Olympics: Switzerland vs Czechs

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
The good news for the Czechs is that the group play doesn't really change their outcome for the QF-qualification game. With 2 points, they'll be the best 4th placed team and go into the 7 vs 10 matchup, facing either Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Slovakia or Latvia. It's no different than if they had beat Denmark and gone into the 6 vs 11 matchup. Okay, as the lower seed they'll not get last change, but other than that no difference.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The good news for the Czechs is that the group play doesn't really change their outcome for the QF-qualification game. With 2 points, they'll be the best 4th placed team and go into the 7 vs 10 matchup, facing either Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Slovakia or Latvia. It's no different than if they had beat Denmark and gone into the 6 vs 11 matchup. Okay, as the lower seed they'll not get last change, but other than that no difference.
Please GOD do not make me watch another Czech vs Swiss/Denmark game.

Reactions: Goodman68

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
The Swiss U25 player base in the NLA is horrible lets face it. Unless some guys like Nussbaumer, Knak, Egli, Fahrni etc. make a huge jump in devolopement we might run into even more serious problems in a few years.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
My overall impression from the tournament so far: Quite many players from multiple teams have huge problems playing on the NHL size rink. That rink requires top notch hockey skill, because the player must do everything really fast, including decision making. It is much more difficult to make meaningful plays here than on the old international size rink. Too many players just furiously chase the puck around the boards and try to outmuscle their opponents, because they are competent skaters, in a good shape overall, but lack the skill and vision of the world top class guys. As a result, it makes a lot of games not very enjoyable to watch. It is a bit like if we were watching NHL but with 4th lines only.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
My overall impression from the tournament so far: Quite many players from multiple teams have huge problems playing on the NHL size rink. That rink requires top notch hockey skill, because the player must do everything really fast, including decision making. It is much more difficult to make meaningful plays here than on the old international size rink. Too many players just furiously chase the puck around the boards and try to outmuscle their opponents, because they are competent skaters, in a good shape overall, but lack the skill and vision of the world top class guys. As a result, it makes a lot of games not very enjoyable to watch. It is a bit like if we were watching NHL but with 4th lines only.

Nice assessment and I think you're right on point. Perhaps they should have used a larger rink given that NHL players weren't coming?

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice assessment and I think you're right on point. Perhaps they should have used a larger rink given that NHL players weren't coming?
It's 50-50... I think KHL is now on small rinks (happy to be corrected) and they have majority of players here. It's time for Czechs to go to North Americans rink IMO. All the best are on small rinks (players) so let's level the field. It's a lot easier to go to small rinks as it creates expensive front row seats.

Reactions: Swipes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Swiss U25 player base in the NLA is horrible lets face it. Unless some guys like Nussbaumer, Knak, Egli, Fahrni etc. make a huge jump in devolopement we might run into even more serious problems in a few years.
You guys are entering our 2010's.lol

You were building beautifully with top pick after top pick but the future isn't perfect. No NHL goalie on the horizon and not many first rounders that I can recall. U18 and U20 results are suffering. I don't say this to be a jerk because I sympathize and saw this happen to us! Your current NHL crop is great.. Meir and Josi are elite! Obviously a few more as well. But that U25.. can't think of many. Like us, you need to produce at least 2 good NHL players a draft. If you don't it falls apart. EG. you can see how bad our D is and that is because we went a decade without producing any.lol

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Please GOD do not make me watch another Czech vs Swiss/Denmark game.
Unless China wins miraculously against Canada, or Germany against USA, or Slovakia defeats Latvia 3-2 OT, 4-3 OT, 5-4 OT etc, we're going exactly for another Czech vs Swiss game

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Unless China wins miraculously against Canada, or Germany against USA, or Slovakia defeats Latvia 3-2 OT, 4-3 OT, 5-4 OT etc, we're going exactly for another Czech vs Swiss game
Nooooo!

Switzerland scares the shit out of me. Awful matchup for my people!

I think German US game is 50-50. Same with Slovakia and Latvia. Excited to watch it later!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad