WJC: Sweden 2018 Roster Talk

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Would be a shame to split up Fjällby and Davidsson though, they got some great chemistry and know eachother well from playing on the same line in Djurgården. I think I'd rather see Nylander-Andersson-Pettersson and possibly use Fjällby-Davidsson-Zetterlund/Söderlund as the second line.
It's unessecary to split them up if there is no need to. I would also much rather see Lias with Nylander and Pettersson. Sure it makes the team more top heavy but I still think that Lundeström could thrive on a second line with Boqvist, I think they could co-drive it.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Good to see some new guys score. Zetterlund and Söderlund are both important secondary goal scorers on this team. Want to see the Fjällby line out there a whole lot more against the Russians, they get around 12 minutes/game right now. Still not seeing much from Boqvist and Lundeström and I hope Dahlin doesn't have an off-game like this again.

Last edited:

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
This makes no sense. Dahlin is the superior powerplay guy so he should get as much time as possible
Honestly I don't think this is true, Liljegren's bread and butter is being the PP QB, just haven't seen it much due to Dahlin staying on for pretty much all of the PP and playing with much better players on the PP. Just today Dahlin's unit was on for like a minute 30-40 with no shots, then Lilje comes on and gets a shot off right away.

Where the superiorness between the 2 comes is ES play, so IMO the Swedes should be riding Dahlin as a horse there and letting Liljegren get PP1 and Brannstrom PP2. My point is the difference in xGf% on ES between Dahlin/Lilje is likely much more than the difference of PP production.

Dahlin has an Auston Matthews like presence on the ice and tilts the ice ES, although with more mistakes in a bad game and I missed the 2nd game so haven't seen his best, just he may not be the best choice to QB the PP IMO. Just as Nylander is more dangerous than Matthews on the PP with his top notch zone entries and playmaking on the Leafs, may be the same for Lilje vs. Dahlin.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Dahlin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Liljegren at every single part of the game.

Stop comparing the two.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Honestly I don't think this is true, Liljegren's bread and butter is being the PP QB, just haven't seen it much due to Dahlin staying on for pretty much all of the PP and playing with much better players on the PP. Just today Dahlin's unit was on for like a minute 30-40 with no shots, then Lilje comes on and gets a shot off right away.

Where the superiorness between the 2 comes is ES play, so IMO the Swedes should be riding Dahlin as a horse there and letting Liljegren get PP1 and Brannstrom PP2. My point is the difference in xGf% on ES between Dahlin/Lilje is likely much more than the difference of PP production.

Dahlin has an Auston Matthews like presence on the ice and tilts the ice ES, although with more mistakes in a bad game and I missed the 2nd game so haven't seen his best, just he may not be the best choice to QB the PP IMO. Just as Nylander is more dangerous than Matthews on the PP with his top notch zone entries and playmaking on the Leafs, may be the same for Lilje vs. Dahlin.

Yeah let's make changes to probably the best powerplay unit in the tournament. The pressure that unit were putting on the opponents in the first 2 games was crazy. And Dahlin is part of the reason. Czechs couldn't get the puck out of their zone because that unit was all over them. Swedens PP is the absolute least of their problems. In fact if they end up going all the way, it will probably be because of how brilliant that 1st PP unit is working. Sweden had a little bit of an off game yesterday as far as special teams goes, but i don't feel that there's any reason to be concerned.

Dahlin have been pretty much flawless on that PP and he's better at dictating the play and less prone to make mistakes than Liljegren is, which is important if your PP is going to work that well. In fact, Liljegren did get to play with some of the 1st PP players in the 1st game, but was involved in a conceded goal that definitely could and should have been avoided.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017

Typical leaf fan. Liljegren is not on the same level as dahlin. Deal with it

Mar 14, 2015

Just stop it.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Ever heard of employing a 'steel-man'? It means taking the persons words for what they meant to say. The guy clearly said Dahlin is better at even strength and its not close....
Dahlin has chemistry with nylander and pettersson. No reason to make changes

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
brannstrom should run the 2nd PP unit, not Liljegren

image.jpg

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Liljegren should probably be in a 2 dman PP solution because the 4 forward solution is not working out there.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
We better win it this year because next year we will be bad. Adam boqvist only impact D and forwards seems like a big questionmark.

Reactions: felixpettersson

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

yes the best part of Liljegren's game is the PP. He's still not as good as Dahlin there and it's very obvious. Even if you're right that the biggest gap is ES play, there's still no reason for Sweden to lower the quality of their powerplay deliberately for the sake of showcasing Liljegren

Cotton

May 13, 2013
yes the best part of Liljegren's game is the PP. He's still not as good as Dahlin there and it's very obvious. Even if you're right that the biggest gap is ES play, there's still no reason for Sweden to lower the quality of their powerplay deliberately for the sake of showcasing Liljegren

Their PP was garbage yesterday and had Sweden been playing a Canada or USA they would of been dominated. Changing up the PP by limiting Dahlin, who had a meh game, and allowing another D ice-time isn’t about schowcasing him (He’s already drafted and doing great in the AHL so where’s the logic in that?), it’s about recognizing when things aren’t working and could use a shakeup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad