Olympics: Switzerland vs Czechs

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Swiss are missing Malgin to my knowledge. Czechs are missing Spacek.

CEchs struggle against Swiss. Their hybrid style doesn't work. They aren't a big scorer and struggle with defending against a good counter attacker.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Heart says we win 3-1
Brain says Swiss win 2-1

Looking for Sedlak to finish one
Hrubec to be strong
Less minutes for Jerabek (Czechs don't have a tippy top D here so roll lines)
Krejci needs to be the difference for us
Cervenka is a captain I like
More even minutes
Smejkal with Zohornas is a line I like lot

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo

Swiss are missing Malgin to my knowledge. Czechs are missing Spacek.

CEchs struggle against Swiss. Their hybrid style doesn't work. They aren't a big scorer and struggle with defending against a good counter attacker.

Missing Malgin (which at least is not out of quarantine and possibly goin to play next match) and Simion

Here's the swiss lineup

Reactions: Czechboy

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Guys, the goal is the one on the other side...can you please stop kicking the pucks in your own goal all the time?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Iffy penalty call followed by an iffy goal. Klok with great skating and activating. Smejkal who didn't get played last time with a flukey goal that is an own goal by Weber.

Funny that 2 guys that I want to see with more ice time combine for the first goal.

Czechs haven't scored first goal in a long time and have been chasing games all season.

Hopefully this relaxes them and loosens the grips a bit. Technically 4th line goal.

Sobotka on pp again... This has to stop.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Iffy call again. Shots are 8-0 and we are up 1-0. Swiss on PP.. fully expect first shot to go in.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was close!

First shot was a nice save but lost the puck and second shot is in. Bad look by Hrubec. Great work from Swiss. Shame Haas had to play for my oilers... I think he would've succeeded in NHL somewhere else.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sedlak is a high event player... nothing is really going great for him but I feel like our success hinges on him a bit as he's not over 30 and very good. He took the penalty and he was just run over pretty good. Looking back on goal.. I think Hrubec should get pimary assist.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Another swiss PP. Zohorna working his ass off! I've mentioned before.. I like third line more than 4th.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Someone forgot tell the Czechs to not let Swiss get point blank shots on net. They are walking down the middle.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Someone forgot tell the Czechs to not let Swiss get point blank shots on net. They are walking down the middle.
Don't worry I think it's a well thought tactic. They know that the swiss players need a football-sized goal to score

Reactions: Speyer and Czechboy

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Pretty even match so far. Czechs look a bit more skilled but the Swiss skate better. Both teams seems to have trouble finishing their chances though. Could go either way. Also, did Mottet get any PP time? I didnt see him on the man advantage but he looked good on 5 on 5.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1 big difference, we scored first (flukey).

Otherwise, kind of looked like the whole season. Start strong, look good (up 8-0 on shots) and then the other team starts outskating us and we don't seem to keep up.

Best line by far was Zohorna's and Smejkal who are hustling and agitating. It's a great line and I think they're getitng more than 4th line minutes. Also good on the PK.

The Hrubec goal was a bit weak.

Didn't really notice Krejci, Cervenka.

Only noticed Sedlak for bad luck but I am convinced he gets going.

My guess is that we slow down and Swiss speed up.

I was fine with a legend team but the legends aren't doing enough. D were good.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Also, Czech feed went down.lol God bless the CBC and a very good APP. I prefer Zaruba's voice and it's just one Canuck commentator but I like his enthusiasm. Always have backup!

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Czechs definitely the better team so far, Switzerland basically only dangerous on the PP. Loeffel needs to stop fumbling passes. The Haas line is the one that works better, and good energy from the fourth line.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs definitely the better team so far, Switzerland basically only dangerous on the PP. Loeffel needs to stop fumbling passes. The Haas line is the one that works better, and good energy from the fourth line.
Like Speyer above said.. the skating.

Our first 10 minutes are elite.. our last 10 are not.lol Like 2 different teams. I think you guys have a dominant second and slowly takeover with skating.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Chippy affair now... Lots is skating, bobbled pucks and not many shots at all.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Swiss PP coming up... Haas if having a good game. Drew the penalty

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Swiss power kill this time. They were even lucky the Czechs couldnt capitalize on Genonis blunder.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
CBC feed trying to show some highlights from the 2nd period but there were none. One of the more boring periods in the history of hockey with really nothing happening till the final 30 seconds when the Czechs opened up, didn't score and of course, the Swiss counter attacked and didn't socre either.lol

I get it.. Czechs don't want to attack becuase they are rightfully scared of the Swiss counterattack. Swiss don't want to attack because they want to counter attack.lol

Swiss are more patient so curious how it works out. Czechs need to improve tempo, hopefully draw a rare penalty and maybe shakeup that powerplay. They leave the 1st unit out for less than a minute... maybe give them some more time. Still want Klok on PP1

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Switzerland is looking pedestrian. Andrighetto isnt as dynamic as he used to be a couple of years ago and Hofmann has been disappointing so far. It seems its far easier to contain him when he is the main threat in absence of the NHL players. We badly need some more offensive skill. Maybe Malgin can contribute to that in the next game...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad