Sudbury Wolves 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
To be fair, that guy did say he was ‘pleasantly surprised by Bowen’s play’ after a 38 save, 3-2 OTL last weekend.

I have been taken totally surprised, how he's been playing he could be our number one next season. I don't think it's good idea to put him in net anymore we will lose out our first pick.

Great for him, he totally proved me wrong.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If you're referring to me, read my previous post on Bowen, so you don't look like a jester.

i have no idea what you have or have not said about bowan. the guy im referring to has been taking shots at him for about 2 years because his kid wasnt drafted. relax

its this guy, there where about 3/4 posts this year alone

Wolves tandem this year in net avg to below avg

2016 draft picks playing jr b and jr a both having awful seasons. all he does it take shots at 2000 born goalies
Good luck in next 2 years

cub

Apr 11, 2012
i have no idea what you have or have not said about bowan. the guy im referring to has been taking shots at him for about 2 years because his kid wasnt drafted. relax

its this guy, there where about 3/4 posts this year alone

Ok my bad:)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I have been taken totally surprised, how he's been playing he could be our number one next season. I don't think it's good idea to put him in net anymore we will lose out our first pick.

:)
Bowen didn’t just temporarily silence critics, he created a complete hush over the wolves board

billoink

Nov 18, 2013

Yes Cub was somewhat critical on the selection HOWEVER it had more to do with, was it because of his father Joe. Cub you were right to bring it up at the time and yes you, along with many others including myself were quite surprised on his development to this point. Credit to his team and goalie coaches for his growth to this point of his career. I personally know his dad and it is no surprise to me Joe would have been 110 percent behind his son in every way he possibly could. Lets not forget Joe was also a goalie in his day at Sudbury High , and at the Midget level. Although challenging at times, Joe was known to stop a few, a very few I may add.:popcorn::sarcasm:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
:)
Bowen didn’t just temporarily silence critics, he created a complete hush over the wolves board
I never criticized the pick. Particularly since it was a pretty late one and really how many players have we drafted in that round that have never got a sniff. So how could any of us be that critical without seeing what skills he possessed. Its obvious he was worked on what he needed to improve on since his rookie camp and playing a full season in Junior this year has really allowed him to get to the next step and warrant a call up. He did play well in training camp as well. So good for him. Frappier will have some challenge for the back up spot come September IMO.

WJ

Reactions: i luvallsports

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sorry if any think I was pointing at them as critical of anything pertaining to Bowen or management, I only meant to point out that I found humour in the hush that overcame the wolves thread after a win.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
While Bowen played well last night he's not Martin Brodeur guys. He wasn't really challenged by a listless team. I'm not saying he wasn't good but he wasn't a game changer. They didn't win "because" of his play.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Sorry if any think I was pointing at them as critical of anything pertaining to Bowen or management, I only meant to point out that I found humour in the hush that overcame the wolves thread after a win.
I completely understand you dirty12. There seems to be more comments when the Wolves lose.

cub

Apr 11, 2012

what hush? Bowen has been discussed previously against Flint and again against Northbay.

Reactions: i luvallsports

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I completely understand you dirty12. There seems to be more comments when the Wolves lose.

you sure you're not referring to the Flint board. We been losing all season, and the majority of posters have been positive with regarding the team, so not sure what are you trying to insinuate?.

Last edited by a moderator:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I will continue to beat the same drum ...the defense needs major overhaul. Hopefully this development year will generate good trades. I am curious with forwards. Does anyone see any changes there?

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
you sure you're not referring to the Flint board. We been losing all season, and the majority of posters have been positive with regarding the team, so not sure what are you trying to insinuate?.

Poster feels Flint not getting Byfield Lashing out. Smh

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

NewWolvesFan

Oct 1, 2017
I will continue to beat the same drum ...the defense needs major overhaul. Hopefully this development year will generate good trades. I am curious with forwards. Does anyone see any changes there?
I think Gilhula and potentially Carson could be dealt. Depending on who we draft in the Entry draft, we have lots of forwards. Carson hasn't put up the numbers, and Gilhula doesn't seem to fit on this team.

I agree our defence needs a major overhaul.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Not sure they would trade Carson as he brings some needed size and grit for next year. They may have to trade a 99 forward to get a defenseman maybe Bulitka depending on what they take in the draft. Not sure how marketable Gilhula is in terms of a trade. Baker in same boat as Gilhula however his defensive game is much better so perhaps he is more marketable.

NewWolvesFan

Oct 1, 2017
Not sure they would trade Carson as he brings some needed size and grit for next year. They may have to trade a 99 forward to get a defenseman maybe Bulitka depending on what they take in the draft. Not sure how marketable Gilhula is in terms of a trade. Baker in same boat as Gilhula however his defensive game is much better so perhaps he is more marketable.
Possibly. I could see them possibly moving Bulitka. As much as the numbers don't show it, I think Gilhula has more value than Baker does. Watching him play, I think Gilhula brings more to the table personally. However, if Papineau can somehow recoup the 2nd rd pick on Gilhula or a decent defence man for next year I would sing his praises.

Reactions: cub

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Possibly. I could see them possibly moving Bulitka. As much as the numbers don't show it, I think Gilhula has more value than Baker does. Watching him play, I think Gilhula brings more to the table personally. However, if Papineau can somehow recoup the 2nd rd pick on Gilhula or a decent defence man for next year I would sing his praises.
I would say Papineau getting a 2nd rd pick for Gilhula would be nothing short of a miracle and I too would sing his praises. I disagree with you on Gilhula I think his numbers say too much about how he plays. He was given every opportunity to shine and frankly hasn't. He is a fast skater. Great on PP when no one engages him but relies heavily on others to do the work for him. He looked great in preseason play and then what? I am not sure what I am missing.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010

Don't be surprised if guys are released. We've seen this take place this past fall. At the moment I remember at least two were released. Lane and the American dman. There will be more this coming year.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I heard Gilhula, is the best practice player out there, he looks fabulous during drills, however can't seem to do it during a game. I still think he could be valuable or late bloomer, but I think if we can move him for a defenceman, it would be ideal.

My concerns is more the goaltending, McGrath is still big question mark for me, he needs to get stronger, put some muscle on. It would be nice to have another goalie that has some intensity in their game and battle. Frappier to me has same demeanour has McGrath, if he had some intensity and cockiness, it can help push both of them. Bowen actually has some intensity and battles hard what i have seen so far, I looked at his stats in in Stoufville in 20 games a GAA of 5.34, and SVS of .865, it appears Stoufville is a weak team. It would maybe move McGrath for a veteran goalie if he has bad start next season, but they are so hard to find.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
I can see McGrath being moved. His skill set /performance does not top Frappier his junior. Bowen back-up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad