Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
6'2 6'3 yes. Interesting the plan for him next season. Probably back with the paper kings
I realize he's missed most of the season due to injury but....

Do you draft a goalie in the 2nd round only to send him to an affiliate team for two seasons? He has to be in the OHL next year as a 17 year old right?

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022

Do you draft a goalie in the 2nd round only to send him to an affiliate team for two seasons? He has to be in the OHL next year as a 17 year old right?
This will be very interesting moving forward. I would agree that he should stay in the O/Wolves next season but the kid almost missed the entire season coming off an injury. With Chucky progressing the way he has (ROM) he needs more playing time next year to keep his development growing. I would say, Gaulton will get a fair look at camp but he needs to play a ton next year. So I hope we get another good tender (18 year old) via trade to start the season to partner with Chucky and re-evaluated at deadline. Time will tell….

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010

Fair point. Maybe they go with Gaulton/ Krawchuk next season? Doesn't seem likely but I guess they have a plan going forward.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
This is the last 3 games in 3 days this year. Wolves need to beat NB tonight and show they’re ready for the playoffs. 6 points would be amazing.

Reactions: Pucks Deep

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Do the wolves go for Ivankovic with their first pick which will probably be 6th or 7th overall. Rated as the best goaltender in some years. With Paps herendous showing at the last few euro drafts this may be our best chance to land a gem. What do others think?

Reactions: justawolfan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Do the wolves go for Ivankovic with their first pick which will probably be 6th or 7th overall. Rated as the best goaltender in some years. With Paps herendous showing at the last few euro drafts this may be our best chance to land a gem. What do others think?
A bit early to select Ivankovic inside top 10 as the last rank I noticed was 24, though that included at least 6 US born.

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
The plan for Gaulton next year will probably become clearer based on how well & much he plays to finish this season

If things go well I see no reason not to at least try a Krawchuk/Gaulton tandem to start October (assuming Krawchuk keeps up his play)

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Oh boy.. sad how much we rely on Krawchuk right now, over an OA goalie.. YIKES

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Yeah well theres an example. That last goal absolutely cannot go in if you want to win close games aka known as playoff games
Once again until this team gets a power play and consistent goaltending, they will continue to be a non factor. Wolves overpass the puck way too much instead of opting for the shot and or simple play.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Yeah well theres an example. That last goal absolutely cannot go in if you want to win close games aka known as playoff games
Once again until this team gets a power play and consistent goaltending, they will continue to be a non factor. Wolves overpass the puck way too much instead of opting for the shot and or simple play.
Robinson needs to stop pinching up at the offensive blue line and cannot recover. On the second goal he left Chromiak all by himself on a 3 on 1. Why they can't play simple positional hockey is mind boggling.

WJ

Reactions: justawolfan

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Robinson needs to stop pinching up at the offensive blue line and cannot recover. On the second goal he left Chromiak all by himself on a 3 on 1. Why they can't play simple positional hockey is mind boggling.

WJ
Robinson's the least of our problems we got no goaltending man. Not even worth watching the game with Brassard in net. Papineau looks like such a clown.
Really starting to see why some are pessimistic about next year.This team does not play smart hockey and is not ready to win. It'd be a huge surprise if they won more than one game provided they make the playoffs. How about that timely save...brutal. Guy moves like a rusty robot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WolvesFan and cub

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North

WJ
He thinks offense first often at times. Mania isn't far behind with that. They leave their partners out to dry.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
He thinks offense first often at times. Mania isn't far behind with that. They leave their partners out to dry.
The difference is when Mania gets burned, he typically makes an effort to get back into the play. When Robinson gets burned, he's the 5th man back to the defensive zone.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Some guys weren't smart tonight, some guys didn't skate tonight, some guys were scared tonight, some guys were MIA, some guys were individual, and some guys were undisciplined. We had no push back whatsoever!!! When they went down 3-2 they raised the white flag. Nothing more to say.

WJ

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad