Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Don’t disrespect Hernandez like that. Who was better than him in 2018 that could have been there instead? Pavard I understand.
They had nobody on the right either. Plus, both Pavard and Lucas gave them a lot of grit, which the team lacked in other departments.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don’t disrespect Hernandez like that. Who was better than him in 2018 that could have been there instead? Pavard I understand.
Plenty.
Lucas isn't a LB.
We have Mendy, Mendy, Digne, Theo Hernández and so many others.
All LB.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Plenty.
Lucas isn't a LB.
We have Mendy, Mendy, Digne, Theo Hernández and so many others.
All LB.
How good were Theo Hernandez and Ferland Mendy in 2018? Not very established. Digne isn’t much better and Benjamin Mendy always has a bozo, braindead mistake in him.

In 2021, Mendy isn’t much better than Lucas Hernandez. Theo is more dynamic but worse defensively. Lucas Hernadez definately isn’t much of a problem.

Reactions: luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
How good were Theo Hernandez and Ferland Mendy in 2018? Not very established. Digne isn’t much better and Benjamin Mendy always has a bozo, braindead mistake in him.

In 2021, Mendy isn’t much better than Lucas Hernandez. Theo is more dynamic but worse defensively. Lucas Hernadez definately isn’t much of a problem.

Theo was very established. Everyone was loving his loan stint at Alaves and thought he was a sure thing to be world class.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy and cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Was Mukiele ready for the NT in 2018? Not starting him this summer was dumb, but back then he was just 20 & had the one season playing higher than the 3rd division.
Not sure why you bring up 2018 I didn't.
But yeah he was ready. Dubois also.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Theo was very established. Everyone was loving his loan stint at Alaves and thought he was a sure thing to be world class.
”Loan stint at Alaves” might be the key word there. His brother was an established Atletico Madrid starter and had a great World Cup. Absolutely no reason to complain about Lucas.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

All are better LB. And were in 2018.
As for Ferland Mendy not being better than Lucas at LB in 2021 I Loled.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
”Loan stint at Alaves” might be the key word there. His brother was an established Atletico Madrid starter and had a great World Cup. Absolutely no reason to complain about Lucas.

Theo and Marcos Llorente carried their team to a cup final when everyone was paying attention. They won the WC but that doesn't change the fact there were better options.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
All are better LB. And were in 2018.
As for Ferland Mendy not being better than Lucas at LB in 2021 I Loled.
I don’t see why Ferland is so highly rated by you. He’s great defensively and amazing at defending counter attacks but not a huge offensive threat. Isn’t that your problem with Hernandez? He’s obviously much faster than Hernandez but why is he a better player?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I agree, but I'd be tempted for less than 60 million right now. I'd sell for him 40 million all things considered.
I just don’t see a need for it. They bought him for 20 to finally replace alves. I don’t see anyone who can at the moment. Making 20 mill isn’t going to save barca. Nor is it bringing haaland. Keep him he might finally answer our prayers. If he fails he can get someone to take a flyer on a marketable American player

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I just don’t see a need for it. They bought him for 20 to finally replace alves. I don’t see anyone who can at the moment. Making 20 mill isn’t going to save barca. Nor is it bringing haaland. Keep him he might finally answer our prayers. If he fails he can get someone to take a flyer on a marketable American player

I think Bayern is just trying to take advantage of the financial situation.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don’t see why Ferland is so highly rated by you. He’s great defensively and amazing at defending counter attacks but not a huge offensive threat. Isn’t that your problem with Hernandez? He’s obviously much faster than Hernandez but why is he a better player?
Ferland is not a huge offensive threat.
Come on now. Just say you never watched him, we'll gain some time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Because they were talking about the WC, which was 2018.
And not me. I said they suck. Then the other posted said I disrespected some players that won "me" the WC.
LOL. As if all 2018 players were world class :facepalm:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And not me. I said they suck. Then the other posted said I disrespected some players that won "me" the WC.
LOL. As if all 2018 players were world class :facepalm:

I get that you didn't bring up the WM. But I think what better options you had in 2018 is an interesting conversation that the thread had transitioned to.

...at least more interesting than discussing your alternatives for these euros; as not playing proper FBs when you had Mukiele & Theo, was some Jogi-level stupidity/arrogance.

Agreed that the "they won you a trophy so shut up" stuff is silly.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ferland is not a huge offensive threat.
Come on now. Just say you never watched him, we'll gain some time.
He really isn’t anything special offensively. Don’t think Ferland is a top 5 LB because of that. Also find his touch quite poor for a fullback starting for Real Madrid.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I get that you didn't bring up the WM. But I think what better options you had in 2018 is an interesting conversation that the thread had transitioned to.

...at least more interesting than discussing your alternatives for these euros; as not playing proper FBs when you had Mukiele & Theo, was some Jogi-level stupidity/arrogance.

Agreed that the "they won you a trophy so shut up" stuff is silly.
Well Ferland would have been better than Lucas in 2018.
But Lucas had an adequate WC, so that's fine.
As of today, though DD should put an end to the 4 CBs experiment.

At RB, Dubois is MUCH better than Pavard offensively, and is just as fragile defensively.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He really isn’t anything special offensively. Don’t think Ferland is a top 5 LB because of that. Also find his touch quite poor for a fullback starting for Real Madrid.
Yes you clearly don't watch him.
Ferland is one of the best LBs in the game. He's solid defensively and has made some strides. He's excellent offensively and deadly in transition.
He's also versatile enough to play RB if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad