Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Bingo! There's are problem "Sleepy Joe" behind the bench This team is built (in progress) to do well this year and the coach is a generation behind. Needed to bring someone young who the players could relate to.
Did K.MacKenzie not have the best W% of the three coaches last season? I think the players are fine with the coach (for now).

Reactions: Muskyslayer

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
He lost 2 points today. He wanted to win 1-0 giving no momentum to his top line. I think they had 3 shifts in the second period he got screwed.

armchaircoaches

Oct 24, 2022
Maybe if your top line doesn’t take 2 min shifts they’d have more to give u win by commity certain players do whatever they want on this team no coaching whatsoever

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Todays Takeaways

Good game by the D

OHL officiating makes me question if I want to keep watching OHL hockey.

Vondras needs to work on his rebound control.

If Goyettes effort was half as good as Delic, he'd be the best player in the CHL.

If Ken MacKenzie thinks this team is built to win 2-1 hockey games, I have bad news for him. Let the offensive guys play. Laramand does not need to play 24 minutes a night.

Musty and Mania can't be back to ice and the PP fast enough...

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Todays Takeaways

Good game by the D

OHL officiating makes me question if I want to keep watching OHL hockey.

Vondras needs to work on his rebound control.

If Goyettes effort was half as good as Delic, he'd be the best player in the CHL.

If Ken MacKenzie thinks this team is built to win 2-1 hockey games, I have bad news for him. Let the offensive guys play. Laramand does not need to play 24 minutes a night.

Musty and Mania can't be back to ice and the PP fast enough...
Delic is a turnover machine but you love his energy. He needs to keep things simple that’s why top players want to play with top players. To be able to bring it every game.

I like our new D he showed he likes to play with his head high… Promising

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Wolves try to make every goal pretty instead they should just get pucks to the net and jam away to get some ugly ones. They made it too easy for North Bay to defend as they were quite predictable.

WJ

Reactions: Pucks Deep

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Not of a fan in dressing 7 D, I think it really hurts the flow of our forwards line.

We have four strong lines lets roll them like in the first game. I felt Coughlin got the short end of the stick with this lineup, after having strong first game. He needs to get a regular shift, his forecheck creates opportunities for the team.

Not capitalizing on any of our PP 0 for 6 not good in this game. Seems to me, Wolves move puck a little better than last year. I feel we still need a D that can handle the PP with hard accurate shot, doesn't seem like anyone wants to pull a trigger on a shot during the PP.

Need to see more from Pharand, works hard out there but now needs to create offence. I thought Taylor had a good game, starting to gain some confidence, needs to keep building on that.

Anania on NB second goal went for the big hip check, four minutes left in the game not a good idea. Keep everything outside should have been his plan.

De Angelis looked good, seems to like to mix it up and play physical.

Villeneuve a great two way player but needs to slow things down in the offensive zone to create opportunities. His motor alway on high which is great but now needs to slow the game down to contribute offensively.

Reactions: WeThe North

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Bingo! There's are problem "Sleepy Joe" behind the bench This team is built (in progress) to do well this year and the coach is a generation behind. Needed to bring someone young who the players could relate to.
Was waiting for this topic to be brought up and it will again at some point this season. Paps thinking if pops has a vet lineup, it should be okay. Something to watch.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Was waiting for this topic to be brought up and it will again at some point this season. Paps thinking if pops has a vet lineup, it should be okay. Something to watch.

Yesterday had very little to do with coaching. The players from top to bottom didnt hit or grind after the first period or try for dirty goals or go to dirty areas. North Bay has a very good defensive system and goalie, can’t win against them with only skill

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Yesterday had very little to do with coaching. The players from top to bottom didnt hit or grind after the first period or try for dirty goals or go to dirty areas. North Bay has a very good defensive system and goalie, can’t win against them with only skill
Didn't say it did. Saying it will be a topic of conversation throughout the season

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
I don't really agree with this statement at all..at least not this early on in the season. K.Mac knows these players better than anyone in the organization. He's been the behind the scenes guy for these players since the day they were drafted. He knows the player, the players family, their teachers, their billet families. He knows how to deal with each kid individually which is a rare advantage for a head coach. Players will respect him because he's older and respond to him because he can communicate with them individually in a manner that is most effective. We'll see ...but I think this is going to work out well.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
Start of a tough road trip tonight, hopefully our last 3 games without Quentin! GWG

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
This team will be fine in the first half without Musty; I would be hoping he sees some regular season action before being sent back.

Reactions: WE ARE WOLVES
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad