Waived: Stu Bickel(Cleared);assigned to AHL

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
No. Bickel is a Torts guy but the biggest one on the team right now is Boyle. Trade HIM.

Boyle takes a lot of important faceoffs. There's definitely something going on, but if Boyle is getting traded, another center has to be coming back.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Stu will be back to haunt the Rangers and avenge this sacrilege!

jk, good thing he's gone. Probably means either trade or one of Fasth/Zucca.

*Bob Richards*

Stu will be back to haunt the Rangers avenge this sacrilege!

You just know that if he gets picked up and is given ice time, he would obviously score his first career goal against us. Why wouldn't he?

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
If Bickel was claimed and then scored against us... I think I'd actually flip a ****, literally.

Honestly, you would have a better chance winning the 100 million dollar power ball than for that to happen.

I would say there is a good chance that Bickel throws one of our players into our net. I guess that would sort of count as a goal...

Punxrocknyc19*

You just know that if he gets picked up and is given ice time, he would obviously score his first career goal against us. Why wouldn't he?

so watch Islanders claim him just for this reason... and it will be a powerplay game winner goal :help:

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Stu will be back to haunt the Rangers and avenge this sacrilege!

Fast is already signed (so he is one of the 48 contracts the rangers have), i'm pretty sure they did not need to clear room for him. Zuke's is an RFA and needs a contract so he would have to be signed. Someone correct any of this if I am mistaken.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Fast is already signed (so he is one of the 48 contracts the rangers have), i'm pretty sure they did not need to clear room for him. Zuke's is an RFA and needs a contract so he would have to be signed. Someone correct any of this if I am mistaken.

This is correct. The Rangers now have 48 contracts.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
If they are anticipating Fasth coming over why the rush to waive either or these two? Not going to say dominoes, but it seems as though they might be making room for something. They had a contract spot already now they have two, potentially three.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Wouldn't be surprised to see Zucc back soon as a result of all this. My only issue with him is that he seems to want immunity against getting sent down. I read something about him not wanting to play in the AHL again. Frankly, nobody with as little NHL experience as he has deserves that sort of treatment.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
23 guys....maybe staal is coming off IR soon?

needless to say they really need him.

If Bickel clears atleast he's going down to the minors. They will spin it as he needs to get games in blah blah meanwhile they could of just done the conditioning thing like Eminger.

why did he sign a 2 yr deal again? I mean he was a minor leaguer forever?

So is SUNDAY the waiver period?

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
needless to say they really need him.

If Bickel clears atleast he's going down to the minors. They will spin it as he needs to get games in blah blah meanwhile they could of just done the conditioning thing like Eminger.

why did he sign a 2 yr deal again? I mean he was a minor leaguer forever?

I thought Bickel had a two way contract. I don't think you can spin the AHL angle if that is the case...

SlingshotVv

arm-bar all the things
Sep 28, 2009
Colonia, NJ
good, this team is sending the message, a shakeup is coming

lets pray Bickel is picked up by a team wanting toughness. He is cheap and can play D and F........am I selling him ?:laugh:

if there's a big trade coming ok, i get it.

otherwise the only message sent is that the 4C and 8thD need to be replaced to get on the right track. what other message is being sent that I'm not seeing?

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
if there's a big trade coming ok, i get it.

otherwise the only message sent is that the 4C and 8thD need to be replaced to get on the right track. what other message is being sent that I'm not seeing?

Pizza party if the team scores three goals tomorrow??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad