Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
But who is better that LFC can realistically get? Especially that can play that style.
Does Barca need to sell MATS because they are broke? MATS was down a level last season too.

2604bd4fbfeb4cb0ce67bbab494e7be392a0d240.gif

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean it’s true. But like Alisson, MATS bar is extremely high. Yes, both did not have their best season. Yes, both are top five keepers. My point was that if LFC was going to move on from Alisson, they would need a MATS level player back. It was meant as a compliment

In that case you might wanna examine why you couldn’t deliver that compliment without trying to neg the recipient with baseless slander :sarcasm:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Romano has reported that Locatelli would be open to an Arsenal move if Juventus don't manage to pull a deal off. It is almost guaranteed that he leaves Sassuolo. Reports that he would prefer to stay over moving abroad are innacurate.

Via instagram Fabrizio also implies that Hector Bellerin and Alex Telles to Inter are potential moves and that Inter aren't likely to sell any more key players after losing Hakimi. Barella and Lukaku moves very unlikely. That is good, I hope they don't lose an opportunity at being a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They are not inaccurate. Italian players in general want to stay in Italy and will wait and wait for one of the big Italian clubs to make a move. Conte was hard after Barella a few years ago, but he wanted to wait on one of the big clubs and Inter eventually went after him. If Chelsea didn't get Sarri, Jorginho would've stayed in Italy. If Locatelli doesn't believe that Juve will make a move, then he'll leave elsewhere, but he won't leave until he's 100% sure they won't make a move.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
They are not inaccurate. Italian players in general want to stay in Italy and will wait and wait for one of the big Italian clubs to make a move. Conte was hard after Barella a few years ago, but he wanted to wait on one of the big clubs and Inter eventually went after him. If Chelsea didn't get Sarri, Jorginho would've stayed in Italy. If Locatelli doesn't believe that Juve will make a move, then he'll leave elsewhere, but he won't leave until he's 100% sure they won't make a move.
If he doesn’t go to Juve he likely goes to Arsenal. That’s what I said. Maybe not being his first priority, an unusual situation for Arsenal, will put us off signing him though.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I’m not convinced either that he’ll leave for Arsenal. Romano isn’t always right.
I expect Juve to get him, but if he doesn't go there I probably do think Arsenal get him. Just hope the hierarchy isn't so sure Arsenal will get Locatelli that they don't have a deal for other rumored transfer targets like Renato Sanchez or Bissouma lined up. Not having a plan B would be a very Edu/Arteta thing to do based on the last few windows (like when we refused to meet Aouar's agents asking price and were left without a fit #8 for half a season which essentially cost us top 4).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Hertha confirming Cordoba's departure for Krasnodar.
- Bild is reporting that they intend to use some of those proceeds to get into the competition for Kostic.
- Munich papers are pouring water on the Jerome Boateng to hertha rumors, he's reportedly still holding out hope for a CL club.

Gladbach is being linked heavily with 19yo Ecuadorian CB William Pacho; as well as Faitout Maouassa...wasn't Maouassa heavily hyped as a teenager? Or am I misremembering?

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maouassa burst onto the scene as a young winger. Speed was insane. Moved to Rennes for big money.
Got severely injured. Has come back al LWB with impressive fashion.
Still learning the position though but he has been good there.

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't ask me how, but Barcelona want Renato Sanches on a loan with compulsory purchase next summer.
That would be if the Griez/Saul swap doesn't work.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Maouassa burst onto the scene as a young winger. Speed was insane. Moved to Rennes for big money.
Got severely injured. Has come back al LWB with impressive fashion.
Still learning the position though but he has been good there.

Nice. Bensebaini's a good defensive LB who isn't untalented with the ball...like a left-footed Elvedi with a temper or a middle-class Lucas Hernandez...but he's not very fast & doesn't provide the same kind of energy on the left that they got from Lainer on the right. So if they do end up having to sell him it would be good for them to get a more dynamic replacement.

...and if Bensebaini doesn't leave, adding a dynamic LWB would pave the way for them to play more back 3 shapes; as they would have fantastic outside CBs in the Algerian & Swiss defenders, with proper wingbacks to play outside of them.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lucas Hernandez IS middle class.

He's at least a doctor with a well-paying specialization or a corporate lawyer...maybe even a scientist who runs his own lab at a national institution. Not one of the super-elite, but generally upper class and a more than capable starter for a team with CL ambitions.

Pavard is middle class...just good enough when at his best, but typically not up to snuff for a club like that.

...either way, that phrasing was meant to refer to a middle-class version of Hernandez; irrespective of where Hernandez was himself. So wherever you rate him, that's the step up from Bensebaini.

Last edited:
Reactions: AB13

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pavard's an under average RB, and an average CB. Lucas is an average LB and an above average CB.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I’m not convinced either that he’ll leave for Arsenal. Romano isn’t always right.
Romano isn't always right, but you can't simply discredit him either. Locatelli could be using the Arsenal front to get more wages' and structure than Juve. I am with AB13 though, hard to see him stay at Sassuolo especially when London could be your home if it isn't Lake Como. Not saying you, but people once again underrating Arsenal's pull as a club; they're one of the top teams in one of the top locations of one of the top cities on Earth.

Reactions: AB13

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pavard's an under average RB, and an average CB. Lucas is an average LB and an above average CB.

Agreed about Pavard, but I think you're underselling Lucas. Not massively...as I said, he's not elite...but a little bit. He's above average as a defensive FB and a genuinely good CB for a CL-team when he's playing his game.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Romano isn't always right, but you can't simply discredit him either. Locatelli could be using the Arsenal front to get more wages' and structure than Juve. I am with AB13 though, hard to see him stay at Sassuolo especially when London could be your home if it isn't Lake Como. Not saying you, but people once again underrating Arsenal's pull as a club; they're one of the top teams in one of the top locations of one of the top cities on Earth.

Fact. And all of those players who disagree are just jealous/intimidated...just like all of those stars who don't have the balls to play for the knicks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad