Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Wolves PP again an issue tonight. Will be curious how they go about fixing it. They'll be getting more PP's in the future because how they play. They keep coming at you all game long.

The D right now looks good. Would hate to touch it. ( Although looks like Mania's minutes have been cut)

Reactions: WolvesFan and cub

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Coaches are putting Mania in positions to succeed. The kid will bean amazing Pro but like our other D need to learn how play sound D in our own end. Great second period/comeback, this is a no quit DM Coached team. Our D played a little too loose in our end tonight where they were chasing back to the net and letting the puck and K-forwards beat them off the wall. In OT we started to leave our zone on a rush to score the game winner, problem was we never did have the puck because we were on the wrong side and lost the 1 on 1 battle. Once DZone and PP are clicking games shouldn’t get to OT. Gutsy performance for the OT point. So fun to watch this team..

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Coaches are putting Mania in positions to succeed. The kid will bean amazing Pro but like our other D need to learn how play sound D in our own end. Great second period/comeback, this is a no quit DM Coached team. Our D played a little too loose in our end tonight where they were chasing back to the net and letting the puck and K-forwards beat them off the wall. In OT we started to leave our zone on a rush to score the game winner, problem was we never did have the puck because we were on the wrong side and lost the 1 on 1 battle. Once DZone and PP are clicking games shouldn’t get to OT. Gutsy performance for the OT point. So fun to watch this team..
Noticed that too. Holmes left the net and Soto was left there alone when the puck was still possessed by Kingston. Unfortunate but I think fatigue set in there and mental lapses took over.

WJ

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I thought Krawchuk for sure would be the starter for the Kingston game, being a 3 game weekend on the road. Ranger I believe will play vs Ottawa, he usually plays well in that building and against Ottawa. Be nice to get Krawchuk some games in, I guess behind in the standings going with your number one.

Reactions: goalieguy27

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Rosenzweig could be available and be a reliable OA to split duties with Gaulton next season
Sounds good to me. I actually don't mind his game.

I just don't trust Ranger as a f/t goaltender
I get nervous everytime he makes a save. Can he win you a series, is the question, I'm not to sure.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Sounds good to me. I actually don't mind his game.

I just don't trust Ranger as a f/t goaltender
I get nervous everytime he makes a save. Can he win you a series, is the question, I'm not to sure.
Unfortunately I’m in complete agreement. It’s no secret I really like Ranger but to me it’s becoming obvious why he was never a number one. The last couple of games he’s been out of position after every save, poor rebound control, tripping over the puck and flopping on his belly all over the place. Had we lost that game outright last night we would be talking about how we lost the game on that soft goal.
I‘m not sure how much fatigue is a factor as I don’t recall him playing this way earlier in the year but we absolutely need to be able to play another goalie, even if it means a trade. Take North Bay. Their backup played quite well against Ottawa pitching a shutout and his backup played very well in Hamilton in his first start. We’re talking third string! Give Krawchuck a chance.

I’m not quite sure what expectations are on here now but many seem a lot happier with last nights game than I was. They didn’t look anything like the team that beat Peterborough (or they would have won going away) and no better really than they looked with Duncanson. Anyone who disagrees feel free to point out how they looked so much better, at least last night. Many giveaways and shoddy defence.

They‘ve had time to work on special teams and the PP was as brutal as ever, soft passes, trying to force plays. A powerplay quarterback is a must. Touree had his worst game by far, Holmes is slow and not a great skater, the only D that impressed is Collins.
Again what are the expectations? If we’ve got so much talent I expected nothing short of a win in Kingston. Yes they’ve still got some guns but they’re a rebuilding team. Aren’t we supposed to be up and comers? Mackenzie sounds pretty patient right now but look at the standings. You fall more than ten points behind teams and good luck catching them without a long winning streak. If we’re all content with languishing around the bottom of the standings and being fodder for Ottawa or North Bay fine but that’s not the bill of goods we were sold.
Solid goaltending wins us that game last night. I’m not convinced we’re as good as we were led to believe and Mackenzie has been no great shakes yet at least.

Last edited:

goalieguy27

Nov 19, 2022
The young kid who played in goal for North Bay is a 16 year old kid just drafted,plays U18! Played very well. I’ve noticed several teams bringing up younger guys in between the pipes to give them a sniff. They can’t develop if you don’t let them see rubber. Look at young Costanza for Windsor. Niagara sat him on the bench all year and then traded him for a song, he’s playing great for the Spits. Krawchuk needs some games for his development as well if he will be a part of next year’s plan. Young goalies need to play a few too. Give the kid a chance to get the W.

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
So putting Delic back on the first line seems like a no brainer but it would be interesting to see DeGrazia play on that line.
I recall last year thinking that Goyette & DeGrazia had some good chemistry when they had a few games together earlier on in the season. The two fastest skaters on the team. Goyette would be able to get pucks into spaces that DeGrazia could skate into and burn defenders

But I agree I'd put Delic right back on that line

Reactions: Wolfgang Puck

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
again no idea why get into a fight, just changed the whole momentum of the game.
Changed the complexion as well. Smart player but made an error in judgement today.

Curious to know what the McCallum was.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
what happened to Holmes this year? totally got burnt on last goal.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
well not a pretty game, looks like no gas in tank left. In all not a bad weekend, need to get on a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad