Sudbury Wolves 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
If they can play like that every night, I’d be Satisfied! Solid effort tonight, Brassard played well, deserved better, we missed 2 wide open nets at the end of regulation, however we got a point from NB tonight and 3 from our last 2 games against them! I’ll take that!

Go Wolves Go!!

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Total team win. Agree that Brassard looked away more comfortable and was real good. PK was awesome tonight (good thing). PP still looked like a work in progress and puck started to move quicker as game went on. Although not mention yet, both Yearwood and Coughlan brought an element to our bottom 6 not seen in Sudbury since the terrible twins from Batchawana. It was one shift early in the second period that they were hitting everything and to me that’s when the game tightened up a bit. North Bay became more aware on the ice and didn’t fly around care free. This is good, very good. Very entertaining game.

Total team win. Agree that Brassard looked away more comfortable and was real good. PK was awesome tonight (good thing). PP still looked like a work in progress and puck started to move quicker as game went on. Although not mention yet, both Yearwood and Coughlan brought an element to our bottom 6 not seen in Sudbury since the terrible twins from Batchawana. It was one shift early in the second period that they were hitting everything and to me that’s when the game tightened up a bit. North Bay became more aware on the ice and didn’t fly around care free. This is good, very good. Very entertaining game.
It was a loss, but felt like a win.

Reactions: cub and WolvesFan

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009

It was a loss, but felt like a win.
Same thing I was about to say! The element those two bring is something the team really did need as it takes a little of the heavy lifting off of others. It also establishes some pressure deep and they can bang up the opposition's defence. We did not have that all season on the bottom pair. So good start from them. Hope they can be consistent in that kind of effort.

As for Brassard yes bigger body and plays a pretty quiet game. However you will not get any more speed laterally from him. He his a heavier guy and may make some saves from time to time that may not be pretty. But it was nice for him to get settled in and play at home. I wish he didn't play that Missy game I don't think it was really fair to him or Krawchuk.

Nice to get a point from North Bay. They played good enough for the second one but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

WJ

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
I see the refs have ceased calling the equipment violation for mouth guards. Mania spends every shift on the ice chewing on his. Hopefully it doesnt come back to haunt him

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
If they can play like that every night, I’d be Satisfied! Solid effort tonight, Brassard played well, deserved better, we missed 2 wide open nets at the end of regulation, however we got a point from NB tonight and 3 from our last 2 games against them! I’ll take that!

Go Wolves Go!!
For sure and if you add Musty to that game and particularly for the shoot-out....who knows what the outcome could have been?

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Ben Leeson is saying he'll be back for the top prospects game, leaves him out a couple of weeks at the most.
Big hole to fill with Musty out. Musty really adds another dimension to that top line with Delic and Goyette. Hoping Konyen can step it up on that top line

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Big hole to fill with Musty out. Musty really adds another dimension to that top line with Delic and Goyette. Hoping Konyen can step it up on that top line
They said he's week to week. I find with Konyen he needs someone to give him the puck to be effective. Should be interesting next season what the plan is for him

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
They said he's week to week. I find with Konyen he needs someone to give him the puck to be effective. Should be interesting next season what the plan is for him
I’d rather see Pharand replace Musty. Konyen is having a very tough second season. He should stay on a third line and play against the third pairing. in a contending team Delic can’t be centering the first line. I thought he would take Larmand spot to finish the year but Sudbury decided to keep Larmand and not invest on an elite RW to play with Goyette and Musty.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
After a night of reflection, it was exciting to see the new players contribute to a great game last night but I’d like to mention some other notable great performances. Our D Core were very good, the pairings are starting to play well together. Anania and Collins had a Rocky time last weekend but were much better last night. Robinson (other than the hic-up) has really calmed his game down with a focus on sound D. Nice pair with Toure. Mania is high umbrella guy on PP and is improving every game as he mentors Chromiack. As mentioned already all forwards were good last night but McCallum stood out the most to me. I’m so happy to see that he has taken his game to another level. Other than Goyette, no player skates so effortlessly with the puck and he simply controls the play/game. It’s not important to know what took him so long, just happy he has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad