Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

I'm hopeful maybe Robinson will show more now that he is fully healthy; not a fan of him as an OA, but would love to see him prove me wrong.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
I wasnt able to make it to the arena tonight. Any insights on how day 1 went?

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I wasnt able to make it to the arena tonight. Any insights on how day 1 went?
Will keep any negatives to a minimum since its day 1 of camp and players are getting settled

Musty looked pretty dominant(as he should in the younger group), Pharand was playing with a lot of confidence as well.

Of the new guys Villeneuve already looks like one of the best players on the ice. Both Waltons had their moments as well. Thought all the goalies looked decent for the most part, will be interesting to see more of them as camp goes.

Day 2 will hopefully give more of an idea of any potential diamonds in the rough, then day 3 as the younger players integrate with the vets will be fun to see as well.

Reactions: howlman

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Scrimmage report 1pm
Best player- Pharand dominated during this scrimmage.Improved skating and shot
Others playing well- Assadourian with more ice time this year can be a dynamic player
Villeneuve-so far looks like a veteran.His work ethic on the ice will make him a fan favorite.Scored a high light reel goal
Musty scored and looks much more focused.He really looks like he wants to improve his draft stock.
K.Walton scored a top shelf, knock the water bottle off goal, that received crowd attention
Mauro- small player, great wheels -all over the stat sheet.

Lanny

May 9, 2012
Well I went to the 1:00 pm scrimmage today and here are a few comments.
I think it is going to be another long year, with what I saw and the fact the Wolves came near dead last the previous year and the Wolves picked up a goaltender from another team and a first round pick ( Villeneuve) and that is it....not good.
Andrew Gaulton played the entire game and shelled for 7 goals. Yes I know they played in the morning, so some of the players were tired and coverage may have been poor, but he goes down on every shot. Marshall Finn played much better in my opinion.
You could tell who the main camp Wolves ( last years players), quite easy, except for Villeneuve. Nathan looked like a regular, although he did nothing to distinguish himself except for one rush, he did not look out of place. Kieran Walton has to put on some weight , but did not look bad, but not good either. Knows what to do on the right side of the red line and can score some nice goals, but will have to keep his head up as he likes to cut to the middle. His brother is a project and just as skinny.
Devin Mauro caught my eye with his speed and shot. Hoover and Mania played well together, but Will Bishop was just outright terrible.
Alex Pharand looks like he was a first round pick and is in mid season form. We will see tomorrow when the big boys are on the ice. Either way he looked good.
Quentin Musty looked like he was not interested. Although he set up his linemates a few times with beautiful passes and even scored a goal and took a stupid penalty. He just seemed to be two steps ahead and did not want to wait for them. Not sure why he was out there.
Hayden Simpson.....I have zero use for a player like that

Question for someone....who picks the team, the coach or GM. Sat near CD and he spent the entire scrimmage talking to the Leaf scout Roque, while up in the press boxes Papineau was there with the head scout and the had all kinds of papers out on the tables. Always thought it was the coach....guess I was wrong.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Scrimmage 2 report
Djibril Toure-best player on the ice-I know he is 19 but he should make this team
Morrow might be a decent backup
Gaulton maybe not
K Walton did not look out of place
Pharand once again played well
Assadourian needs to be at least a 2nd liner.He looks much stronger and the skating /playmaking is dynamic
Villeneuve is solid and you can see chemistry with Goyette skating together in the Ottawa area this summer
Mania will have many end to end rushes with his speed

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Lines
Delic Goyette Konyen
Pharand Assadourian Degrazia
Boudreau McCallum Larmand
Walton Villeneuve Mauro/Derbridge
This could be a good line arrangement barring any trades

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Scrimmage 2 report
Djibril Toure-best player on the ice-I know he is 19 but he should make this team
Gaulton maybe not
Assadourian needs to be at least a 2nd liner.He looks much stronger and the skating /playmaking is dynamic
Villeneuve is solid and you can see chemistry with Goyette skating together in the Ottawa area this summer
Glad to see someone else noticed Djibril Toure, he was great. I thought he outperformed a lot of guys like Bishop, Hoover, Cochrane, etc. Even though he's likely a long shot at 19 to make it as a rookie, given how young the team is, I would not mind them taking Toure as a regular.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Scrimmage 2 report
Gaulton maybe not
Djibril Toure- can you brake down what kind of game does he play. Also 19 or not if Paps like him he'll sigh him.

Those guys who played last season spot duty , doesn't mean they have an auto spot secured. Hope they realize that.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Djibril Toure- can you brake down what kind of game does he play. Also 19 or not if Paps like him he'll sigh him.

Those guys who played last season spot duty , doesn't mean they have an auto spot secured. Hope they realize that.
Toure just played a very well-rounded game, had a bit of a physical edge, and played great solid defensive game. Offensively he looked pretty decent with the puck considering his size. His skating also seemed pretty decent for his size. I also liked seeing him give one of the forwards a bit of a rough ride after he snowed the goalie.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Toure for his size moves pretty quick, very involved offensively. Liked what I seen so far from him. Morrow let in alot of soft goals in the scimmage Wednesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad