Sudbury Wolves 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I have heard rumblings of this but not sure if true, about Byfield, his agent is trying to set him up somewhere else. However, i heard Sudbury will take him regardless.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
What does TcFlint stand for anyway...Take Care Flint! Barclay will find you a good late round pick in the first. Enjoy

WJ
Well Sasquatch, I mean WJ, sounding like Byfield won’t report to Sudbury. Heart attack alert. However,if I were Sudbury, I would still select him.

Last edited:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I have heard rumblings of this but not sure if true, about Byfield, his agent is trying to set him up somewhere else. However, i heard Sudbury will take him regardless.
His agent is the Orr Group. Its all about doing their due diligence. No worries here.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Any predictions on the line combos next season, after taking Byfield first overall if we finish last this is what I think it may look like.

Pilon(OA) Murray Pilon(OA)
Carson Bulitka Baker
Levin Byfield 1st Rd Pick Niznikov
Hucthison Siau McConville
Tabek Gilhula Bowie
Lipanov???

Candella(OA) Stratis
Ross Serentis
Malik Phillips
Import pick??? - 2nd Rd Pick(one of Murray, Bar, Thompson, Biancioni, Gucciardi, Schlueting, O'Rourke)

McGrath
Frappier
Draft pick 3rd pick

The 2nd round pick will most likely be a defender. The Wolves will be extremely pleased to land anyone of those above mentioned names with the 6th pick in the second round. It all depends who is available at that point.

The 3rd pick for the Wolves will be a goalie IMO and their is a lot of good ones available if they pick one in that round. However if a player slips into the third round who is ranked to be a 2nd rounder then I believe Sudbury will take that player.

Its obvious the Wolves have some deals to make cause they will be carrying way too many bodies. So the truth is the audition for next season is really taking place.

With the suspected rule changes coming next season where teams may be able to draft an import goalie and overage goalies will no longer be considered as one of the 3 overages players then I can see goalies be taken later. One thing is for sure the Wolves have some good players to take with the top 3 and some valuable sleepers in the following rounds. I suspect players in this draft taken in the 4th-7th round may turn out to be very good. So lets hope the Wolves scouts and brass have done their homework and will take some of these guys in those spots particularly defence men.

WJ

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Happy to hear M.Pezzetta signed pro contract with Montreal. One of my favourite Wolves, a true class act.

Michael Pezzetta (@mpezzetta13) | Twitter
Congratulations to Michael Pezzetta. Was expecting him to be signed after the great year he has been having. A player who matured alot in one year and was driven and focused all year resulted in this signing. Wish him all the best!

WJ

Reactions: cub

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Looks like that Spirit lead is starting to a get a little bit bigger ;)

Flint 7- Erie 4

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Congratulations to Michael Pezzetta. Was expecting him to be signed after the great year he has been having. A player who matured alot in one year and was driven and focused all year resulted in this signing. Wish him all the best!

WJ

Well said. I'm sure he called coach Stillman and thanked him for his tutelage :thumbu:

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
So apparently since the NB gardens are booked for the scheduling timeline of games 1-4 of the OHL first round, the Battalion can't have any home games in the first 4. They are therefore trying to set up a "home" game in Sudbury.

Wanna go just to cheer for Kingston/Barrie if this happens.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
So apparently since the NB gardens are booked for the scheduling timeline of games 1-4 of the OHL first round, the Battalion can't have any home games in the first 4. They are therefore trying to set up a "home" game in Sudbury.

Wanna go just to cheer for Kingston/Barrie if this happens.

Wow, that's crazy, how does that happen? to be honest i cheer for the Northern teams when Wolves are out.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Wow, that's crazy, how does that happen? to be honest i cheer for the Northern teams when Wolves are out.

Womens World Curling Championship haha.

I'm definitely rooting for the Sault, but I cant stand NB.

OHLfanforlife99

Nov 23, 2017
Why can't you Stand North Bay? When North Bay was out of the Playoffs last year I cheered hard for Sudbury.. Go Troops!

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Why can't you Stand North Bay? When North Bay was out of the Playoffs last year I cheered hard for Sudbury.. Go Troops!

I've grown a distaste due to the rivalry coming back lol. When I was a kid I always hated the Centennials too haha. Nothing against the fans, just wanna see the team lose :P

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It's the only OHL playoff hockey your town is going to see this year. Be thankful :laugh:

I am thankful. Getting to see more of that Kingston PP or Svechnikov & Sokolov would be great. I saw two NB/Kingston one goal games, I think that would be a pretty good series.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
i like how the guy who was attacking the bowan pick isn't here to answer when the kid gets 1st star in a 4-2 win.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
i like how the guy who was attacking the bowan pick isn't here to answer when the kid gets 1st star in a 4-2 win.

To be fair, that guy did say he was ‘pleasantly surprised by Bowen’s play’ after a 38 save, 3-2 OTL last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad