WJC: Sweden 2018 Roster Talk

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
You have one good exhibition game against Denmark and suddenly they will easily beat Canada? Lets not forgot Sweden has found a way to consistently choke in the medal round at this tournament, especially against Canada. Canada is coming in with the #1 goaltender in this tournament and their defense is up their as well...anything can happen when the pressure hits in the medal round.

Wasnt it a canadian poster saying that?

Reactions: helax

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I'm a bit worried that Fjällby's long hair will annoy the opposition and give them extra energy. I get annoyed seeing him out there, looks so stupid and punchable.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Assuming Nylander plays, I'd imagine Liljegren and Dahlin on the points, with Nylander, Pettersson, and Boqvist up front. Should be deadly.
Yikes! Who can defend against that. Shades of canada 2005

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Assuming Nylander plays, I'd imagine Liljegren and Dahlin on the points, with Nylander, Pettersson, and Boqvist up front. Should be deadly.

Interesting. I guess I assumed they'd be using 4 forwards (andersson, pettersson, Nylander, and _____), 1 defenseman (Dahlin/Liljegren).

Do they usually go 3-2?

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Interesting. I guess I assumed they'd be using 4 forwards (andersson, pettersson, Nylander, and _____), 1 defenseman (Dahlin/Liljegren).

Do they usually go 3-2?
If they go 4-1 I really hope Liljegren can snag the first unit, he would pile up the points. Gotta think it's Dahlin's spot to lose though.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

Do they usually go 3-2?

I would go 3-2 in a tournament when players do not have a lot of experience with each other. It is not like they don't have several D who could be on there.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Its almost always better to go 4 forwards and 1 defensmen. 9 times out of 10 the extra forward has better hands and offensive ability than the defensmen to drive a lane to get a scoring chance.

Reactions: Raymoondo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad