Prospect Info: Sven Andrighetto (Re-Called)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Today Pee-air McGwire was on 690 saying his bit like he does daily, was talking of Ghetto saying he would be flabbergasted (sic) if Ghetto ever becomes a regular top 6 in the league, at least on a contending/winning team. He's a depth player, he said.

I highly disagree. Ghetto has many tools, high end hockey IQ. Everytime I've seen him in a top 6 role, he's done really nice things to get the offense going. The kid is still very young and raw. I can easily see him become a regular winger on a winning team on a 2nd line. He isn't first line material (although time could prove me wrong), but to say he doesn't have 2nd line potential is pushing it. IMO, he can become better than DD (in his hayday, I have to precise here).

Anyone agree with Pee-air and I'm being a homer here?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Today Pee-air McGwire was on 690 saying his bit like he does daily, was talking of Ghetto saying he would be flabbergasted (sic) if Ghetto ever becomes a regular top 6 in the league, at least on a contending/winning team. He's a depth player, he said.

I highly disagree. Ghetto has many tools, high end hockey IQ. Everytime I've seen him in a top 6 role, he's done really nice things to get the offense going. The kid is still very young and raw. I can easily see him become a regular winger on a winning team on a 2nd line. He isn't first line material (although time could prove me wrong), but to say he doesn't have 2nd line potential is pushing it. IMO, he can become better than DD (in his hayday, I have to precise here).

it's still too early to say either way definitively. i've been wrestling with that myself. It really matters how much room he still has to improve. I like what I see so far. I'm not completely sold that he can be THAT much better though.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Andrighetto is the perfect example that a an offensive player from the AHLer should be given an offensive role (top 6) with the big club. Calling them up to play them on 8 min on the fourth line is the best way to kill their confidence and we used to do that a lot.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
2.0 PPG in the Q and in the playoffs

PPG in the AHL this year

Doing great right now, keep him there.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Smart player, I'm impressed. If he can be consistent, we got ourselves a top 6 player.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

I don't think you're being a homer, you raise a number of good points. As we have seen in the last few games Andrighetto has the skill and speed to be a good 2nd/3rd line offensive player. His pass to Galchenyuk in the Dallas game is an example of his skill.

I think Pierre is way off to the mark to say he's a depth player. A depth player is Matteau or Brown. I think Androghetto can end up being at least a 3rd line winger. He has the two traits you want in a offensive winger. Speed and skill and that should make him effective.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't think you're being a homer, you raise a number of good points. As we have seen in the last few games Andrighetto has the skill and speed to be a good 2nd/3rd line offensive player. His pass to Galchenyuk in the Dallas game is an example of his skill.

I think Pierre is way off to the mark to say he's a depth player. A depth player is Matteau or Brown. I think Androghetto can end up being at least a 3rd line winger. He has the two traits you want in a offensive winger. Speed and skill and that should make him effective.

He had another assist like that tonight on Chucky's second goal. Like I said, I like his hockey IQ, he doesn't just have skill and speed, he also knows when/where to go and when/where to pass, and IMO he'll just get better at it as he develops more.

Locks

May 28, 2005
To start off on Pierre's Ghetto prediction, let me just bring up a few player predictions that Pierre made over the years.

- Mike Ribeiro would be breaking down because he was so frail. Yeah, still breaking down.
- That Pacio would be the next Mike McPhee. McPhee was a good third liner back then who topped out at 43 points when top players scored over 100 points.
- Emelin, already developed at 25 yo, was a good #3. More like a good #5
- Marcel Hossa would be a spectacular player in the NHL. Maybe in the KHL

Hence, I would not be betting the farm on Pierre's predictions. Ghetto has the speed, the hands, the shot and IQ to be a solid offensive contributor in my opinion. Time will tell where exactly he will end up.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
To start off on Pierre's Ghetto prediction, let me just bring up a few player predictions that Pierre made over the years.

- Mike Ribeiro would be breaking down because he was so frail. Yeah, still breaking down.
- That Pacio would be the next Mike McPhee. McPhee was a good third liner back then who topped out at 43 points when top players scored over 100 points.

Hence, I would not be betting the farm on Pierre's predictions. Ghetto has the speed, the hands, the shot and IQ to be a solid offensive contributor in my opinion. Time will tell where exactly he will end up.

Yeah, I'm not surprised, thanks for the refresh on his history.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The best advice/prediction from McGuire was the habs should have traded PK Subban for the 2012 first overall pick (Yakupov).

Such great hindsight this guy!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If Andrighetto+Eller nets you an established 50+ point LW, do you do it? I feel Andrighetto's worth to MTL would be more in terms of a trade.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

He seems to have some skill. Not sure if he's good enough to be a top 6 regular but he can definitely fill in there. I think I like Carr a little better. Doesn't seem to have the same skill but has a nose for the net.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He seems to have some skill. Not sure if he's good enough to be a top 6 regular but he can definitely fill in there. I think I like Carr a little better. Doesn't seem to have the same skill but has a nose for the net.

With two goal scorers like Chucky and Pac, although they can both pass really good, we would need someone who's more on the playmaking side. Carr is better suited to play with guys like Pleks and DD. Scherback is also a good playmaker. Him and Ghetto would be better suited with Pac and Chucky.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This guy is a top-six winger. One of the ones we've been needing. We just need one more, IMO.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto (the chemistry is undeniable, IMO)
??? - Plekanec - Gallagher

I always thought Ghetto would be a fit in our top-six. I don't think he's suited for the bottom-six. Top-six is where he fits and he's proven he can hack it there, IMO, even if it's just for the chemistry with Chucky. Obviously if we can land someone better, awesome, but I wouldn't have a problem with Ghetto being in that spot to start next season.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Not to mention the whole ''Subban for 2nd Overall'' comment. Yeesh.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

I don't think what he said is crazy. Andrighetto would be a really good offensive 3rd line winger on a contender with the ability to move up the lineup when needed. Different degrees of depth. Matteau, Lessio, Danault, etc are all a different kind of depth forward.

Maybe Andrighetto has what it takes to be a consistant top 6 forward, we'll see, all I'm saying that to Pierre's claim that Andrighetto would be "scoring"(my words) depth on a good team isn't outrageous.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Looks at the players that have played in Chicagos top 6 in the past few years and I think you'll see that complimentary players can work well in a contending teams top 6.

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
About Ghetto, I actually like the comparison between him and Tatar. They have the same size, a similar toolbox and had a similar production at the same age. It's not far-fetched they become similar players over time even if Tatar will probably the best career of the two when everything will be said and done.

I see him as a regular top-9 starting as soon as now with a real top6 potential over time. Next year he will probably be a middle 6 guy with his downs and lows.

Edit : a plus for him : he seems to have a good chemistry with both Plekanec and Galchenyuk which may help him become a solid top 6 winger.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Looks at the players that have played in Chicagos top 6 in the past few years and I think you'll see that complimentary players can work well in a contending teams top 6.

The difference in Chicago is that they have two 10 million dollar forwards. We don't have that luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln