Olympics: Switzerland vs Czechs

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Scores from our division which I thoguht was the tightest division after NHLers weren't coming

1-0, 2-0, 2-1 and this game is currently 1-1.

Just sayin

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Switzerland is looking pedestrian. Andrighetto isnt as dynamic as he used to be a couple of years ago and Hofmann has been disappointing so far. It seems its far easier to contain him when he is the main threat in absence of the NHL players. We badly need some more offensive skill. Maybe Malgin can contribute to that in the next game...
I used to hate the Swiss because they played like the Greeks winning Euro 96.. then a new generation came and they have beautiful hockey and combos. Lots of skill.

This looks more like those old Swiss teams and they are clearly content with 0 shots in the third period and to wait for a mistake by Czechs.. which I'm positive they'll score on.

Czechs are just confused as they seem scared to attack and don't defend the best. Czechs have 2 goals in 5 periods and 0 PP goals. Swiss have 1 goal in 5 periods.

This is soccer

Reactions: vil and Speyer

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Big match by Haas, though. That said, scoring relies heavily on Andrighetto and Hofmann but today the first one is meh at best and the second one did not show up at all.. Not a good look.

But yeah, let's say I have witnessed more entertaining matches in my life, kudos to both teams for the impressive show of boredom

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I used to hate the Swiss because they played like the Greeks winning Euro 96.. then a new generation came and they have beautiful hockey and combos. Lots of skill.

This looks more like those old Swiss teams and they are clearly content with 0 shots in the third period and to wait for a mistake by Czechs.. which I'm positive they'll score on.

Czechs are just confused as they seem scared to attack and don't defend the best. Czechs have 2 goals in 5 periods and 0 PP goals. Swiss have 1 goal in 5 periods.

This is soccer

Not a bad way to put it :laugh:

Playing to hesitant and defensive has Fischer (Swiss Coach) cost some games in the past. I personally dont like it either. I could see this ending up a one goal game maybe in overtime...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not a bad way to put it :laugh:

Playing to hesitant and defensive has Fischer (Swiss Coach) cost some games in the past. I personally dont like it either. I could see this ending up a one goal game maybe in overtime...
OR a shitty deflection wins it. That's my guess. I'm not seeing a 3 on 1 or a breakaway coming anytime soon. More like a point shot hits 3 things and somehow goes in.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The second the Czechs advance and shoot, the swiss are gone the other way. This is where we need a guy like krejci to solve this. I can't keep stressing .. Klok needs more ice time with top guys.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Big match by Haas, though. That said, scoring relies heavily on Andrighetto and Hofmann but today the first one is meh at best and the second one did not show up at all.. Not a good look.

But yeah, let's say I have witnessed more entertaining matches in my life, kudos to both teams for the impressive show of boredom

His two-way game is still exceptional, creating offence and still be the first to backcheck in the right moment and at the right place.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
His two-way game is still exceptional, creating offence and still be the first to backcheck in the right moment and at the right place.

Haas has always been good for the National Team. Usually not in every game but in pretty much every tournament he contributes to some wins. Also one of the few NLA Centers that doesnt look out of place against top nations.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
There is the mistake.. dumb penalty and Swiss on PP.. I fully expect a shot of a shin to bounce in and game over

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would just like to remind anyone reading that the bigger deshelved looking dude beside Pesan.. that is an Olympig Gold Medalist.lol Spacek looks rough.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What the hell happened? Hyka just missed a wide open net! We won't get a better chance than that

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
OMG.. Frolik is out.. he hasn't played all game.. with Sobotka... What is the end game of this?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Who flubbed the 2 on 1 pass? Repik? He ended up doing nothing with it.. 26 I think. Show me that replay. And, of course, we got a chance and Swiss breakout the other way. It is amazing how quickly the Swiss counter attack.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Terrible breakaway attempt by Moser, right on the body. This team has zero finish. Only reason we are still in it is that the Czechs arent any better in that regard, even though they had less PP's.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Alright.. if you're fast or young.. sit your ass down.

If you're old and slower.. you're going out for 3 on 3.

Happy with the point. Can't believe Hyka didn't bury it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Terrible breakaway attempt by Moser, right on the body. This team has zero finish. Only reason we are still in it is that the Czechs arent any better in that regard, even though they had less PP's.
In fairness... Swiss scored both goals. Czechs in 2 full games have scored one goal all by themself.lol

Reactions: Speyer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad