NFL GDT: Super Bowl LVIII: (AFC) Kansas City Chiefs vs. (NFC) San Francisco 49ers

KC vs SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
one game? our defense was dominant all season. we didnt give up 30 points in a game once this entire season. held the fins to 14 and 7, held the bills and allen to 24, held the ravens to 10, the eagles 21, lions 14 (7 was a pick), could keep going but yea. definitely the best defense in the league

“much better season” aka one more win in a weaker conference
Lol, 17.3 points allowed vs SF 17.5, yeah, light-years better. Miami was a fraud, and you split with Buffalo(and lost to them when they were semi healthy). Lost to the Lions, Raiders and Broncos as well. You may have given up 21 to Philly, cool, still lost that game too(at home no less). Defense was very good, but not best in the league good. The Chiefs also had a decent, but not great offense this year(SF was definitely better). San Fran was also the better team for most of the year, so yeah, you proclaiming that K.C. has the best defense and the game's a win for them is a nice homer opinion,.but just that. I heard the same thing before the AFC title game 2 years ago and against the Bucs in the SB, and those worked out well for K.C.... Maybe they win, but SF has been the overall better and more well rounded team this year.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Regular season performance means very little at this stage
It's a better indicator of who the teams are and what they are capable of, even if not a perfect reflection of how they are playing as of today.

In any case, the Chiefs have glaring issues on offence. Against the Dolphins they moved the ball well but couldn't finish drives. Against the Ravens the offence completely vanished in the second half (a problem that has persisted all season).

This is a dangerous game and the defence has been able to bail them out, but the 49ers are absolutely loaded at every position on offence so the defence might not be able to bail them out this time.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The league certainly got the Hollywood matchup it wanted. I wanted to see the other 2 teams.

Reactions: jcs0218

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
SF has the better overall offense position by position, and despite a couple of playoff games, the two defenses are very comparable in terms of points allowed. K.C is better against the pass while very pedestrian against the run. Niners can't be stupid and put it all in the hands of Purdy when they have CMC and Deebo able to be game changers. Niners run defense was uncharacteristically run on today, but they've been top 5 all year in that area. San Fran in a close one if they do what Baltimore didn't do and actually gameplan to their offensive strengths instead of having their QB try and play hero ball most of the game.

Lol, another pathetic take, as Mahomes is far, far from the goat.
Mahomes is statistically better than any QB has been at this stage in his career. And is undeniably the best QB in the league.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Mahomes isn’t the GOAT yet but the post showing him and Brady at year 6 is so similar it’s crazy. The thing with Brady is the longevity. Mahomes, win or lose in two weeks, has essentially kept himself on pace (it’ll either be 3-3 or 3-2 SB wins but even if it’s 3-2, Mahomes will still have an edge in SB appearances and a slight edge in stats). But to match Brady you gotta keep doing this year after year. I think Mahomes and the Chiefs are built to make that possible, but one or two down years and you will be off the Brady-pace. That’s how good Brady was.

That said, this also is by far the most “Brady-esque” year of Mahomes’ career thus far. This Chiefs team is nothing like Chiefs 1.0. This Chiefs team is pretty much a carbon copy of one of those Brady-Pats teams where he didn’t have a ton of weapons, the defense was good and they just play mistake free, clutch football. It’s just eerie to me but it shows how the best franchises and best QBs are just entirely flexible in molding their style to whatever is conducive to winning.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Mahomes isn’t the GOAT yet but the post showing him and Brady at year 6 is so similar it’s crazy. The thing with Brady is the longevity. Mahomes, win or lose in two weeks, has essentially kept himself on pace (it’ll either be 3-3 or 3-2 SB wins but even if it’s 3-2, Mahomes will still have an edge in SB appearances and a slight edge in stats). But to match Brady you gotta keep doing this year after year. I think Mahomes and the Chiefs are built to make that possible, but one or two down years and you will be off the Brady-pace. That’s how good Brady was.

That said, this also is by far the most “Brady-esque” year of Mahomes’ career thus far. This Chiefs team is nothing like Chiefs 1.0. This Chiefs team is pretty much a carbon copy of one of those Brady-Pats teams where he didn’t have a ton of weapons, the defense was good and they just play mistake free, clutch football. It’s just eerie to me but it shows how the best franchises and best QBs are just entirely flexible in molding their style to whatever is conducive to winning.

Brady's losses though largely were the fault of someone else, I'd say he was banged up with his leg in 2008 most likely though has refused to ever really use it as an excuse. Still the best CB in the last 25 years managed to drop an auto pick that ends the game, one of his best WRs in 2012 dropped a pass that likely ends the game, 2018 I'd say he was just outplayed a bit. That said, New England won 3 SBs where by far they were not the better team in the game and Brady probably had a part in that...they had zero right to beat Carolina/Philly in 2005 or Seattle...those were games they likely shoulda lost and really outplayed NYG in both losses too

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
The « Cant’ bet against Mahomes in the playoffs” is so disrespectful to Andy Reid, especially when looking at the coaching malpractice that was on display in Baltimore and San Fran (by Detroit) last night. Does anybody here seriously think Mahomes is seeing 4 SB’s in 5 years with Sean McDermott as his head coach? It’s the Mahomes and Andy Reid combo that is seemingly invincible.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
49ers have honestly gotten a bit lucky to beat both GB and Detroit. They were a force in the regular season though and guy by guy are better than KC.

KC has Mahomes though, I'll go with him.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Brady's losses though largely were the fault of someone else, I'd say he was banged up with his leg in 2008 most likely though

If you want to spin it like that, then two of Brady’s wins were the fault of historically bad decisions by Seattle and Atlanta.

In 2008, Brady just couldn’t handle a four man pass rush and getting knocked down.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Lol, 17.3 points allowed vs SF 17.5, yeah, light-years better. Miami was a fraud, and you split with Buffalo(and lost to them when they were semi healthy). Lost to the Lions, Raiders and Broncos as well. You may have given up 21 to Philly, cool, still lost that game too(at home no less). Defense was very good, but not best in the league good. The Chiefs also had a decent, but not great offense this year(SF was definitely better). San Fran was also the better team for most of the year, so yeah, you proclaiming that K.C. has the best defense and the game's a win for them is a nice homer opinion,.but just that. I heard the same thing before the AFC title game 2 years ago and against the Bucs in the SB, and those worked out well for K.C.... Maybe they win, but SF has been the overall better and more well rounded team this year.
if you really think the 9ers defense is better after watching these playoffs i’ll just let you live in your little fantasy land

the niners have given up more points in two games than the chiefs have in three LMAO

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
NFL/CBS creaming themselves over the fact they get to milk the Pfizer boy/Taylor Swift angle for another 2 weeks. An abundance of even more attention and dollar signs for this greedy ass league.

f***ing hate when the NFL gets their wish lol.
I was riding the train home in Baltimore and this random guy brings up Travis Pfizer on the train I was like 😂🤣

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Don't understand how anyone doesn't favor KC here. Best player in the league and defending champion. Mahomes simply won't let his team lose.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
if you really think the 9ers defense is better after watching these playoffs i’ll just let you live in your little fantasy land

the niners have given up more points in two games than the chiefs have in three LMAO
Game will be won/lost in the trenches. Who is going to commit and ultimately run the ball well. SF got run on by GB and Det. That's the blueprint to attack the SF D.
KC, very good vs the pass. SF has to run CMC and if needed put Deebo in the backfield as well. Each possession is going to matter. Can't be going 3 and out multiple times. Probably looking at a max of 4 possessions per half.

Can imagine both Reid and Shanny spending the next 2 weeks scripting their opening drives.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Don't understand how anyone doesn't favor KC here. Best player in the league and defending champion. Mahomes simply won't let his team lose.

The Travis Pfizer/Taylor Swiffer saturation makes it tough to like KC, but as a life long Giants fan I’ve always despised the 49ers.

I’d also like to see Andy Reid surpass Belichick and Mahoney surpass Brady, so that’s another reason to support KC.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: