Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Fact. And all of those players who disagree are just jealous/intimidated...just like all of those stars who don't have the balls to play for the knicks!
I mean I don't want to get over what is better, but personally I would take Lake Como over London. However, nobody can disagree about London being a top city and playing for a club as big as ours can definitely be intimidating because the standard is so freakin' high. I know you'll include your Blood Money FC and QPR jokes, but the biggest let-down is our owners. Their are probably 85 billionaires out there that would treat the Arsenal with respect and your Knicks (aka would actually invest in them and hire smart people to be around them).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean I don't want to get over what is better, but personally I would take Lake Como over London. However, nobody can disagree about London being a top city and playing for a club as big as ours can definitely be intimidating because the standard is so freakin' high. I know you'll include your Blood Money FC and QPR jokes, but the biggest let-down is our owners. Their are probably 85 billionaires out there that would treat the Arsenal with respect and your Knicks (aka would actually invest in them and hire smart people to be around them).

Preaching to the choir. If not for Dolan, the Knicks would be the kings of the NBA world; everyone wants to play at the Mecca of Basketball...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Preaching to the choir. If not for Dolan, the Knicks would be the kings of the NBA world; everyone wants to play at the Mecca of Basketball...
I get that basketball is ultra popular in New York parks, but it's one of the few towns where baseball is actually king (not sure how that's possible because it's baseball, but it exists). I think Los Angeles would be the Mecca of basketball, no?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I get that basketball is ultra popular in New York parks, but it's one of the few towns where baseball is actually king (not sure how that's possible because it's baseball, but it exists). I think Los Angeles would be the Mecca of basketball, no?

This is kinda ruining my joke completely, but what the hell, been a while since I talked basketball, and for once the Knicks have a FO & HC who have yet to prove themselves either incompetent or impatient.

Boston & LA have had the most NBA success...by far...but New York is the heart of the sport in a way that no place is the heart of football just because of how much more of a global game it is. Even though the team has been a joke since the Twin Towers were still a thing; New Yorkers still have the most passion & knowledge for the sport, and players still revert to little children when they gush about playing at the Garden.

That's the reason Dolan can continue to just print money despite having had 2 successful seasons in the past 20 years & repeatedly demonstrating to the public how much he sucks as a humanbeing...why New York was the only team Jordan wanted to play for when he was done with Chicago for good, and why it was the only place other than LA that LeBron considered finishing his career in.

Reactions: AB13 and S E P H

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This is kinda ruining my joke completely, but what the hell, been a while since I talked basketball, and for once the Knicks have a FO & HC who have yet to prove themselves either incompetent or impatient.

Boston & LA have had the most NBA success...by far...but New York is the heart of the sport in a way that no place is the heart of football just because of how much more of a global game football is. Even though the team has been a joke since the Twin Towers were still a thing, New Yorkers still have the most passion & knowledge for the sport, and players still revert to little children when they gush about playing at the Garden.

There's a reason Dolan can continue to just print money despite having had 2 successful seasons in the past 20 years & repeatedly demonstrating to the public how much he sucks as a humanbeing.
The Rucker Park/street culture element of the city is perfect for basketball. Pick up games in the park are great, even it's been oppressively hot the last few weeks.

Reactions: cgf

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Boston & LA have had the most NBA success...by far...but New York is the heart of the sport in a way that no place is the heart of football just because of how much more of a global game it is. Even though the team has been a joke since the Twin Towers were still a thing; New Yorkers still have the most passion & knowledge for the sport, and players still revert to little children when they gush about playing at the Garden.

That's the reason Dolan can continue to just print money despite having had 2 successful seasons in the past 20 years & repeatedly demonstrating to the public how much he sucks as a humanbeing...why New York was the only team Jordan wanted to play for when he was done with Chicago for good, and why it was the only place other than LA that LeBron considered finishing his career in.
I'm a Knicks fan who used to live in New York for a bit, and yeah, you are right about New York City being the Mecca of basketball. The Knicks obviously don't have the historical prestige of Arsenal though, almost no sports team on earth has that, so there is a difference. Arsenal are by miles the most historically successful football team in one of the worlds biggest footballing cities, and the Knicks have been shit for so long as you know. And even though Arsenal are in their worst position in 40 years we are still way better off than the Knicks of course. I get that you are joking though.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm a Knicks fan who used to live in New York for a bit, and yeah, you are right about New York City being the Mecca of basketball. The Knicks obviously don't have the historical prestige of Arsenal though, almost no sports team on earth has that, so there is a difference. Arsenal are by miles the most historically successful football team in one of the worlds biggest footballing cities, and the Knicks have been shit for so long as you know. And even though Arsenal are in their worst position in 40 years we are still way better off than the Knicks of course.

:dunno: Knicks just finished top 4 in the east, when was the last time Arsenal saw the CL in person? If Rose can continue patiently building the team up like he has since taking over, the teams current positions are a lot more similar than you would like.

...now, knowing the Knicks, Dolan is going to get pissed that he's not getting enough credit & ruin everything tomorrow, but until that happens the two teams are in very similar positions.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Romano isn't always right, but you can't simply discredit him either. Locatelli could be using the Arsenal front to get more wages' and structure than Juve. I am with AB13 though, hard to see him stay at Sassuolo especially when London could be your home if it isn't Lake Como. Not saying you, but people once again underrating Arsenal's pull as a club; they're one of the top teams in one of the top locations of one of the top cities on Earth.

It has nothing to do with Arsenal's pull or lack thereof. If you don't want to leave Italy, do you care if it's Arsenal or Chelsea?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Where would they have finished in the west?
5th or 6th. Not sure which, but IIRC they were clear of the play-in in either conference.

EDIT:
NVM. Though just 1 game behind 5th seeded Dallas, we would've ended up dropping to 8th in the west...as 5-7 all finished 42-30, ahead of our 41-31.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
:dunno: Knicks just finished top 4 in the east, when was the last time Arsenal saw the CL in person? If Rose can continue patiently building the team up like he has since taking over, the teams current positions are a lot more similar than you would like.

...now, knowing the Knicks, Dolan is going to get pissed that he's not getting enough credit & ruin everything tomorrow, but until that happens the two teams are in very similar positions.
Arsenal have one of the best academies in the world and a great young core with a very talented roster though. The Knicks don't have those pieces for the future. Sure, Arsenal have missed the CL for four years now. Arsenal however have won 4 of the last 8 FA Cups and in my opinion will probably finish top 4 this season if Arteta gets sacked in time. If Arteta and Edu don't do irreversible damage in the transfer market we have one of the best young cores in Europe going forwards. But I agree that Arsenal are in our worst position in 40 years

Reactions: S E P H

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sport is suggesting a Dest-loan for Bayern. Though I suspect they're just spitballing because Bayern was scouting Dest before he picked Barca, Barca is cutting wages, and Bayern have said they don't have the money for another big transfer this summer.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
5th or 6th. Not sure which, but IIRC they were clear of the play-in in either conference.

EDIT:
NVM. Though just 1 game behind 5th seeded Dallas, we would've ended up dropping to 8th in the west...as 5-7 all finished 42-30, ahead of our 41-31.
Yeah and I don’t think they would have that record in the west but I digress.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sport is suggesting a Dest-loan for Bayern. Though I suspect they're just spitballing because Bayern was scouting Dest before he picked Barca, Barca is cutting wages, and Bayern have said they don't have the money for another big transfer this summer.

There's also the fact that Emerson is at the club now too and so Dest may be considered surplus to requirements if Sergi isn't offloaded. Might be very much like Trincao where the player is moved for financial reasons more than anything. Were it me my focus would be on clearing the decks of the bigger salaries and dead wood guys before moving Dest. If they really got rid of the players I would that would leave room for Dest, Emerson and Sergi (who can also play in midfield, though he needs to take a serious pay cut). Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than just spitballing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean context matters but right now I wouldnt touch dest see what you have in the player. He’s done alright his first season. No one will mistake him for alves but he could be really good. I’d keep him unless it’s like 60 mill Or soemthing stupid.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No need for Bayern to splurge on Dest or Mazraoui, they can just wait for Wolfsburg to miss out on the CL & swoop for Baku when they're flush again next summer :yo:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I mean context matters but right now I wouldnt touch dest see what you have in the player. He’s done alright his first season. No one will mistake him for alves but he could be really good. I’d keep him unless it’s like 60 mill Or soemthing stupid.

I agree, but I'd be tempted for less than 60 million right now. I'd sell for him 40 million all things considered.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad