WJC: Sweden 2018 Roster Talk

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Will he play wing or C in this tourney? I am guessing C?
I'd like him on the wing with Andersson at C and hopefully Nylander opposite of him. That's where he's played all season and looks really comfortable. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing him at C if they are wanting to spread out the scoring by moving Andersson down.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lines vs Denmark:

Karlström-Lias-Boqvist
Fjällby-Davidsson-Glenn
Elvenes-Olofsson-D.Gustafsson
Söderlund-Lundeström-Steen
Zetterlund

Moverare-Lindström
Brännström-Westerlund
Högberg-Liljegren
Sellgren

F. Larsson
(Eriksson Ek)

Pettersson, Dahlin, Lindström, Gustavsson scratched

Is Karlstrom or Jonsson Fjallby expected to play top 6 or are they place holding for the scratches?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Is Karlstrom or Jonsson Fjallby expected to play top 6 or are they place holding for the scratches?

Karlström will likely be put in an offensive role, he could turn some heads. Fjällby will be more of a checking line player on this team. They will likely roll at least 3 lines pretty evenly as they always do.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Karlström will likely be put in an offensive role, he could turn some heads. Fjällby will be more of a checking line player on this team. They will likely roll at least 3 lines pretty evenly as they always do.

Thanks for the info. I liked both in their draft year. Wasn't sure where the Swedish coach might put them.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
according to some betting sites this team has the 3rd best odds after Canada USA and Russia

also, USA and Canada are by far favoured

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Some user from Reddit went to the game tonight. Said it ended 13-1 in favor of Sweden. Don't think there is any boxscore available for this game.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Some user from Reddit went to the game tonight. Said it ended 13-1 in favor of Sweden. Don't think there is any boxscore available for this game.

Yeah that's what I'm seeing on twitter as well. That's frightening. Was Denmark playing their best players like they normally would? Because Denmark isn't completely awful, and Sweden was resting their best couple players. Hard to judge a team off a exhibition game like that but still seeing that result might make them favorites in my mind. Canada only beat Denmark 5-2 and while we also rested some guys, IIRC Denmark did too in the 2nd half of that game.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

I know Marcus Davidsson had a goal and an assist.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
according to some betting sites this team has the 3rd best odds after Canada USA and Russia

also, USA and Canada are by far favoured

Not sure I'd really use the odds as a guideline to who's better. Even if Canada sucked there'd still be a heavy dose of people betting on them or if Finland was amazing(they kinda are) lack of people betting on them which affects the odds. It may be an ok guideline, but regardless of how good teams actually are the odds will be skewed based on who bets more and people tend to bet on their team/country more.

Reactions: Statsy

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Not sure I'd really use the odds as a guideline to who's better. Even if Canada sucked there'd still be a heavy dose of people betting on them or if Finland was amazing(they kinda are) lack of people betting on them which affects the odds. It may be an ok guideline, but regardless of how good teams actually are the odds will be skewed based on who bets more and people tend to bet on their team/country more.

this is somewhat true, but a lot of the big bettors are really shrewd

I could see Sweden being 4th if analytics believe the small ice will be a big factor

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Lundestrom also got kicked out for a bad hit, and Sweden scored on themselves for the only Denmark goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad