Speculation: Taylor Hall scratched Friday and Saturday - trade imminent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
If the Sharks could make the dollars work for this season (unlikely) they would be a good fit. Reunite Hall with his junior coach and they should be able to extend him as they have quite a bit of UFA money coming off the cap with M.Karlsson, Thornton, Marleau, Dillon, Heed and Dell coming off the books.

Even all of those contracts combined will not equal what Hall is gonna get in UFA and then you gotta replace all those roster players with other players so no, the Sharks are about one of the worst fits in the entire league.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Posted in Devs forum:

Per Hockey Night Hotstove: Coyotes the front runner. Believed their top 2 prospects are NOT part of the offer. Hanging over Bahl. Believed Coyotes were the first to make a formal offer, and Devils have tried to up it with other teams and struggled. They have not given any teams permission to speak with Hall.

When this return inevitably comes back weak, this is all we need to look back on. The Yotes are apparently haggling over Bahl, who's what, maybe their third best prospect in the system depending on your feelings, and the Devils can't get anyone to top the offer. Seriously tells you where Hall's market value is.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kevin Bahl is a great prospect.
As an Avs fan in glad Az seems to be in the lead. In order for the Avs to top that offer they’d have to include Timmins which I wouldn’t be okay with.

Bahl ++ is a good offer for NJ. They should be pleased. AZ should also be pleased to get a star forward. Get this over with!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
No permission to speak to hall makes me think no team is gonna offer you top tier stuff.
Yeah it’s pretty obvious that Shero knows he isn’t extending in season or else he’d be dumb not to allow teams to speak to him since it would better the offers coming in. He’d rather teams acquiring thinking perhaps there’s a small chance. If they talk to him they’ll realize there’s 0 chance.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Kevin Bahl is a great prospect.
As an Avs fan in glad Az seems to be in the lead. In order for the Avs to top that offer they’d have to include Timmins which I wouldn’t be okay with.

Bahl ++ is a good offer for NJ. They should be pleased. AZ should also be pleased to get a star forward. Get this over with!

Depends on what the + is, but if it is around what I thought it was going to be earlier in the thread, I have no cause to be upset by the return. Rentals are rentals.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hall has no control whether AZ trades for him. He does control whether he decides to sign with them. He’s been with Edm and NJ.
Does he look at the AZ roster less what they give up to acquire him as a legit contending team over the next 4-5 seasons while he’s still in his prime?

he’s going to be well paid. He will have made $45 million or so through a decade in the nhl. Expect him to secure a Skinner to Seguin type cap hit.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If no trade announced tonight I’m feeling like this was just Shero trying Jedi mind tricks to drive up value .
It’s looking like the return might be very underwhelming if Shero is resulting to that .
Screw you GMs for doing your jobs well and not pulling a McPhee Forsberg trade

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Apparently SportsNet had a segment and it was mentioned Arizona has made an offer and it will not involve Hayton or Soderberg.

Defenseman Bahl would be the best prospect going back

Makes you wonder what else is involved because Arizona needs cap relief and Bahl is not nearly enough, even though he seems like a perfect fit for NJ

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If they get Bahl and a first for Hall thats a way better return than the sens got for Stone and he extended.

Bahl is a good prospect. Incredible mobility for 6'7 has a real mean streak and moves the puck really well.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I mentioned Bahl in the other thread.

Zac Urback who is analytics consultant in the OHL commented on a post in Twitter about Bahl and his defensive analytics being stellar.

Arizona is highly involved analytics team so it makes sense.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I have not watched Bahl at all .
All I have seen is doing 20 minutes of reading prospect websites.
Doesn’t really get me pumped up if he is the main piece coming back.
Big defensive defence man projected to max out as a second paring D ....
Anyone that watches him have any more to say regarding him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad