Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie

Nov 3, 2023
Wolves power play needs to be taken to the barn and shot. Absolutely pathetic effort, with too many individuals trying to do everything themselves.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
More concerning trends with Vondras. Just too many weak and deflating goals. Having trouble with the OHL level. Have much more confidence in Vandenberg at this point. Every shot on Vondras I get nervous now. Should be noted did we forget how to play defence? Missed assignments, guys being left all alone with no coverage. Windsor kept getting in behind our defense and we never seemed to adjust. Some of our guys seemed way off tonight for whatever reason. Ugly ugly game, an embarrassing team effort all round.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
What a shit show. What do we all really expect. We’ve all been saying the coaching has been garbage all year. The players aren’t learning anything.

The icing on the cake will be when Niagara sneaks into the playoffs and upsets the wolves in the first round to put a huge exclamation point on which franchise in the OHL is the actual biggest joke.
Change franchise to Gm

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
More concerning trends with Vondras. Just too many weak and deflating goals. Having trouble with the OHL level. Have much more confidence in Vandenberg at this point. Every shot on Vondras I get nervous now. Should be noted did we forget how to play defence? Missed assignments, guys being left all alone with no coverage. Windsor kept getting in behind our defense and we never seemed to adjust. Some of our guys seemed way off tonight for whatever reason. Ugly ugly game, an embarrassing effort all round.
Every single player did something to contribute to this embarrassing loss, a total team effort we got for once haha.

WJ

TheRailBird2

Oct 4, 2023

Watt at 88, :) coaching prime! Adjusted for inflation, he might have been the wolves highest paid coach; how else could have the wolves lured him to Sudbury?
[/QUOTE]
So

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Vandenberg in 9 games, I believe 8 starts is 5 1-1-1, he has been able to get points pretty much every game he plays, goalie of the month and we go with Vondras, who played last night wtf?Coaches last couple of years with goalies its been a guessing game no reason or logic who starts.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
The coaching staff should be replaced on the pp and pk alone. 5 min pp tonight along with a 5 on 3- zilch

It's been an issue all season

Reactions: Lycanthrope

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Welll, back in the hotel room and had some time to think and reflect.
1) I agree that Vandenberg should have started and Vondras is having a tough go of things. I too get nervous whenever the puck is fired his way and if I do, the team does as well.
2) the PP needs to do something different. Same shit setup every time.
3) Mania is a loose cannon and sucks at defence.
4) I did the same road trip as the Wolves and im exhausted. I can’t even imagine having played 60 minutes of hard hockey the night before. I’ll give them a pass this game for that reason and also Windsor wanted to prove something after being spanked the game before.
5) both Windsor and Sarnia have arenas and a crowd entertainment level we’ll never see in Sudbury. Very good in-arena productions and entertainment.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Welll, back in the hotel room and had some time to think and reflect.
1) I agree that Vandenberg should have started and Vondras is having a tough go of things. I too get nervous whenever the puck is fired his way and if I do, the team does as well.
2) the PP needs to do something different. Same shit setup every time.
3) Mania is a loose cannon and sucks at defence.
4) I did the same road trip as the Wolves and im exhausted. I can’t even imagine having played 60 minutes of hard hockey the night before. I’ll give them a pass this game for that reason and also Windsor wanted to prove something after being spanked the game before.
5) both Windsor and Sarnia have arenas and a crowd entertainment level we’ll never see in Sudbury. Very good in-arena productions and entertainment.
Hope you atleast got to enjoy the double header despite the mediocre results!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Funny, I don’t hear anybody laughing now.

Hmm, Strange no one (or few) have ”whined“ about the fact that our goaltending sucks Moose balls and that one is as bad as the other,
Or how about Papineau getting fleeced for 2/3 for a goalie we hope is at least slightly less bad than the others and remotely plays like an OHL calibre goaltender

Vondras is an NHL drafted goalie? You have got to be kidding me and I thought so since the first game when the first shot went in on him. Hey, I got an idea, why don’t we give two seconds for another goalie this time…… Oh, wait too late. Let’s hope one pair of pads fit the stick boy.
Enough about that read my past posts on the subject if you’re bored.

Oh well they were in good company because the rest of the team sucked just as bad. Unless this team pulls a Peterborough, get ready to be very disappointed again but that won’t happen because at least Peterborough had exceptional goaltending.

Nighty night, gonna to go have a laugh, this one’s got me in stitches.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
He’s an NHL draft goalie can’t go wrong, right?
Voundras is trash. Cant make a save.
Best thing to come out this game is the health status of Delic. Hope he's okay
THIS!

He’s an NHL draft goalie can’t go wrong, right?
Voundras is trash. Cant make a save.
Best thing to come out this game is the health status of Delic. Hope he's okay
THIS!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Blame the D, blame the coach,blame the slow starts all you want. Yes it contributes to it but the biggest factor is goaltending. We have the forward skill to win the East, but we will be lucky to get out of the second round with our goaltending. We are stuck with it now because it wasn’t addressed so let’s just enjoy the frustrating ride as best we can.
Yeeeeppp

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Curious, why? GTA only cares about the Leafs.

Steelheads can't get more than 2000 ppl showing up despite a well run franchise. Mike Keenan coaching the UoT Blues got maybe 500 ppl on top of parents and GFs showing up.

GTA sucks for any non Leaf hockey attendance.
Exactly. He said the same bullshit to me a couple years ago. Good luck with that buddy. His pathetic way of throwing a little tantrum and trying to leverage the team.

What the heck am I witnessing here tonight
This would have been a good night to have a power outage

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
RP really trusts these guys behind the bench to lead his team in this important year? Really?!

Micky Mouse operation
Look around the league at franchises that have success year after year. It all starts at the top, and in our case, the shit trickles down.

Whoa that’s kind of harsh. I think that’s it tonight. I’m out doing myself.

Reactions: Section5Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad