Tank Watch

What draft pick do you think we end up with in the 1st round?

• Total voters

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I know BPA, yadadada, but I really hope we get at least Boqvist. D-man are just so much more valuable in this league.

pnch40

May 31, 2015
In terms of absolute standings, I think Detroit passes us on the way up, but we don't have the overall suckitude to catch Vanc/Edmonton. Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa, Buffallo, and of course AZ are all experts will beat us to the bottom with their experience....

As for what pick we get? Anyone's guess.

Yeah, I think the it's totally possible to catch many of the above teams. Ottawa last 10 games is 6-4. We're 1-8-1. We play them twice and could make up a ton in the tank if losing to just them.

There's a possibility we end up with 70 points leaving only 6 wins to end the season. Keep in mind we've played 1-2 more games then many of the teams. The next 5 or so games really gives us a lot of where we'll sit. Big L's below

Ottawa - L
San Jose - L
Columbus - L
San Jose - L

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Tank watch update

lf

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
That's not possible. The 26 hangs in the rafters. I was there for the Michael Handzus retirement ceremony.

;)

Reactions: BK

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
So what you guys are saying is that there will be another moment where Q storms out of a meeting at the draft?

Bowman: We're going to select Dahlin with the #1 pick and he has decided to wear #26 as he did for Frolunda.
Q: Are you f***ing kidding me, Stan? That's Zus' old number. You either figure this out or I scratch the kid every night to play Oesty on the top pair. I'm outta here.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I would genuinely be concerned if the Hawks had Dahlin on the roster with a Q-coached team.

I think everyone would be concerned. Well, except those "few knowledgeable posters" who must be right and everyone else is wrong.

I think I'll literally refuse to watch games next season if Q is still coaching this team.

Reactions: BK and jls24

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Wouldn't mind letting Q continue his trolling ways next year and hop into the Tank for Jack Hughes sweepstakes.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So what you guys are saying is that there will be another moment where Q storms out of a meeting at the draft?

Bowman: We're going to select Dahlin with the #1 pick and he has decided to wear #26 as he did for Frolunda.
Q: Are you ****ing kidding me, Stan? That's Zus' old number. You either figure this out or I scratch the kid every night to play Oesty on the top pair. I'm outta here.

Q had all the right to storm out, the stupid GM traded Panarin for Saad. I would have stormed too, I was storming all over the place that day with the news.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Q had all the right to storm out, the stupid GM traded Panarin for Saad. I would have stormed too, I was storming all over the place that day with the news.

I believe he stormed out because Hammer was traded, hence why some believe Murphy is getting the typical Q treatment. Bringing Saad back seemed to be a universally agreed upon decision within the organization. Players, Coaches and FO.

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I believe he stormed out because Hammer was traded, hence why some believe Murphy is getting the typical Q treatment. Bringing Saad back seemed to be a universally agreed upon decision within the organization. Players, Coaches and FO.
agreed and in ref to murph getting the Q treatment. i don't know. i keep seeing murph screw up on plays that an experience nhl d-man should not be making..... but hell that is me and my opinion.

Reactions: Blackhawks

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
agreed and in ref to murph getting the Q treatment. i don't know. i keep seeing murph screw up on plays that an experience nhl d-man should not be making..... but hell that is me and my opinion.

He really doesn’t make that many mistakes.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Q woukd immediately teach Dahlin tge wrong way to be a competent dman..He would teach him the art of the feeble stick-check...never use the body ..Heceoukd teach him how to screen our goalie without ever blocking any shots..he woukd teach him how not to defend by correct positioning plays made from behind our net ...he woukd teach him how to fire from the point and get the shot blocked guaranteed 90% of the time and how to firebitboff met tgenotherb9% ..with only 1% ever getting through on net.
Which is why I hope we do not get either #1 or #5 or #6 because the pressure would be greater to select either Boqvist nor Bouchard who as you say Q woukd also ruin...No...Rather I hope we get #2 or #3 where consensus is obvious to select forwards Zadina or Svechnikov in whatever preference Stan wants or accepts if the other comes off at #2 and we get to sekect#3 ....OR I hope we get #7 where another forward...Whalstrom ...has to come off before we go to a lower tier of talent in the 8-15 group .. IF we draft 8 ,9,pr 10 then I hope we take a Centre...Isac Lundestrom is my best choice of Centres left on the board.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Murphy has used his body well, made some big hits and right calls...he has made some mistakes as well, but he isn't getting the minutes he needs to evolve as a younger defender and Q needs to STOP playing him on his offside for the love of Jesus...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Q woukd immediately teach Dahlin tge wrong way to be a competent dman..He would teach him the art of the feeble stick-check...never use the body ..Heceoukd teach him how to screen our goalie without ever blocking any shots..he woukd teach him how not to defend by correct positioning plays made from behind our net ...he woukd teach him how to fire from the point and get the shot blocked guaranteed 90% of the time and how to firebitboff met tgenotherb9% ..with only 1% ever getting through on net.
Which is why I hope we do not get either #1 or #5 or #6 because the pressure would be greater to select either Boqvist nor Bouchard who as you say Q woukd also ruin...No...Rather I hope we get #2 or #3 where consensus is obvious to select forwards Zadina or Svechnikov in whatever preference Stan wants or accepts if the other comes off at #2 and we get to sekect#3 ....OR I hope we get #7 where another forward...Whalstrom ...has to come off before we go to a lower tier of talent in the 8-15 group .. IF we draft 8 ,9,pr 10 then I hope we take a Centre...Isac Lundestrom is my best choice of Centres left on the board.

I honestly think you just hit your head off the keyboard and this is the typical end result...

I don't think we have a chance at the big 3 forwards, so hope for #5 -8 and don't take a dman there unless it is Hughes...forwards turn franchises around faster, especially some of the skilled ones in that range

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Ok lets say we hypothetically get Rasmus Dahlin, and in 2-3 years Jokiharju develops.

Dahlin-Murphy
Keith-Jokiharju
Forsling-Seabrook/Mitchell
*Seabrook hopefully bought out by then..

Is this a Stanley Cup Contending core?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad