Injury Report: Tanner Pearson: Broken Lower Leg; Nick Shore to be called up

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Richards as a top 6 may be a bad idea but if it has to happen, it is more beneficial that the faster player (Carter) be on the wing. Teams tend to defend the centre of the ice so fast wings will have an advantage and a bit more room to make a play. The two wings can chase pucks and forecheck while Richards can just hang back and be in position when it comes time to backcheck. Brown can skate, put him on LW so he can keep up with Carter.

Gab-Kopi-JW
Brown-MR-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Cliff-AHLer/Nolan/Andy

Richards is a liability on Defense, I still fail to see how he gets out of the fourth line.

There is a reason Sutter put him there, and has left him there. I even can see that, and I love Mike Richards. He is one of my favorite players all time.

Rooting for the guy, seriously, But he is just not a productive player at this juncture.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Richards is a liability on Defense, I still fail to see how he gets out of the fourth line.

There is a reason Sutter put him there, and has left him there. I even can see that, and I love Mike Richards. He is one of my favorite players all time.

Stoll may be a little better so he can be switched with Richards. Or Carter is just going to have to work harder and literally play a 200 ft game.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
you think they're just planning to trade him? they were going to bring him up in october but his chance was blocked due to caps. he was the last cut in camp and won a game in shoot out. so how do management view him do you think? just curious what you mean specifically.

Weal is waiver eligible next season. If the Kings felt he was in their long term plans, they would have called him up over the player with less professional experience.

So I wouldn't be shocked if he was traded. It's not that he's a bust, I just don't think he fits in management's long term plans.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Rooting for the guy, seriously, But he is just not a productive player at this juncture.

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with this. I defend him a lot but he's been really brutal for a few weeks now.

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
Weal is waiver eligible next season. If the Kings felt he was in their long term plans, they would have called him up over the player with less professional experience.

So I wouldn't be shocked if he was traded. It's not that he's a bust, I just don't think he fits in management's long term plans.

yeah you're probably right. maybe he'll get a chance somewhere else.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Ducks fan coming in peace, Sucks for pearson, Tofoli wont be out to long. But you guys should have more hope!!! Your gm is never afraid to pull the trigger, I wont be suprised if he makes another trade to shake things up. I still think the biggest losses of the season for the kings was Mitchell and Voynov.. You can replace guys like that.

Captain Mittens*

Would still like to see Weal recalled and get some games in. Do the kid right, as he's done what's been asked of him and then some. Kid may surprise like he's done every step of the way.

I Weally do too but I Shore hope Nick is ready

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
Would still like to see Weal recalled and get some games in. Do the kid right, as he's done what's been asked of him and then some. Kid may surprise like he's done every step of the way.

he sure has. top scorer last year for the monarchs.

he's been passed over for toffoli, pearson and shore, and maybe you could even say vey (who had games before trade) and andreoff but not as much those last 2 coz not same age/etc. and they had put in more time i think. but weal's put his head down and worked hard no matter what was going on. at camp and on ice. and still a top 4 scorer even though not playing with o-neill like last season when they were doin so well together. agree w/you that it'd be right if kings would give him a chance to play some nhl games before he's traded or whatever. do you think they will? what's your thoughts? they didnt give kozun any chances did they?

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Its possible the Kings called up Shore because he is trade bait not Weal like some are suggesting. Bringing him up gives other team's scouts a look at him at a higher level going into the deadline.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
Ducks fan coming in peace, Sucks for pearson, Tofoli wont be out to long. But you guys should have more hope!!! Your gm is never afraid to pull the trigger, I wont be suprised if he makes another trade to shake things up. I still think the biggest losses of the season for the kings was Mitchell and Voynov.. You can replace guys like that.

Thanks. All of us are hating the loss of Mitchell. Some of us, myself included, were hoping to keep him over Greene even though Mitchell is much older. We didn't like it when it happened but understood. If we knew what would happen with Voynov, there's no way Lombardi would've let Mitchell go.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013

Thanks. It's hard to see two of our best scorers go down when it seems like scoring is the only thing clicking right now.

he sure has. top scorer last year for the monarchs.

he's been passed over for toffoli, pearson and shore, and maybe you could even say vey (who had games before trade) and andreoff but not as much those last 2 coz not same age/etc. and they had put in more time i think. but weal's put his head down and worked hard no matter what was going on. at camp and on ice. and still a top 4 scorer even though not playing with o-neill like last season when they were doin so well together. agree w/you that it'd be right if kings would give him a chance to play some nhl games before he's traded or whatever. do you think they will? what's your thoughts? they didnt give kozun any chances did they?

Good post. I'd love to see Weal get a chance for the reasons you've mentioned, even if it's just to showcase for teams not allergic to smaller-sized players.. Boy is he fast.

Its possible the Kings called up Shore because he is trade bait not Weal like some are suggesting. Bringing him up gives other team's scouts a look at him at a higher level going into the deadline.

No, I think Shore is in the Kings' long-term plans. In addition to being smart, constantly improving, and a very good scorer, Shore is very defensibly responsible, which I think is a major reason he was brought up now, when our defense is sub-par.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Outside of teams that are clearly going into the trade deadline as sellers, I doubt this happens much. The kings are working to get into the playoffs, they need to ice the best line up no matter what. They aren't going to take a lesser player just so they can shop him.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014

Ya, he deserves the shot.

I haven't had a chance to see many Monarch games, but stats wise two things that stick out like a sore thumb are that Shore has scored more almost as many goals as Weal and O'Neill combined (all 3 have racked up assists though) and Shore is bigger than either Weal or O'Neill.

Pure speculation: Maybe part of the reason they're not bringing Weal up is because of his size? It's no secret the Kings like big players, which is understandable given the style the team plays. Assuming Weal's stats are up-to-date on the Kings website, here's where he, and O'Neill who's in a somewhat similar situation, are at currently:
Weal - 5'11" 179 lbs
ONeill - 5'8" 165 lbs

Look at the forwards who have come up in the meantime:
Toffoli - 6'1" 196 lbs
Pearson - 6'1" 200 lbs
Shore - 6'1" 188 lbs

Currently our smallest forward is Richards at 5'11" 196 lbs.

The 5'11" part isn't a problem, but being 179 lbs, maybe the Kings coaching staff isn't confident Weal's game will hold up & gel well with the team's style of play against the other NHL players until he puts on a little more size/weight/strength.

It seems like Weal might be one really good off-season workout program away from getting more time in the NHL, assuming the Kings have a roster spot for him.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
LA lost a speed component and it makes sense to replace it. Weal may be able to provide it. They have two open roster spots once TT goes on IR. Adding Shore and Weal makes sense. Replacing TT and Pearson with Nolan and AA make less sense. You aren't going to replace the skill with more grind. Just an opinion which is up for debate.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Pearson is having surgery later this week per Rosen. No timetable for a return. :/

Surgery would imply that the hopes of a simple hairline fracture can be squashed. The reason he could still skate off, other than being tough, is that he didn't break the weight bearing tibia.

Would need to understand the severity of the surgery before trying to guess a time table. With surgery involved, however, it feels like 3-4 months would be the best case scenario. While we've determined it doesn't matter what happens to the legs of mere mortals, surgery to place screws and a rod to fix my tibia and a slight fracture of the fibula led to three months on crutches. Since Pearson did not break the tibia though, you'd hope to see the crutches ditched after a month or a little more since weight bearing excercises should be viable quicker than if the tibia was involved. With the confusion over ankle/leg in various reports, I'd hope the surgery isn't something ligament related in the ankle.

Regardless, a regular season return is more than likely a pipe dream.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Surgery would imply that the hopes of a simple hairline fracture can be squashed. The reason he could still skate off, other than being tough, is that he didn't break the weight bearing tibia.

Would need to understand the severity of the surgery before trying to guess a time table. With surgery involved, however, it feels like 3-4 months would be the best case scenario. While we've determined it doesn't matter what happens to the legs of mere mortals, surgery to place screws and a rod to fix my tibia and a slight fracture of the fibula led to three months on crutches. Since Pearson did not break the tibia though, you'd hope to see the crutches ditched after a month or a little more since weight bearing excercises should be viable quicker than if the tibia was involved. With the confusion over ankle/leg in various reports, I'd hope the surgery isn't something ligament related in the ankle.

Regardless, a regular season return is more than likely a pipe dream.

Making it back for the playoffs would be a big boost. Let's hope he's a fast healer.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Blake says it is a three month rehab. He's lied before though so we'll need to wait for someone else to confirm :sarcasm:

Falls in line with what I feel is a best case scenario considering a fracture that needed surgery. Of course, three months of rehab may not include post-op recovery time and such which could push things closer to four month territory.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It sucks, but I hope he is allowed to just rest and fully recover. Pearson is one of our fastest skaters and I want him to regain all of that speed back. He, Gaborik, and Carter add so much to our attack with their speed.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Blake says it is a three month rehab. He's lied before though so we'll need to wait for someone else to confirm :sarcasm:

Falls in line with what I feel is a best case scenario considering a fracture that needed surgery. Of course, three months of rehab may not include post-op recovery time and such which could push things closer to four month territory.

Sounds like the same timetable Williams had when he broke his leg. It would be a nice bonus to get him back around playoff time, but it may be a bit of a longshot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00