Injury Report: Tanner Pearson: Broken Lower Leg; Nick Shore to be called up

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I broke my fibula back in February. I had the same injury that Kopitar had. Granted these guys are professional athletes with world-class trainers and doctors, but it took me three months before I could really walk well and six months before I was strong on my skates again. Depends on what he broke, but if he shattered his ankle and needs surgery, this could be a bad injury. I was relatively lucky that it was a clean break far enough above my ankle.

Snapped my ankle on a similar play then got up and finished practice. As soon as I took my skate off the ankle/leg blew up and I knew I was in trouble. Spent 4 months on the shelf then played a year of juniors but it was never the same and effectively ended my hockey career. Hope he has better luck, when I saw it I had a flashback and it made me sick to my stomach. Here is to a full and speedy recovery

To you two and others who have shared similar injuries, I feel for you. Leg injuries can be hard to fully heal. It's crappy when you're never really the same afterward.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Pretty sure David Legwand, early in his career, missed an entire or close to a entire season with mono.

Didn't justin auger as well or am I thinking of another prospect?

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery as well but knowing our luck this season I wouldn't be surprised if both were done for the year

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I had mono in fifth grade. I missed a month of school.

Wow. I got it one summer when i was perhaps 21, I think I missed a day or two of work and it subsided. Didn't realize the effects could fluctuate that much.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Gaborik - Kopitar - Williams
Brown - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Lewis
Clifford - Andreoff - Nolan

Thats my best guess for now, yikes.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
The other issue is , it will take Pearson about a month to get back into playing shape. Sutter is not going to use a guy coming off a major injury , that hasn't skated competitive in months, if the Kings go deep.

I wonder if they factor that into the timeframe they give for the injury. Like if they say he'll be out for three months, I'd imagine they mean three months until he's ready to return to game action.

You make a good case. I mean, why mention my personal experience breaking my lower leg playing hockey and then say best case is two months even though my recovery was much longer? You're totally correct that I needed you to act like a true ******* and point out that I'm not a pro athlete so Pearson will return earlier than I did, even though I said two months best case which is better than the Stamkos time line you keep pounding. Sheer brilliance.

Remember that not only do I have first hand knowledge of what it's like to break my leg playing hockey, I also have first hand knowledge of being bad at hockey. Remember that next time we meet up in the Richards thread.

Chill out dude. I'm not being an ******* to you in the least. I'm pointing out that because it took you X number of days to recover doesn't mean it'll take the same for a pro athlete who dedicates his life to playing hockey, a key part of which is taking care of your body. Additionally he has a team of medical help behind him to get back ASAP. That's not being an *******, that's being realistic. Even if he has the exact same injury as you, he'll be back quicker than you barring some unforeseen set back.

Additionally, I used Stamkos as a reference because someone else stated they could be similar injuries.

I'm sorry you have first hand knowledge of what it is like to break your leg playing the game. Truly I am. No one should go through that. That does not mean you did go through what Pearson did because none of us know what he broke exactly, what the prognosis is or anything else other than what we can see on the video replay and one tweet from Rosen (I think it was Rosen). Until more details emerge, expect people to have a different opinion than you. It's a message board.

Pretty sure David Legwand, early in his career, missed an entire or close to a entire season with mono.

Legwand had mono in 1998 just prior to the 98-99 season.

http://www.canoe.ca/HockeyNashvilleArchive/sep29_leg.html

He ended up playing 56 games that year (55 in the OHL, one in the NHL). He started the season in the OHL which has a 68 game regular season, so I assume he missed about 13 games that year. Not sure if all of it was due to mono.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I had mono in fifth grade. I missed a month of school.
We tend to think of mono in terms of remembering kids in school. But we are not talking here the ability to continue your studies in a month. There tends to be a slowness recovery in the spleen and liver, and a person can lake a high level of energy for months.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
In spite of all the speculation regarding Pearson and TT, the main issue is how badly these two guys are going to be missed by the team.
I remember what a breath of fresh air Nolan and King brought to the team with their call-up. Maybe the same thing can happen with a couple more.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
In spite of all the speculation regarding Pearson and TT, the main issue is how badly these two guys are going to be missed by the team.
I remember what a breath of fresh air Nolan and King brought to the team with their call-up. Maybe the same thing can happen with a couple more.

I think their return will be a good spark.

Long live That 70's Line :yo:
and GKG

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

ch Hammond
‏@Rich_Hammond Pearson headed to IR with broken left ankle. Shore on the way. No timetable on Toffoli, not officially on IR.

Rich Hammond @Rich_Hammond
· 2m 2 minutes ago
Kings have amended…Tanner Pearson actually has a broken left fibula.

Rich Hammond @Rich_Hammond
· 20m 20 minutes ago
Re: Pearson, not that all injuries are the same, but Jordan Staal missed a bit more than 3 months with broken fibula.

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Tyler's timetable is so damn tricky. Plus there's no sense putting him on IR because we don't need savings and his are marginal at best.

Really feel bad for Tanner.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Tyler's timetable is so damn tricky. Plus there's no sense putting him on IR because we don't need savings and his are marginal at best.

Really feel bad for Tanner.

IR would be for the roster spot. If staff believes they need two others in place of Andreoff and Nolan, they'd have to put him on IR.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Hopefully this doesn't put a mental block for Tanner as far as going hard to the net or even into the corners for the puck. Got to keep playing the same way kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad