Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
$10M+ is going to be nice to see how Vermes spends it.

Luckily he plays positions that aren't dependent on having a great team. Not like he's a 9 that needs great service or anything.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I just don’t see a need for it. They bought him for 20 to finally replace alves. I don’t see anyone who can at the moment. Making 20 mill isn’t going to save barca. Nor is it bringing haaland. Keep him he might finally answer our prayers. If he fails he can get someone to take a flyer on a marketable American player

Like I said, I’m not advocating we sell him but he does have a price and it’s less than 60 million. 20 million right now is a lot money and I don’t see him as marketable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The Mendy one that plays for Real is probably the 2nd best LB in the world after LFC one. However, neither of them are at the stage that Marcelo was at the same age. Marcelo is one of the top 5 LB's of all-time easily.

Knicks just finished top 4 in the east,
Now I don't really know basketball because I dislike superteam leagues, but what I do know is that the Knicks would not be a top 6-7 team in the west.

It has nothing to do with Arsenal's pull or lack thereof. If you don't want to leave Italy, do you care if it's Arsenal or Chelsea?
Well, there's only two clubs in for him at the moment though! Arsenal and Juve (who are poor), it's eerie similar to the Lacazette situation where all he had was Arsenal and Atletico. Then Atletico got transfer banned and the only place he could've gone was London. If Juventus is too poor for Locatelli, then the only logical choice for him is the properly mighty club. Now with that said, I highly doubt he'll stay long-term at our club, but I have no problem buying him, seeing what happens when we sack Arteta, and then sell him for double amount in the future. That's how KFC was able to build their CL winning squad entirely in the first place. Smart buys after Barca decided to go all "oil money" in after Coutinho. Side note, but it's nice to see them finally go broke lol.

The Knicks don't have those pieces for the future.
NBA itself is a horrible wonderkid league since it's all about superteams when you make it to free agency, they've had to have the most top 5 busts in comparison to any other major sports league worth mentioning in this sentence. They've also had an insane amount of top European busts too!

Getting rid of Dest would be really dumb
I heard that ter Stegen is another option that Barca could sell to balance the books. Not sure I would want that if I was a Barca fan.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Mendy one that plays for Real is probably the 2nd best LB in the world after LFC one. However, neither of them are at the stage that Marcelo was at the same age. Marcelo is one of the top 5 LB's of all-time easily.

Now I don't really know basketball because I dislike superteam leagues, but what I do know is that the Knicks would not be a top 6-7 team in the west.

Well, there's only two clubs in for him at the moment though! Arsenal and Juve (who are poor), it's eerie similar to the Lacazette situation where all he had was Arsenal and Atletico. Then Atletico got transfer banned and the only place he could've gone was London. If Juventus is too poor for Locatelli, then the only logical choice for him is the properly mighty club. Now with that said, I highly doubt he'll stay long-term at our club, but I have no problem buying him, seeing what happens when we sack Arteta, and then sell him for double amount in the future. That's how KFC was able to build their CL winning squad entirely in the first place. Smart buys after Barca decided to go all "oil money" in after Coutinho. Side note, but it's nice to see them finally go broke lol.

NBA itself is a horrible wonderkid league since it's all about superteams when you make it to free agency, they've had to have the most top 5 busts in comparison to any other major sports league worth mentioning in this sentence. They've also had an insane amount of top European busts too!

I heard that ter Stegen is another option that Barca could sell to balance the books. Not sure I would want that if I was a Barca fan.

I admire the way you don't let a lack of knowledge on a given subject prevent you from pontificating about it at length :sarcasm:

Reactions: East Coast Bias

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well Ferland would have been better than Lucas in 2018.
But Lucas had an adequate WC, so that's fine.
As of today, though DD should put an end to the 4 CBs experiment.

At RB, Dubois is MUCH better than Pavard offensively, and is just as fragile defensively.

Yeah. I understood it more from Jogi as a way to compensate for our CBs not being as good & for his reckless midfield set ups...but DD using it was just lunacy.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I admire the way you don't let a lack of knowledge on a given subject prevent you from pontificating about it at length :sarcasm:
Just based on the talk from my friends who know a lot more than I do. I wouldn't say I am clueless, but if you were to ask me who was the most underrated player on each club I would probably give you G-League names or something lol. My favourite player in the current NBA is Anthony Davis because he's this generation of Tim Duncan, who was my favourite player of all time.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Just to make clear Liverpool spent 130m net plus Coutinho money. They did that because they saved their money for two summers in anticipation of a spending spree. Like a responsible club should do.

FWIW Sassuolo doesn't have to sell anyone. They have money and are owned by a rich corporation. I think very clearly Locatelli will go to one of the Italian giants because that's what always happens. Might not be this summer though.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Why would you sign him for longer? I find it hard to believe that a 33/34 year old Henderson will be very useful for Liverpool.

The worst thing Liverpool can do is to hold on to the "old guard" too long. And I really don't think losing Henderson's leadership will be an issue. a) new leaders step up when the old ones disappear (assuming the ground work is done) b) Liverpool got a bunch of players +- 30. As long as they got van Dijk they will be fine in terms of leadership. If you want to keep someone around for the sake of it then just let Milner hang around.

Reactions: gary69

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yes you clearly don't watch him.
Ferland is one of the best LBs in the game. He's solid defensively and has made some strides. He's excellent offensively and deadly in transition.
He's also versatile enough to play RB if needed.
He couldn't start consistently over the ghost of Marcelo until this year. Ferland is an average player.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He couldn't start consistently over the ghost of Marcelo until this year. Ferland is an average player.
He's above average and very solid but as I said nothing special offensively and not a very smart or technically gifted player in possession. He's elite at defending counter attacks, basically a left back version of Kyle Walker. I would take these guys over Mendy though

Robertson
Tierney
Shaw
Theo Hernandez
Digne
Alba
Probably Lucas Hernandez, Gaya and Zinchenko too. On his day I also prefer Reguilon.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
He's above average and very solid but as I said nothing special offensively and not a very smart or technically gifted player in possession. He's elite at defending counter attacks, basically a left back version of Kyle Walker. I would take these guys over Mendy though

Robertson
Tierney
Shaw
Theo Hernandez
Digne
Alba
Probably Lucas Hernandez, Gaya and Zinchenko too.
I've never watched him at Lyon, probably Evilo's great impression of him comes from there. But I've been watching him quite a lot these last couple of years at Real, and not even once I've found myself saying "what a great cross for Ferland (only 4 assists in 70+ matches at Real), what a great tackle and absolutely never what a great game". Lucas on the other hand is a beast defensively, and decent offensively. Only thing Ferland does better than Lucas is dribble.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I've never watched him at Lyon, probably Evilo's great impression of him comes from there. But I've been watching him quite a lot these last couple of years at Real, and not even once I've found myself saying "what a great cross for Ferland (only 4 assists in 70+ matches at Real), what a great tackle and absolutely never what a great game". Lucas on the other hand is a beast defensively, and decent offensively. Only thing Ferland does better than Lucas is dribble.
I often think he's good defensively and he makes some great tackles but I agree with most of what you are saying. I rarely think he does anything impressive with the ball, and he looks stiff and awkward in the final third. Not good technically. Mendy shouldn't make the France squad and as I implied I am not sure he is a top 10 LB. Don't understand the hype from Evilo.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Lucas Hernandez started 72 games in his career at LB. He's made an average of 2.7 successful tackles per game, without having the chance to pad his stats for a couple of years in the weaker French league, like Ferland did. Mendy's number is a bit over half of that, 1.5 tackles won per match. No contest.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:laugh:
He started 26 liga games this year (Marcelo 16) and 25 the year before (Marcelo 15).
Also started most CL games two years ago and all of them or so this year.

Get your facts straight. Since he came in to Real two years ago, Mendy is starting over Marcelo.

LOL.

Just because you have a bad memory doesn't mean you can use it as an "argument".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad