Tank Watch

What draft pick do you think we end up with in the 1st round?

• Total voters

pnch40

May 31, 2015
This thread is dedicated to Tank Watch 2018.

Tankathon | 2018 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator

I personally love watching the tank (much like the bulls tank). I do find it sad we are in this situation but a partial teardown is a must at this point. We need to get younger and get some D with speed and offense. Speed in general as a team, really.

Barring a few more moves (please sell AA very, very high) below are the draft picks we have. Our first rounder as of today is #7.

We have a 20.9% chance of a Top 3.
We have a 6.7% chance of the #1.

RdPickBelongs toNotes
1CHI
1CHIFrom NSH for R. Hartman, 2/26/18
2 CHI ->MTL For Weise/Fleischmann, 2/26/16
3CHI
3WSH**Highest of Caps or Leafs picks for M. Kempny, 2/19/18
4NSHFrom NSH for R. Hartman, 2/26/18
4CHI ->DALFor J. Oduya, 2/28/17
5 CHI -> NSHFor R. Hartman, 2/26/18
5CBJFor A. Panarin/T. Motte, 6/23/17
6CHI
7CHI
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Let's increase those chances of a top 3 or #1 and get Dahlin.

Last edited:
Reactions: G0AT

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Must Lose Games

Home and home with Boston coming up. Home and home with St. Louis to finish the season. Another St. Louis game. San Jose x3, Colorado x2, Winnipeg x2, LA.

Tank Battles

Ottawa
Buffalo
Carolina
Vancouver
NYI
CBJ
Anaheim

That’s the whole schedule. Some of the teams battling us for pick position are also fighting for a playoff spot. The difference between picking top 5, top 10 and barely making the playoffs could be less than 10 points, pretty crazy.

Reactions: RayP

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
There would be so much haterade flowing if the Hawks won the lottery. The HF meltdown would be epic. And I'd love every minute of it. :laugh:

I just want to say from the bottom of my heart. I'd like to take this chance to apologize, to absolutely nobody.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
In terms of absolute standings, I think Detroit passes us on the way up, but we don't have the overall suckitude to catch Vanc/Edmonton. Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa, Buffallo, and of course AZ are all experts will beat us to the bottom with their experience....

As for what pick we get? Anyone's guess.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
There would be so much haterade flowing if the Hawks won the lottery. The HF meltdown would be epic. And I'd love every minute of it. :laugh:

Casual bandwagon Hawks fan chiming in, I don’t follow the prospects, how does Rasmus Dahlin project? We need defensemen and it looks like he is the top rated one but you know how it is with prospects, could bust and be playing in Sweden in a couple years. Thanks in advance.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Casual bandwagon Hawks fan chiming in, I don’t follow the prospects, how does Rasmus Dahlin project? We need defensemen and it looks like he is the top rated one but you know how it is with prospects, could bust and be playing in Sweden in a couple years. Thanks in advance.

He projects to be an elite #1 offensive D.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Projects as Erik Karlsson, basically.

Edit: :laugh:

I thought you were being serious too.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Except he 3-4" bigger.

If you are going to project him I would say a mix between Hedman and Karlsson, sounds ****ty right?

I hate comps but that's a reasonable one. He may well end up revolutionary kind of good. It's nuts.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Don't see us falling below seventh worst record in the NHL. Where we'll draft depends on the lottery. Hopefully top three, but we have to accept the fact that falling down to the 10s is certain possible.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
We are going to see younger guys in our roster soon, per Q.

Hopefully it means that our Tank Commanders ala Bouma, Wingels and Seabrook will play in every game.

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava

Hopefully it means that our Tank Commanders ala Bouma, Wingels and Seabrook will play in every game.

we could also pull Rozsival finally from the LTIR and pair him with Seabrook or Murphy. to improve lottery chances.... (crap, util now I didnt know why they re-signed him)

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Bouma, yes and as I said in last night's GDT, Gus should be sent down and remain there until he learns to play this game.

Let's see Fortin and/or Highmore and perhaps Snugs or a dman who is playing well in RFD. I expect TW and Seabs to be on next year's roster but there's nothing wrong with reducing their playing time. Same goes for Keith/Toews/Kane/Schmaltz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad