Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
O8TZcOl.gif

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Happy that hes getting a call up. Ill hold my breath until he actually plays decent minutes in a game though.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Damn. I was excited to see if Sundqvist could live up to the high standard he set in preseason, but I'll be at the Jets game tomorrow instead.

Hope the kid kills it.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I still love that story about how Sundqvist was terrified when Sid started talking to him during camp one year. Hopefully he doesn't get too star struck during games :laugh:

I hope Sundqvist gets to see the best in the world carry himself as a professional. I suspect Oskar will see more minutes on Saturday against Florida.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Pretty excited for this. Sundqvist is one of the more intriguing guys I think we've had, as he has a pretty good package of skills, size, and disposition.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Looking forward to seeing this kid.

Porter
Sheary
Kuhn
Rust
Wilson
Sundqvist

Hopefully this puts an end to the 'this team never plays young guys' talk that permeates this board. 6 AHLers in the lineup, and still no Plotnikov. Wow

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'd imagine there's gonna be a "holy ****, I'm in the NHL" adjustment period. I just hope he's allowed to play through it, and finds the confidence to play like he can.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I still love that story about how Sundqvist was terrified when Sid started talking to him during camp one year. Hopefully he doesn't get too star struck during games :laugh:
Damn it. I missed that one. :laugh:

Damn. I was excited to see if Sundqvist could live up to the high standard he set in preseason, but I'll be at the Jets game tomorrow instead.

Hope the kid kills it.
They might keep his minutes low for his first game anyway.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If we have Bonino and Fehr back you are asking Sundqvist to play out of his position as a rookie. Let him play 16 minutes in the AHL instead of 7 or 8 in the NHL. It'll be better long term. He's only 21.

Sundqvist played more wing than center on his team in Sweden. Ideally we'd have him develop into a center for us, but I don't think playing him at wing would be playing him out of position exactly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad