Speculation: Taylor Hall scratched Friday and Saturday - trade imminent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
Seems like a solid strategy.
It is, Gms aren't giving us value for a guy who's missed 6 straight breakaways, our best chance to gain value on our team is with winning the 1st, luckily Halls teams won the first almost every year of his career.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
What / who would be added if Bahl is the main piece ? Any chance of Raanta still or is that too much to give up ?
If Bahl is the main piece Shero should be fired. A 2020 1st is more valuable than Bahl so any return with Bahl better look like this:
2020 1st + Bahl + Raanta +2021 3rd (that becomes a 1st if hall re-signs).

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
It would get Shero fired .
If it didn’t , it would set him up as the stingiest stubborn GM there is and would set the team bs I even further
sounds like someone is unaware of what Halls career record is when it comes to winning the lottery draft, you really think getting Alexis Lafrenchy would set us back?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
if you are unaware that Halls teams have won the lottery more times then they haven't through out his career then sure it's poor asset management.

Except that without an extension, Hall won't have a team this summer and will therefore not be providing his generational lotto skills.

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
Except that without an extension, Hall won't have a team this summer and will therefore not be providing his generational lotto skills.
Fair point but there is not enough evidence that Hall has to be signed to the team, it could just require him to end the season on the team, it could just be the last team he's played for.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Posted in Devs forum:

Per Hockey Night Hotstove: Coyotes the front runner. Believed their top 2 prospects are NOT part of the offer. Hanging over Bahl. Believed Coyotes were the first to make a formal offer, and Devils have tried to up it with other teams and struggled. They have not given any teams permission to speak with Hall.

When this return inevitably comes back weak, this is all we need to look back on. The Yotes are apparently haggling over Bahl, who's what, maybe their third best prospect in the system depending on your feelings, and the Devils can't get anyone to top the offer. Seriously tells you where Hall's market value is.

I thought the Coyotes too. Anyway, as an Avs fan I am glad the speculation has shifted to that franchise. Now their fans have to deal with the speculation instead of our fan base. Hall is a fine player but I don't believe he would be the best fit to address the Avs needs.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Well looks like all the other teams are as willing as Avs fans when it comes to giving up their top prospects for a rental.
But I guess in the end Chayka will crack and put Bahl on the table and win the Hall sweepstakes.
Will be interesting to see whether that happens before the start of the WJC given that the Hotstove guys have made it seem like scratching him was a negotiation ploy by Shero more than anything else. Bahls performance in that tournament certainly could let it swing one way or the other...

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Ya I’m thinking now it’s just a move by Shero to up the offers and nothing really that close .
Very frustrating but at least he is trying for the best possible return

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Income tax free state might think they’ve got a leg up on signing him to an 8 year deal

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Dallas are a cup contender but i think are a half step below Boston, washington, colorado and St Louis when all teams are playing at their best.

Dallas is also old so may be their last year for a while to be a genuine contender (Benn, ,Radulov,Bishop, Pavelski all well into mid 30s)..

If they want to be considered a cup contender deep in the playoffs this year they need another scorer. Going all in and adding Hall makes sense for the right deal.

Makes sense, just not sure how we make a better deal than arizona..

Reactions: decaguard

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Dallas are a cup contender but i think are a half step below Boston, washington, colorado and St Louis when all teams are playing at their best.

Dallas is also old so may be their last year for a while to be a genuine contender (Benn, ,Radulov,Bishop, Pavelski all well into mid 30s)..

If they want to be considered a cup contender deep in the playoffs this year they need another scorer. Going all in and adding Hall makes sense for the right deal.

Makes sense, just not sure how we make a better deal than arizona..

Pretty simple. Put Harley on the table and you probably get him. Might not even have to add much else to get it done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad