Sudbury Wolves 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
pretty sad for organization got shut out at the draft. I hear Levin invited to Leafs camp. Pilons invited to Minnesota camp, Malik has some offers to camps too.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Unacceptable. If Levin's invite is to the Leafs Camp then that is a LH favour. What about Stratis any word on him? Pilons should be invited somewhere as the organization has put a lot into promoting them. Any word on invites for Carson, McGrath, Bulitka, or Niz?

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Tyler Madden Jachym Kondelik Ty Emberson all drafted except for Adam Samuelsson
Any chance any of the four report next year? I thought I heard Madden may be thinking about it for the prospect of playing with Byfield, I think it was on the draft show but if not then twitter. Samuelsson maybe since he wasn't picked?

Any rumours regarding the Euros yet?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Adam Samuelsson, intrigue me, might be great idea to try to convince him to come to play with the Wolves, not being drafted, it might help his stock and exposure if he plays in the OHL.

My understanding they definitely going to pick in the Euro draft, I'm thinking a D or goalie.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Any chance any of the four report next year? I thought I heard Madden may be thinking about it for the prospect of playing with Byfield, I think it was on the draft show but if not then twitter. Samuelsson maybe since he wasn't picked?

Any rumours regarding the Euros yet?

Haven't heard a thing about any of those guys reporting to the wolves. Perhaps that ship has sailed,we shall see.

It's embarrassing not having one player drafted. I'm sure management and coaches feel it and are working not to have history repeat itself next year.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Haven't heard a thing about any of those guys reporting to the wolves. Perhaps that ship has sailed,we shall see.

It's embarrassing not having one player drafted. I'm sure management and coaches feel it and are working not to have history repeat itself next year.
Murray is projected to go high next year, and I'd wager that Ross ends up getting picked as well at the bare minimum

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Confirmed- wolves will take part in euro draft.

Lipanov- recently tweaked rule has him moved to the wolves protected list as he has an NHL contract.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Adam Samuelsson, intrigue me, might be great idea to try to convince him to come to play with the Wolves, not being drafted, it might help his stock and exposure if he plays in the OHL.

My understanding they definitely going to pick in the Euro draft, I'm thinking a D or goalie.

Seen some tape on him cubby. Not sure if he's mobile enough for the direction this team is going. We shall see.

Reactions: cub

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Any targets then for the Euro draft?

Not to my knowledge. Hopefully someone more advanced in his skill set than Malik, Whom isnt a bad but staying healthy is his biggest hurdle. A impact player would be a good thing.

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Murray is projected to go high next year, and I'd wager that Ross ends up getting picked as well at the bare minimum
Wolves centre Blake Murray among 44 players invited o Team Canada’s under-18 selection camp for Hlinka Gretzky Cup in August

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm thinking goalie, we have a Czech connection with Malik, so maybe a Czech goalie, maybe a Lucas Dostal Jakub Skarek, Daniel Dvorak, Dominic Pavlat. Skarek drafted by NYI, and Dostal Ana. Dostal is a 2000 birth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I'm thinking goalie, we have a Czech connection with Malik, so maybe a Czech goalie, maybe a Lucas Dostal Jakub Skarek, Daniel Dvorak, Dominic Pavlat. Skarek drafted by NYI, and Dostal Ana. Dostal is a 2000 birth.

What's the Czech connection with Malik, just the fact that he's from there? If that's the case, I'm shocked the Petes didn't get Canadian Will Cuylle. We have the Canadian connection with Gallant/Wells/etc :laugh:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
What's the Czech connection with Malik, just the fact that he's from there? If that's the case, I'm shocked the Petes didn't get Canadian Will Cuylle. We have the Canadian connection with Gallant/Wells/etc :laugh:

I'm speculating, however, top import goalies are from Czech. Just so you know, I have been right many times, on trades and rumours, draft etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad