NFL GDT: Super Bowl LVIII: (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs vs. (NFC) San Francisco 49ers

KC vs SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Boss did a good job of setting the edge tonight. Impossible to do that AND rush the QB.
Was disciplined the whole game save for going for a sack on that 16-16 drive in the RZ.

Guess, the next thing for KC is who their opening night opponent will be. Den, LAC, LV, Hou, Cin, Bal, NO, TB.

Detroit was a surprise selection last season, so, they could repeat that with Houston as the opening night opponent with how their season went this year and hold the Lamar/Burrow games for later in the season.

Doesn't need to be the best game, but should be somewhat interesting.

It’s a true point, and as we reflect on the game, Grenlaw out is a really huge point too, the SF D prior to that was giving nothing.
Such a freak injury to Greenlaw. At first, I was like, there is no way he's on a special teams. Then saw it was him coming onto the field.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
And Captain Comeback in SD. Maybe Skippy McVeigh in LA.

But there’s no question that Shanahan is a top five coach in the NFL.
Shanahan isn't a top 5 coach. Not even close.

He is only in his current situation because his Father was a successful coach.

I can give many examples of his stupidity.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
But what good is he if he directly loses them SB's?

This is not just a coincidence anymore. It's who he is.

If I'm SF, and you think you have a chance next year, I'd fire Shanahan and hire Belichick.

Belichick would never take that offer - - he’s way too tight with the Shanahan family.

Not enough people appreciate the miracle that Shanahan has accomplished in the past two years.

Going to the NFL championship with a worthless 7th round rookie as the starting QB and then following it up with a trip to the Super Bowl is an almost unbelievable accomplishment.

Please list the five ahead of him. I’ve already given you three.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto

You don’t get to four Conference Finals and two SB’s in five years by chance. Come on.

Andy Reid

Reactions: Donnie740

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Please list the five ahead of him. I’ve already given you three.
My pet cat would have won the Super Bowl if they were play-caller instead of Shanahan in the Patriots-Falcons Super Bowl.

I am very serious about this. My cat would have done a better job.

Same for the Chiefs-49ers Super Bowl a few years ago.

He can't call plays.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Flatbrim is a coward and clown. Him punting on 4th and a short 2 against the Rams at their 45 confirmed to me he doesnt have what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
My pet cat would have won the Super Bowl if they were play-caller instead of Shanahan in the Patriots-Falcons Super Bowl.

He can't call plays.

Aside from your puss, what five coaches would you take ahead of Kyle Shanahan?

How about Bozo the Sirianni and his historical collapse this year?

Maybe Spanky McDermott who’s never even gotten to the Super Bowl?

Mike McCarthy and his first round flops?

Let’s hear your top five coaches.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I’m not sure how much more alcohol I can take tonight. I feel like a lot to help with the hurt, but there’s a rational adult part of my brain that is fighting that feeling.

Going to grab a shot of Crown and see if that clarifies it.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Flatbrim is a coward and clown. Him punting on 4th and a short 2 against the Rams at their 45 confirmed to me he doesnt have what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

I despise the 49ers, so I’d be thrilled if they fire Shanahan tonight. Then they can return to the glory years of Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I’m not sure how much more alcohol I can take tonight. I feel like a lot to help with the hurt, but there’s a rational adult part of my brain that is fighting that feeling.

Going to grab a shot of Crown and see if that clarifies it.
The only thing worse than the buildup to this game is when your team loses :laugh:. Totally understand.

Reactions: Squiffy

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s obviously extremely difficult to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs. You see they can get out of sorts. Creating mistakes is possible. Obviously that’s harder when it gets to winning time, but you gotta be ready to attack and score touchdowns when they do make a mistake. We did see the Bengals run them down trailing by 18 points.

The margins are so close, how close are we to Mahomes having zero Super Bowls? Basically the same margin we are to him having 6. Elite QB’s have lost to him the same as QB’s who are, at best, not better than Joe Burrow.

There’s a punt, a blocked PAT, a fumble, just one of those things go the 49ers way, no one talking about how ‘you can’t beat Mahomes with a guy like Brock Purdy’ because the actual one would have done just that.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

He can't call plays.
I would like to see Garfield take the helm for a season... pick random plays with the touch of a paw...

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
But what good is he if he directly loses them SB's?

This is not just a coincidence anymore. It's who he is.

If I'm SF, and you think you have a chance next year, I'd fire Shanahan and hire Belichick.
Hang with me here. This may seem wrong but just give it a thought.

Kyles(Shannahan and Rittenhouse) out.

Bill and Tom in.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s obviously extremely difficult to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs. You see they can get out of sorts. Creating mistakes is possible. Obviously that’s harder when it gets to winning time, but you gotta be ready to attack and score touchdowns when they do make a mistake. We did see the Bengals run them down trailing by 18 points.

The margins are so close, how close are we to Mahomes having zero Super Bowls? Basically the same margin we are to him having 6. Elite QB’s have lost to him the same as QB’s who are, at best, not better than Joe Burrow.

There’s a punt, a blocked PAT, a fumble, just one of those things go the 49ers way, no one talking about how ‘you can’t beat Mahomes with a guy like Brock Purdy’ because the actual one would have done just that.

He also might have four by now if the the playoff rules were different in his first run versus the Pats and Brady or if Dee Ford hadn’t been called for having a finger one centimeter over the line if scrimmage.

Heck…maybe he has five if the Chiefs don’t inexplicably let off the gas after thrashing the Bengals for a half in that AFC title game that they were absolutely cruising in
Six…that may be pushing it. No way they were beating that Bucs team with their O-line injuries and Brady on the other side.

Brady may have 9 SBs if the Giants don’t pull crap out of their butt or he may have far less if the Seahawks and Falcons don’t gift the Pats SB wins (hell - add the first one with the Rams to that list).

(Not disagreeing with your point…)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As a die hard Raider fan, I can’t hate on Mahomes.
Guys legit, to be the man gotta beat the man.

Guys in a roll, respect. Raiders have to do their thing next year.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
SF needs a better option at QB. The moment KC showed they weren’t letting the run game beat them was the moment the game was over. Purdy doesn’t make the major league throws needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad