Tank Watch

What draft pick do you think we end up with in the 1st round?

• Total voters

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I'm probably wrong, but I don't think that's how probabilities work. They have specific odds to pick 1st, specific odds to pick 2nd, and specific odds to pick 3rd, but the sum of those probabilities =/= their odds of a top 3 pick.

In this case it does work that way. If you add the percentages across the board, they add up to 100%.

So in simple terms:

Odds to bump up to top 3: 20.4% chance
Odds to stay at 7: 26% chance
Odds to move down (to 8, 9 or 10): 53.6

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I'm probably wrong, but I don't think that's how probabilities work. They have specific odds to pick 1st, specific odds to pick 2nd, and specific odds to pick 3rd, but the sum of those probabilities =/= their odds of a top 3 pick.

He’s right, it’s the sum of the individual probabilities.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Numbers 1 and 27 will look nice in a couple of months. Just hope 27 turns out at least as good as Hartman, because Forsberg doesn’t look special at all.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I saw Rasmus Dahlin a little during the Junior Tournament earlier this year and he looked good, but he certainly is not a difference maker. At this point in his development, I would rather have at least 50 current NHL defensemen over him. He had 7 goals, 13 assists, 20 points with a +4 in 41 games in the Swedish Hockey League this year. His team, Frolunda finished third out of fourteen teams. He will be 18 on Friday, he is just a kid playing mainly with men, but he is 6.02, 181 pounds and if he is the best player in this years draft, he should stand out in that league. Teammate Matt Donovan had 7 goals, 20 assists, 27 points with a +11 in 52 games, maybe the Blackhawks should sign him, he might be a second pairing defensemen on the Blackhawks.

Can you name the 50 for us?

Reactions: Pez68

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Numbers 1 and 27 will look nice in a couple of months. Just hope 27 turns out at least as good as Hartman, because Forsberg doesn’t look special at all.

I believe right now its #7 and #31

Nice if it becomes #1 but it will always be #31 (NAS pick)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I believe right now its #7 and #31

Nice if it becomes #1 but it will always be #31 (NAS pick)

No. Where are you getting this from?

1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)
Just because Nashville won the PT does not mean the Hawks pick from them is guaranteed to be #31.

If Nashville bows out in the first round it could be as high as 24, according to this.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
No. Where are you getting this from?

1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)
Just because Nashville won the PT does not mean the Hawks pick from them is guaranteed to be #31.

If Nashville bows out in the first round it could be as high as 24, according to this.

You are right ... I was looking at another site that had the Hawks at 31 (NAS) pick ..............we will see come Apr 28 when the ping pong balls drop and then we wait for the playoffs to end ........ just hope NAS gets upset by someone

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You are right ... I was looking at another site that had the Hawks at 31 (NAS) pick ..............we will see come Apr 28 when the ping pong balls drop and then we wait for the playoffs to end ........ just hope NAS gets upset by someone

Don't even need the POs to end. Each round will lock in more picks. Could know where the Nash pick is as soon as the end of the first round.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
now that the season is over im pretty excited for the draft lottery...havnt been able to care about that in a long time.

Cement Head

I'm tired, I only had 16 hours of sleep!
Dec 23, 2017
Can you name the 50 for us?
Do you think Dahlin will be a first pairing defenseman in the NHL next year? Would you have high expectations for that team? I am not talking about five years from now, I am projecting to the 2018-19 season.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Do you think Dahlin will be a first pairing defenseman in the NHL next year? Would you have high expectations for that team? I am not talking about five years from now, I am projecting to the 2018-19 season.
i would guess he would be either 1st or 2nd defenseman on the blackhawks....not that that says much.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I asked you a question. Please name all 50 current NHL defenders you would rather have over Dahlin next year. I shouldn't bother answering you until you do, but I will.

Dahlin will not take 5 years to be NHL ready. He'll be in the NHL for whatever team drafts him starting next season, and he'll learn at the NHL level, and by 20 years old he'll be a top 10 D. Top 15 at worst, within 2 seasons.

I think whatever team he goes to, he'll be a top pairing D, or at the very least, he'll be a 2nd pairing D until he shows what everyone knows already, and gets bumped to the top pair. High expectations for that team? Considering they will be a team which finishes bottom 3-4 in the league, most likely, no, I wouldn't. At all. Teams that finish in the bottom 3 or 4 and end up with the #1OA have far more problems than just a top pairing D...

Cement Head

Dec 23, 2017
I asked you a question. Please name all 50 current NHL defenders you would rather have over Dahlin next year. I shouldn't bother answering you until you do, but I will.

Dahlin will not take 5 years to be NHL ready. He'll be in the NHL for whatever team drafts him starting next season, and he'll learn at the NHL level, and by 20 years old he'll be a top 10 D. Top 15 at worst, within 2 seasons.

I think whatever team he goes to, he'll be a top pairing D, or at the very least, he'll be a 2nd pairing D until he shows what everyone knows already, and gets bumped to the top pair. High expectations for that team? Considering they will be a team which finishes bottom 3-4 in the league, most likely, no, I wouldn't. At all. Teams that finish in the bottom 3 or 4 and end up with the #1OA have far more problems than just a top pairing D...
Well I haven't seen Dahlin in many games, only a few against kids his own age. Maybe he is a prodigy, sounds like you know more than I. We shall see, hopefully as a Hawk.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Well I haven't seen Dahlin in many games, only a few against kids his own age. Maybe he is a prodigy, sounds like you know more than I. We shall see, hopefully as a Hawk.

Been meaning to tell you that’s a good looking cat you have there.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I will tell him that, he was bad today, he pooped on the floor next to his litter box.

Not a cat expert but that’s usually an indicator that the litter box wasn’t tidy enough to his specifications. I’ve also heard stories that they will take a dump on your bed as a calling card if you aren’t giving them enough attention.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

He can dangle like some very good forwards. He scores on wrist shots from the point. He has a nasty quick release. He is 6'2 and 190lbs at 18. He's faster than pretty much every guy on the ice against him. He has amazing hands and vision. He's going to be disgusting for a long time. He's the McDavid of D, IMO.

Cement Head

Dec 23, 2017
Then why make the claims you did?
Well tell me how many 18 year defenseman looked like future Norris winners? All I am saying, don't expect that he would have a huge impact on the Hawks in 2018-19 if somehow he is on the team. Also, give peace a chance will you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad