Tanner "The Rangers' Class Pet Rock" Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
hmm, i wonder what i said about him, i remember being semi-impressed that he wasnt as awful as what i was expecting, but having tempered enthusiasm.

im too lazy to look.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think Tanner Glass is the worst Ranger player I've ever seen. He adds nothing to the team. I was trying to think of worse Rangers of the past 25 years.

yeah, id say as bad as he is, there are a few worse player..

Brashear, Scott, Boogaard...just to name a few. Clearly the theme here is set...goons who bring nothing to the table hockey wise.

albeit, Brashear used to be a pretty good player and intimidating as hell. Brashear in his prime was a heck of a 4th line player.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
For every ten minutes Tanner glass plays, the Rangers will have 7 shot attempts, the opposition will have 9 shot attempts. Over a season, that's a differential of 164 shot attempts! Thats four games worth of shot attempts on the shoulders of one player

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Ales Kotalik. Obviously vastly superior to Glass in terms of sheer skill, but comparable when it comes to self-inflicted, unnecessary damage.

Glass isn't coming out anytime soon. AV said during pre-game that he's performing as expected. He's right. Glass sucks in NY as much as he did in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately our coach has painted himself into a corner and has to keep playing Glass to prove that he's smarter than the rest of the world.

lets hope Sather throws Glass in a package by mistake then...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Every year, we seem to have that one player who adds nothing to the team. This year that player is Tanner Glass. After seeing guys like Asham, Pyatt, Rupp, Bickel and others play, it's safe to say Glass is not the worst.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
B4sSC2xCYAAZsS5.png

I didn't expect this to happen until at least the new year.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's time for the update on Tanner Glass' 5v5 stats!

28 games - 0 goals, 1 assist, -40 Corsi, -30 Fenwick, On ice for 1 goal for, 12 goals against, 2.9 GA/60, 0.2 GF/60, 37-86-62 (offense-neutral-defense), TOIC% 25.9 (lowest on the team - unless you count Malone, McIlrath, and Allen).

He plays with Moore and Fast the most let's say, right?

Moore Corsi with Glass - 48.1%
Moore Corsi without Glass - 51%

Fast Corsi with Glass - 43.3%
Fast Corsi without Glass - 44.3%

Glass when he's with Moore - 48.1%
Glass when he's without Moore - 39.4%

Running down the list of all the Rangers who have skated in a game, there is NOT ONE whose Corsi% goes down when they are with Glass v. when they are without Glass.

Are we sure AV is a possession coach?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's truly hard to fathom how poor of a player he is when it comes to anything other than throwing hits. When he's in the lineup, the team would probably be better off playing three lines and keeping that fourth line on the bench. Literally nothing good happens when he is on the ice.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
It's truly hard to fathom how poor of a player he is when it comes to anything other than throwing hits. When he's in the lineup, the team would probably be better off playing three lines and keeping that fourth line on the bench. Literally nothing good happens when he is on the ice.
He's made Dom Moore effectively useless

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

ive never seen a player so bad at using his stick. he cant even win board battles despite being bigger than most other players because he cant handle the puck at even an ECHL level.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's made Dom Moore effectively useless

That's the thing--he actually makes other players worse. It's not like it's just some guy that sucks getting a few minutes each night. Whatever line he is on becomes completely worthless. You do Fast-Moore-Stempniak and you have a line that can make positive contributions and you can roll four lines. When Glass is on the line, you have three lines plus one that is a total liability. It's more than one player, it becomes an entire line that is problematic.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Every time Glass throws a hit I cringe thinking that buys him another 5 games and I have to hear homer Joe talk about how great he's playing.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
That's the thing--he actually makes other players worse. It's not like it's just some guy that sucks getting a few minutes each night. Whatever line he is on becomes completely worthless. You do Fast-Moore-Stempniak and you have a line that can make positive contributions and you can roll four lines. When Glass is on the line, you have three lines plus one that is a total liability. It's more than one player, it becomes an entire line that is problematic.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. If there was not much of a suitable replacement (such as earlier on in the season) it would be easier to swallow. With Fast & Miller playing the best hockey of their young careers slowing their momentum to accommodate a useless plug is confuzzling the **** out of me.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Maybe, just maybe AV is tricking teams into thinking we cant roll 4 lines.

Then when the playoffs come around, we banish Tanner Ass and surprise people with a useful 4th line!

EDIT: This is sarcasm

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Thing with Glass is you really don't even need the stats to tell you he sucks. For all the people that bash advanced stats, the eye test alone he fails by a large margin. It really shouldn't be up for debate why he plays and Fast/Miller/Stempniak/any other person on the planet sits for him.

*Bob Richards*

When it comes to offense, he's an absolute abomination rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad