Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Sudbury’s finest. Love the back to back selfish penalties too definitely captain next season. What year is Delic’s draft again ? Can’t wait to see where he ends up in the first round ! Way better than our other top prospects.

All jokes aside I never said he wasn’t a key piece but next year if we are contenders he’s on the shut down line. Needs to keep his composure… I like him a lot but you can be good without being the best player on the team. If he ever plays AHL where do you think he’ll play ? How many OHL teams would trade their number 1 centerman for him ?

Last edited:
Reactions: WE ARE WOLVES

cub

Apr 11, 2012
It amuses me that people continue complaining about Musty and his defensive play when Goyette is the team's worst player in +/-. I feel like I see Musty make an effort defensively much more consistently then Goyette at this point, and the stats tend to agree.

Regardless, between Goyette, and Musty the wolves have a boatload of offensive talent in those two.

Musty is a good player, however if you don't see he needs to work on his defensive game, not sure what to tell you. Doesn't play any PK, or is out there in last few minutes of a game with a lead closing out game. Goyette can play PK, and has a better defensive game than Musty. if you go by stats, then Robinson has a better plus/minus than Collins? Obviously Robinson has holes in his game compared to Collins.

Last edited by a moderator:

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Brassard did what he had to do no softies and defence helped him out a lot and the team as a whole eliminated shots. Looks like North bay or Barrie both are very beatable with good goaltending and discipline.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
The fire Paps chants have quieted down….

WJ
Also, Dunc wrongfully replaced chants and Ranger chants. This team is far from perfect (we can all see that) but showing the potential that has always been there. I have always stated they would make the playoffs and this past weekend has gone a long way towards making it.
Learning to be a tough physical team while remaining disciplined is the next learning goal. That and the PP. Team play/structure in all zones is very good. Gotta keep fine tuning every day to the end of season and playoffs.

Reactions: Sleemans99

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
Big win and nice weekend all round from the boys. Would have been alot of crying and complaining around here had the Wolves lost with Brassard in the pipes today
It’s was a nice weekend. Remember though that nobody wanted Brassard to start any of the games. He faced 15 shots today! He hasn’t stolen a game yet or exude confidence
Ask yourself who starts Game 1 if we make the playoffs

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
It’s was a nice weekend. Remember though that nobody wanted Brassard to start any of the games. He faced 15 shots today! He hasn’t stolen a game yet or exude confidence
Ask yourself who starts Game 1 if we make the playoffs
It will be and should be the goalie who will be back next year.

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Does anyone know what the shenanigans were leading to all the misconduct after the game was over?

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Does anyone know what the shenanigans were leading to all the misconduct after the game was over?
Jack/eye or wi-fi, wired the puck down the ice at the Wolves while they celebrated the win. If you look back, he did the exact same thing in our barn after we beat him and the dogs. If he wants to be tough like his bro, he is going about it the WRONG way.

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Jack/eye or wi-fi, wired the puck down the ice at the Wolves while they celebrated the win. If you look back, he did the exact same thing in our barn after we beat him and the dogs. If he wants to be tough like his bro, he is going about it the WRONG way.
Thanks. I missed him shooting at the wolves but I think that was the game I commented on about the wolves shooting it at the opposition. Teenage boys will be teenage boys. The dark arts at play

SilverCity

Sep 23, 2022
So proud of the boys for the way they played this weekend. Let's have another great week!

Still not confident with our goalie situation. It's hard to advance in the playoffs with a rookie goaltender.

Go Wolves Go!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Jack Eye Junior was in the Rangers rookie camp. Pounded out a couple of the rookies. I think he can handle himself but seems to be a bit of a loose canon and a sore loser. Not as huge as big brother but he is up there with some of the big guys in the OHL.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
reading the article, glad Mckenzie is calling team out on their discipline, taking countless unnecessary penalties, even going on and saying players being selfish. He wasn't too happy with yesterdays escapades.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
This is a little off topic but I just attended a girls high school hockey game at Carmicheal arena. My question is why are the bluelines so close to the redline?
Never seen this before. Mind you I havent been in a rink other then the barn in 25 years

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
This is a little off topic but I just attended a girls high school hockey game at Carmicheal arena. My question is why are the bluelines so close to the redline?
Never seen this before. Mind you I havent been in a rink other then the barn in 25 years
Every reason no in the city has a different set up!

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
I have not been in that rink in years. It might be a little short and they want a specific blue line depth so it squeezes centre ice. I remember from my a previous life playing in multiple set up like that, two of which were IHL rinks. Not a brag , I never played in the IHL, just the rinks.

Reactions: justawolfan

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Thanks for the responses...I know in an nhl rink its 50 feet from blueline to blueline and 75 from blueline to back boards. It just looked weird as I dont think there was 30 feet between bluelines. If I go back there ill covertly pace it off to satisfy my curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad