Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
A loss such as this puts things in perspective. Wolves don't have enough fire power against teams like tonight. They didn't play poorly but not deep enough to sustain pressure/chances. Unfortunate. 19 shots on goal.

I cant believe we didnt score on the one shot we got in the third period.
Didn't realize it was 1 shot

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Couple of freebie goals didn't help Wolves, no push back once it was 3-2. Brassard started ok, but then the usual happens, hopefully Krawchuk is back.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
A loss such as this puts things in perspective. Wolves don't have enough fire power against teams like tonight. They didn't play poorly but not deep enough to sustain pressure/chances. Unfortunate. 19 shots on goal.

Didn't realize it was 1 shot
It’s weird because they play such a good team game every once in awhile that you think they might be able to make some noise and then next game all their shortcomings are painfully evident again. Il say it again, they are exactly where they belong in the standings. Looking at the way this team plays , Mackenzie has a long way to go to show me he’s a top tier coach. Hell their powerplay couldn’t be any worse if one of us were running it. Between special teams, the lack of discipline, and just general bad decision making , they don’t look well coached to me. Not for more than a game or so at a time anyway.

Couple of freebie goals didn't help Wolves, no push back once it was 3-2. Brassard started ok, but then the usual happens, hopefully Krawchuk is back.
Exactly. It’s pretty hard for the team to stay in the game when they got powder puff goals going in. Cheap goals at key times was the major difference in the game. I don’t think it was our best game by any stretch either though.

Reactions: cub

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
It’s weird because they play such a good team game every once in awhile that you think they might be able to make some noise and then next game all their shortcomings are painfully evident again. Il say it again, they are exactly where they belong in the standings. Looking at the way this team plays , Mackenzie has a long way to go to show me he’s a top tier coach. Hell their powerplay couldn’t be any worse if one of us were running it. Between special teams, the lack of discipline, and just general bad decision making , they don’t look well coached to me. Not for more than a game or so at a time anyway.

Exactly. It’s pretty hard for the team to stay in the game when they got powder puff goals going in. Cheap goals at key times was the major difference in the game. I don’t think it was our best game by any stretch either though.
I don't really have a problem with DM. The PP we know isn't very good. Very slow moving in the O zone and i don't like Musty on it. I mentioned many times this season they don't have alot of scoring. Against weaker apponents, other lines chip in more but a team like tonight they were silent and DeGrazia could not be found.

Reactions: Wisdom

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I don't really have a problem with DM. The PP we know isn't very good. Very slow moving in the O zone and i don't like Musty on it. I mentioned many times this season they don't have alot of scoring. Against weaker apponents, other lines chip in more but a team like tonight they were silent and DeGrazia could not be found.if you wanna single out DeGrazia, how about you also mention him when he plays well and there’s been a hell of a lot more games where he has. Not sure what the issue is with you, but I think it’s pretty clear there’s nothing he could do to change your mind about him. I really don’t get it. Nothing else you’ve ever posted makes me shake my head like this.
I guess it is what it is as far as how you feel, but youre definitely in the minority on this one from everything I’ve seen with my eyes anyway.

Why even mention him when we got a goalie that can’t stop a beach ball if he has to move from one side of the net to the other.

Only Delić really played well on the top line, Musty with his usual turnovers and blind passes. Brutal powerplay….but we lost because Degrazia was a no show? C’mon.

Also when you say you don’t mind, McKenzie, and I’m not sure if that’s the way we’re supposed to feel about our coach, how about you share what it is you don’t mind about him because outside of being a motivator, I find very little else suggest that he is a good coach. The success this team has is due to its individual talent and rarely because of any brilliant game plan.

I gave reasons why I have reservations, . I’d be interested to hear what your reasons are for saying you don’t mind him or by extension think he’s a good coach.

Anyone else feel free to tell me what I’m missing about how good a coach McKenzie is. I might learn something. And don’t give me the old he has to work with what he has BS. Dunc didn’t get a pass because of that.

Reactions: justawolfan

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Yeah well theres an example. That last goal absolutely cannot go in if you want to win close games aka known as playoff games
Once again until this team gets a power play and consistent goaltending, they will continue to be a non factor. Wolves overpass the puck way too much instead of opting for the shot and or simple play.
Musty dishes on at least one 2 on 1 when we were down by a goal. I know he is a great passer by he needs to step up in big moments and shoot! Light the Lamp Q!!!

Not excited about this news
I would say with two big home games over the next two nights he stayed home to rest up as he should get both starts.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
I guess it is what it is as far as how you feel, but youre definitely in the minority on this one from everything I’ve seen with my eyes anyway.

Why even mention him when we got a goalie that can’t stop a beach ball if he has to move from one side of the net to the other.

Only Delić really played well on the top line, Musty with his usual turnovers and blind passes. Brutal powerplay….but we lost because Degrazia was a no show? C’mon.

Also when you say you don’t mind, McKenzie, and I’m not sure if that’s the way we’re supposed to feel about our coach, how about you share what it is you don’t mind about him because outside of being a motivator, I find very little else suggest that he is a good coach. The success this team has is due to its individual talent and rarely because of any brilliant game plan.

I gave reasons why I have reservations, . I’d be interested to hear what your reasons are for saying you don’t mind him or by extension think he’s a good coach.

Anyone else feel free to tell me what I’m missing about how good a coach McKenzie is. I might learn something. And don’t give me the old he has to work with what he has BS. Dunc didn’t get a pass because of that.
:partytime:

Reactions: Wisdom

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022

The success this team has is due to its individual talent and rarely because of any brilliant game plan.
I don’t agree with this statement. When we have played amazing and beat teams we had no business beating it was because of game planning and structured play by 5 player units not individual play. In fact, when we play selfish and for the name on the back everything breaks down and we struggle. I will agree that we struggle to find consistency and staying disciplined and sticking to DM’s game plan.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
I agree the PP needs to have way quicker puck movement. Seems one dimensional and predictable. Everything runs off the top of umbrella. Like to see some mixture of below goal line play. More high low plays. Also, Pharand and Villie need to have net front net responsibility. Bumper guy needs to be a shit disturber when puck is low or on half wall and pay the price in front when puck is high on point shots. With Delic’s strong puck control and vision I’d like to see one of the units run thru him. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Sleemans99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad