Speculation: Taylor Hall - Contract discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Could the Avs and Devils work something out around the following?

Hall + Greene for Zadorov + Newhook + Greer + Avs 1st

Beetlebum

Oct 14, 2017
He is a fraud, trade him. Doesn't stack up with some of the elite wingers this franchise has had.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Abramov and Davidson are worth very little. A mid 1st and Brendan Lemieux isn't much. Taylor Hall isn't in his prime.

It is extremely unlikely that Colorado would offer Byram without getting a significant prospect from NJ back. Like, Ty Smith big. They used a 4th overall pick on him a year ago. Even if they got Hall signed long-term, which I'm not sure they could do or would do, I don't think Colorado trades them Byram.

Taylor Hall isn't in his prime? He's 27 years old and producing at a 90-100 point pace the last 2 seasons, the best in his career by far. I'm not saying we should expect to get a top 10 prospect in hockey, but it's crazy the way some here devalue their own assets.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
they’re not adding picks along with the best defensive prospect in the nhl to get a few months of a guy who played less than half a season last year, fresh off of knee surgery
They are adding picks if they’re getting one of the best wingers in the game that has won an MVP just two seasons ago.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It is extremely unlikely that Colorado would offer Byram without getting a significant prospect from NJ back. Like, Ty Smith big. They used a 4th overall pick on him a year ago. Even if they got Hall signed long-term, which I'm not sure they could do or would do, I don't think Colorado trades them Byram.

As an Av fan I think this is most likely true. The Avs aren't in a position to give up Byram after trading Barrie and it's taken them about 14 years to build a decent blue line. They'd need to structure a deal without Byram.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Taylor Hall isn't in his prime? He's 27 years old and producing at a 90-100 point pace the last 2 seasons, the best in his career by far. I'm not saying we should expect to get a top 10 prospect in hockey, but it's crazy the way some here devalue their own assets.

he turns 28 next week and chances are he is not in his prime anymore, no.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If that's what you think then we probably have very different views about Ty Smith's ceiling. I think he can be a #3, maybe a #2. I think Byram will be a #1.

Byram is the better prospect but not by enough that this deal makes sense. It still leaves us with only one high end D prospect on the left side, Hall is gone, and we didn’t get any 1st rounders either.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We all have eyes. We can see Hall doesn’t look like the same player as the one that won the mvp (which also may have been an outlier year for him). He isn’t as explosive, he isn’t controlling play like he did. Maybe that will come with time, but coming off knee surgery, it has to be something to think about.

And if we see it, professional scouts absolutely see it. Yeah a GM could ignore that and offer something stupid, but that isn’t highly likely for a rental.

Of course that doesn’t mean he has no value. He is putting up points at a very good rate still. He should return something good

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
OK, sure.

But we have a pretty good idea we won't be getting arguably the best prospect outside the NHL.

I agree, but I do think we have a chance to get a better-than-usual haul for Hall. The stars are kind of lining up on this one with the Avs missing two elite wingers and Tarasenko also being out you have two win-now clubs desperate for what we have, and you have all the other teams out west that want to keep him away from St. Louis and Colorado. A lot depends on how things shake out between now and February, but if Hall is producing more than a point per game and those needs are still there, it will be a bidding war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad