Oilers certainly could have used his offence this season. But that trade was obviously not made in a "1-for-1" mentality -- it was a trade to begin changing the Oilers' team culture. Last year, it appeared to have worked well (team went from 25th defensively to 8th when Hall left); this year, not so much. But I would never decide that a trade was "won" or "lost" only a year or two after it was made, especially when it involves two young-ish players who might have 8-10 good years left.

Reactions: HischierSeDgewOrk

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Taylor Hall is not the guy you ship out to make a culture change.

Edmonton absolutely should have gotten some picks or some extra prospects out of this trade. He could have gotten more either from NJ or somewhere else if he absolutely had to trade Hall.

He let Shero work him.

Reactions: glenwo2

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I could be completely wrong... but I thought I remembered a story coming out where the Devils were discussing a Nugent Hopkins for Severson trade and PC asked about Larsson and Shero said in that case you can have Larsson but now we want Hall or something.

Also whoever posted the rumor about his meeting after last season is 100% correct. Everyone here talks about it openly (Shero and Hall). They went out to dinner for like four hours and Shero told him he had a year to get over the shock of being traded and adjusting to a new home but now he had to take ownership of it, settle in, and become a leader and commit himself to the Devils or he can be moved somewhere else...... and WOW has he become an amazing player

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I could be completely wrong... but I thought I remembered a story coming out where the Devils were discussing a Nugent Hopkins for Severson trade and PC asked about Larsson and Shero said in that case you can have Larsson but now we want Hall or something.

Also whoever posted the rumor about his meeting after last season is 100% correct. Everyone here talks about it openly (Shero and Hall). They went out to dinner for like four hours and Shero told him he had a year to get over the shock of being traded and adjusting to a new home but now he had to take ownership of it, settle in, and become a leader and commit himself to the Devils or he can be moved somewhere else...... and WOW has he become an amazing player

I don't think that dinner was ever a rumor. Shero did a whole interview where he was very open about it back in October.

He talked about how his first year was for grieving being traded and he understood that, but now it was time to move past that and show the league he was the playoff player the Devils believed him to be.

Hynes talked about it too.

Now you got Hall talking about how he sees NJ as home and his mom loving how the team has treated him

I think the RNH for Severson was only HF fan proposals . Devil board figured he was the one available along with Eberle. Hall was assumed off limits

Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
qrWz3Ll.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad